Post Your Town Map

Holy crap.

I've been resetting since 11PM when I picked it up.. It's 7:46PM now.. At first, I was getting pretty nice maps, but I knew I could do a bit better.

I haven't even gotten one map that made me look twice in about 50 resets... I'm not even going to get to play today because all the shops are going to close by the time I find a good map... If I even do! T_T

I did find two perfect maps, but once I picked the wrong face... and the other, the villagers put their houses exactly where I wanted to put mine...

I've been resetting since 11PM when I picked it up.. It's 7:46PM now.. At first, I was getting pretty nice maps, but I knew I could do a bit better.

I haven't even gotten one map that made me look twice in about 50 resets... I'm not even going to get to play today because all the shops are going to close by the time I find a good map... If I even do! T_T

I did find two perfect maps, but once I picked the wrong face... and the other, the villagers put their houses exactly where I wanted to put mine...

Damn, sorry to hear that. I know some people can be pretty picky with the way things are when starting an AC game. I myself am a bit picky. I think I reset about 5 times before I kinda just got lazy and accepted the closest thing to perfect I would get. I wish you the best of luck in your continued efforts.

Damn, sorry to hear that. I know some people can be pretty picky with the way things are when starting an AC game. I myself am a bit picky. I think I reset about 5 times before I kinda just got lazy and accepted the closest thing to perfect I would get. I wish you the best of luck in your continued efforts.

Thanks! ^_^

IMG_1132.jpg
Here's my map. Sorry for the bad quality...
Native fruit is cherries.
Took me around 10 resets.
Villagers: Diana, Tutu, Leonardo, Marcie, Vic.

map2.jpg

click spoiler for picture

Does anyone else have a big chunk of beach that is inaccessible until you can swim? As you can see there is no ramp going to the left side of the beach. I didn't even know that was possible and didn't realize until after I was comfortable with my town.

Twinleaf_town.jpg

My town, Twinleaf!

I reset about 8 times. The game really wanted me to have the icky red train station but I eventually settled on my third choice, green because I got my cherries and blue town hall and just love that my entire map feels useful. I have big plans for that wide open space above my home on the bottom left. If any animals besides Olivia or Cherry move in there.... *shakes fist*

I feel different because I don't like or want a "private" beach and wanted more than one pond. Although I have a double of one pond shape, it's fine. At least I don't have the pond that has a erm....questionable shape. In my opinion, that is. :)

---

Forgot to add my villagers!

Anchovy, Bill, Tipper, Goldie and Kabuki. I'm cool with all of them, surprisingly. I tend to be picky but am extremely happy I didn't get any monkeys or gorillas. Because if/when I do....*shakes fist*

Last edited:
huge pic under the cut

InkstoneMap-Day1.jpg

I freakin' LOVE my town! It was the third of my four maps on my first try. My home is in a little niche right in front of the tree, and ReTail is to my immediate right. All of this is super close to the beach, and it's a straight shot down the slope to the dock. No secret beaches, either, so no immediate need for a wet suit. I'm going to make my coffee house and second character's home (to be designed into a library) by the town hall.

squeeeeee!

click spoiler for picture

Does anyone else have a big chunk of beach that is inaccessible until you can swim? As you can see there is no ramp going to the left side of the beach. I didn't even know that was possible and didn't realize until after I was comfortable with my town.

I do but mine is a really small chunck and it was on purpose but now I am a little bummed bc I realize that it seems most people have more beach area than me. (my map is on page 11)

huge pic under the cut

I freakin' LOVE my town! It was the third of my four maps on my first try. My home is in a little niche right in front of the tree, and ReTail is to my immediate right. All of this is super close to the beach, and it's a straight shot down the slope to the dock. No secret beaches, either, so no immediate need for a wet suit. I'm going to make my coffee house and second character's home (to be designed into a library) by the town hall.

squeeeeee!

Sigh.. Now I need to restart.
I knew I shouldn't have looked here, I thought I was happy with my map, but after looking at yours..
Gah. It's too perfect. I wish I had your luck :p

Sigh.. Now I need to restart.
I knew I shouldn't have looked here, I thought I was happy with my map, but after looking at yours..
Gah. It's too perfect. I wish I had your luck :p

Aww, there-there. It's okay. You can come visit. ^_^

I had, by my terms, the 'perfect' layout but got a little greedy and thought I could get better in the next batch of maps. (lol I was horribly wrong). Ended up with this after 40 minutes of resetting:
Untitled.jpg

It's not exactly what I had in mind; in fact, it's way off. After a few hours I realized just how terrible the placement of the ponds are. Especially with one right under the train station entrance. Gotta live with it since I don't want to burden the people that helped me catalog Japanese exclusive items again. Not to mention it'll be a hassle to time travel for the Nookling store upgrade.

I have no idea how this town will turn out. I guess that's where the fun is at, though.

Settled for this one after resetting 15ish times
I didn't like it at first, but after awhile it grew on me. It allows me to make easy pathways with no weird curves and although my town tree thingy isn't the center of the map it does have a waterfall in the background which is pretty cool :)

Just wish those ponds were somewhere else...

20130609_135455.jpg

I have big plans for the large space on the right side of the river

Settled for this one after resetting 15ish times
I didn't like it at first, but after awhile it grew on me. It allows me to make easy pathways with no weird curves and although my town tree thingy isn't the center of the map it does have a waterfall in the background which is pretty cool :)

Just wish those ponds were somewhere else...

I have big plans for the large space on the right side of the river

Yeah those ponds are so close together it stinks really. But it looks like a lot of space on the right.

Yeah those ponds are so close together it stinks really. But it looks like a lot of space on the right.

After playing on it for about 4 hours, it's kind of nice. Public vs. private space kind of thing. Left side will be where all the business goes down and the right side will be my garden :p (room to do something creative I guess)

It's great that so many people have posted their maps, thank you! I've got a really clear idea now of what I want. Come on Friday!

Back