• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Physical or Digital Copy?

Which version do you plan on purchasing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Physical for sure. I'll probably lose my 3ds.

If you think it's so probable that you could lose your 3DS, why do you think it'd be less likely that you'd lose your copy of the game?

I've never lost a console before, but I've lost a few DS games...

Physical, I was contemplating getting digital but I already pre-ordered physical and I'm probably picking up the Prima guide as well, so it'll be nice for me to have both the game and the guide in physical form. :D

-gasps- :eek: you wouldn't!

Of course not! But I have licked a tree before for like 5$....

But loosing the game for physical copy.... i would have that problem. My room is a mess and when i go places i always leave something behind and it's mostly my games. good thing i only go over to friends houses... ;;;

Does anyone know if you get a digital copy first and play it kind of as a test town - like time traveling and cutting down the trees of the island to get all those bugs and then having a physical copy to play as your "beautiful" town, is that possible? I was thinking of paying for both the digital and physical version and then playing around with my digital version and getting a lot of bells like using the island tree cutting tricka and then mailing the money to myself to my real town. So, technically I would have two separate towns, but one 1 3DS. Maybe you can't do this, and I would hate to waste the money on the digital since I have already pre-paid for the physical if this won't work.... Thanks.

Does anyone know if you get a digital copy first and play it kind of as a test town - like time traveling and cutting down the trees of the island to get all those bugs and then having a physical copy to play as your "beautiful" town, is that possible? I was thinking of paying for both the digital and physical version and then playing around with my digital version and getting a lot of bells like using the island tree cutting tricka and then mailing the money to myself to my real town. So, technically I would have two separate towns, but one 1 3DS. Maybe you can't do this, and I would hate to waste the money on the digital since I have already pre-paid for the physical if this won't work.... Thanks.

EDIT: moved my reply to your thread

if you break your 3DS, or lose your 3DS. You will lose New Leaf and have to rebuy it

Retail copy! Idk, like I understand all the advantages of going digital, but it just feels RIGHT to stick with traditional game card.

I'm undecided.. But I like the idea of being able to download it in the early hours of the morning and not having to wait until Gamestop opens.. I just have so many SD cards filled with games as it is.. I'm going to have to buy a new one which isn't too big of an issue.

I was undecided about this for a long time. Even though I'm getting the Animal Crossing 3DS XL with the game preinstalled, I might get a physical copy.

The only reason is I actually have a pink 3DS XL that I would rather use to play the game when I'm out in public just in case I drop it or something horrible happens. The only thing that stinks about that though is then I'd have 2 different 3DS friend codes :/ Ugh I don't know what to do!

Physical or Digital?

Hello! I've been having this dilemma with New Leaf, you see I got no "cash" yet I do got money, I live in Mexico so price is gonna be 54.90$USD ($699.00 MXN) Almost double as In the USA which is a $34.99 USD Price, but however not that I mind at all, I got my savings even tho its a rip off. The real problem I got is that, I can't choose wether to get a digital or a physical copy of AC:NL. With this I mean, the Game Case is being released June 9th as we all know, but on eShop will be available for download June 9th midnight however I would like to know what you think it's better and with what arguments. I been debating this principally 'cause:

Digital:
  • Release: June 9th Midnight
  • Would be nice to have it before "everyone"
  • I don't plan to sell it
  • No need to go to the store
  • Risk of losing it if 3ds breaks or anything

Physical
  • Release: June 9th
  • Most of my friends will get physical
  • It's always nice to have collectable boxes
  • Guide Included
  • Able to lend it
  • If 3DS stop working It'll still work on another
  • Risk of losing the cartridge

Last edited:
Umm... The digital version doesn't launch at Midnight June 6th... It launches (for you) at Midnight June 9th, the same day as the physical.

Personally, I'm going for the digital just for the fact you can get it at midnight, I wont lose the game cart and chances are, once it goes in my 3DS, it would never be coming out anyway! :p Also, please be aware that many stores are only gettng enough physcial copies to fulfill pre-orders.

I'm quite surprised at just how much my 4GB memory card can hold. New Leaf will be my 4th Digital Download Game, along with Pilotwings Resort, Super Mario 3D Land and Luigi's Mansion 2. :O

I'm getting the digital copy because I pre-ordered the 3DS XL bundle. If I wasn't getting the bundle I probably would have just bought the physical. I just like having the box to add to the collection of games. And by the way, the digital copy is being released at midnight June 9th. It's the same day as the physical but just at an earlier time. Do whatever you want, either way you're gonna have the game.

Im getting the physical copy not really a fan of the digital way i like to know that i actually own the game the digital feels like your just renting it.

Back