• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Please let there be an equal amount of unisex and male items.

LokiBoy

Bells
Switch
6289-4033-7515
I don?t remember how items were in the new leaf game but one thing that I found really irritating on the Animal Crossing app, was that their were almost never any items being made for male characters. almost everytime an outfit was released it turned out to be a dress or something to be worn by females. I?m really hoping that the devs worked on that and will make it so that theirs a balance for people of both sexes.

sadly this is an issue that plagues a lot of video games. girls get all the cute and creative designs while boys have a much smaller pool of nice looking clothes to work with. it always bothered me when i tried to dress my male villagers and they just end up looking meh at best.

fortunately in new horizons all items, hair styles, and facial features are unisex. judging from the footage we've seen there is a lot of really nice looking new "masculine" fashionwear so i don't think the gap will be so wide this time.

To be fair, your male character can wear the dresses and ‘female’ items. I want there to be better pants though. I like using dresses on my characters but I do feel like pants give an outfit a hell of a lot more versatility.

i’m a female but i do have to agree that the males get the short end of the stick when it comes to good clothing and as already mentioned, that plagues a lot of different games out there

i’m a female but i do have to agree that the males get the short end of the stick when it comes to good clothing and as already mentioned, that plagues a lot of different games out there

what games? the sims and other "more female friendly" games? I was under the impression that mainstream videogames (far cry, assassins creed, borderlands) were more aimed towards men. huh, you learn something new everyday.

i want more good masculine clothes because even though im a girl, i prefer a more masculine aesthetic. more cute pants and button ups please ^^

For most games it's definitely the reverse. For these types of games it is this way. The reason for both is the demographic of who plays the game. These forums are over 70% female. It just makes sense to cater most to the larger share of your audience.

That's not to say that anything should alienate the smaller portion of the audience and that they shouldn't get anything good! But I don't think a 50-50 split in all regards makes sense when it's mostly girls playing.

I was so happy to find out that character selection removed gender! The fact that we can choose any hair style, or eye style, is fantastic! And that clothes can be worn by anyone. I know New Leaf let anyone wear all clothes, but this takes it even a step further toward truly personal customization!

i feel the same, even though i am a girl in my real life i dress more masculine so in video games i prefer my character to wear the more masculine clothing. hopefully we will have some better options this game, i already cant wait to get my character a backpack.

Like Gurgi said, there is no longer any gender selection for the game. Your character can wear anything you want

I'm sure they will add more male items to the game, everything I've seen so far for the males actually looks good in the Direct. I do understand how you feel. I've played a few other games besides Animal Crossing and the males always seemed to get just basic outfits and nothing special like the girls. So I bet they will add more male outfits that look really cool too and not just for the girls. :cool:

i want more good masculine clothes because even though im a girl, i prefer a more masculine aesthetic. more cute pants and button ups please ^^

Same!! I have high hopes for the bomber type jacket they showed in the direct (could have been a trailer maybe). It looks just like one I have in real life and I love it.

I was so happy to find out that character selection removed gender! The fact that we can choose any hair style, or eye style, is fantastic! And that clothes can be worn by anyone. I know New Leaf let anyone wear all clothes, but this takes it even a step further toward truly personal customization!

Yeah this was a nice surprise! I didn't notice that before until I rewatched the Direct. I think there will be a lot of unisex options and nicer male clothes this time around. For one thing, we're not all subjected to wearing only skinny pants anymore. I also saw some nice hats and layered looking jackets/shirt combos from one of the trailers too. Of course, there'll be a ton of dress options though, especially with the new dress types being introduced. Can't wait to experiment with everything.

what games? the sims and other "more female friendly" games? I was under the impression that mainstream videogames (far cry, assassins creed, borderlands) were more aimed towards men. huh, you learn something new everyday.

It's very common in MMOs. Take Final Fantasy XIV for example, females get a lot more creative glamour items while the male glamours tend to be a lot more generic. And let's not even talk about Korean MMOs like TERA where there are jobs that are exclusive to female characters. A lot of guys today play female characters and enjoy dressing them up for the eye candy or aesthetic so game developers favor them.

Last edited:
New Leaf had the same problem, I always had to find QR clothes just to get some nice jackets over shirts and basic stuff like that. I don't think the game even had something like chucks or sneakers. It's always stupid when a game doesn't cater to one gender, games aren't gendered. Anyone would be turned off by a game that only has ****ty options for you.

Back