• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

pet peeves / lil stuff you cant stand

The whole deepfake/AI nudes thing is creepy and disturbing. Like…who is taking time out of their day to make these pictures?!
I’m horrified by the Taylor Swift news, but also how this not only hits mainstream celebrities, but niche Internet ones too. I remember one streamer was paying for AI nudes (pics and videos) of other female streamers. He made an apology video where he and his wife were crying, but the female streamers cried as they were horrified their images were used like that. Of course, some people victim-blamed the women, but others were like “since it’s AI, and not a REAL nude, it’s not hurting anyone.” 🙄 Honestly the people who make these images are sick and should be prosecuted the same as people who commit other similar crimes.
This is why AI is a double edged sword. Sure, it might have good effects on society, but on the other hand, you have some pervs like this that will find every degenerate thing they can do with it. I think people might even start using AI to create illegal, uh, content, which will probably result in AI being made illegal or at least having heavy restrictions as well.

Last edited:
I don't think anything really good has came out of this whole AI boom. People are plagiarizing writings and art and no one seems to want to take accountability. Back when it was first introduced people here were claiming it was a fad and would die out and that it was a good inspiration for artists. It's not.

The whole adult side of AI and plagiarizing is getting out of hand. They aren't going to prosecute anyone for using AI for whatever reason. Especially because Marvel used AI to make one of their openings for their one show. I forget the name. If they can't get a lawsuit against them then no one is.

What is probably going to happen is that these AI sites are going to be hit hard because there isn't any regulation. So far they've just been left run amok and that can't be a thing anymore. I'm usually against the government taking freedom away and having too much power, but this AI thing needs to be regulated.

This is a good point and I know is something you've talked about in the past. It's why I'm always as patient as possible when calling places like this, because I know they're doing about a million things at once and I am not entitled to their time. It's annoying when so many people are impatient, but I mean, that's people in general, and applies to other places as well that deal with customer service.
If only everyone were as aware as you are. Pharmacy can be absolutely brutal...but my guess is it's nothing compared to food service. I can't imagine what they have to put up with...back in high school I worked at Subway for 2 weeks and that was too much for me. Nothing but respect for the people in that line of work.

Biased opinion here, but people who don’t understand how pharmacies operate.

Stop complaining that we don’t pick up the phone, it’s because we’re already 1-on-1 with another patient.

The opposite is true as well, stop complaining that you’re in line forever, it’s because we’re on the phone with a different patient.

The entitlement when dealing with people and their medications is insane. You’re not the only sick person out there.
But Mr.Fox I need my adderall. Where is my adderall? Don't answer that call! Give me my adderall!!!

I HATE slices of cheese that refuse to come apart. They just stick to each other and when you try to take one off they rip apart or rip off with the other one and even though all you wanted was one slice now you have ****ing 4 I’m so angry right now I can’t express it through a phone keyboard I think I need to go sit down or something.

I’ve never been so angry at a dairy product in my life.

People who spell "Like" as "L-i-e-k"
1707094745934.png

In sorry, I had to do it.

Reactions: Neb
People who spell "Like" as "L-i-e-k"
You might be messaging a fluffy kitten eating chezburgers on the other end of the conversation, so you know. Be careful... 🚨🍔🐈🚨 I sometimes type that out too by mistake. As well as "porblem" instead of "problem". 🙊 That's like, my own inside joke though, so I often use "porblem" in my thoughts for fun. 😁

You might be messaging a fluffy kitten eating chezburgers on the other end of the conversation, so you know. Be careful... 🚨🍔🐈🚨 I sometimes type that out too by mistake. As well as "porblem" instead of "problem". 🙊 That's like, my own inside joke though, so I often use "porblem" in my thoughts for fun. 😁
I have the “I Can Haz Cheezburger?” book Omg 😂 I miss some of that early Internet humor.

I kind of hate the word “slay” (in the sense it’s used in now) I know a some people on this site are guilty of using it. I don’t care, it doesn’t taint my views on people when they do it, but I’ve seen it get said so much it’s been completely burned into the ground for me.

I guess I could say the same thing about all Gen Z/A slang, but slay is actually one of the more tolerable words.

I kind of hate the word “slay” (in the sense it’s used in now) I know a some people on this site are guilty of using it. I don’t care, it doesn’t taint my views on people when they do it, but I’ve seen it get said so much it’s been completely burned into the ground for me.

I guess I could say the same thing about all Gen Z/A slang, but slay is actually one of the more tolerable words.
I feel similarly about how people throw “serving c-word” around. It was funny at first but now whenever I see it, I roll my eyes.

Not sure if I posted this on this thread yet, but I HATE it when people eavesdrop on conversations I'm having with the people I'm eating with at restaurants and they comment on it.

I'm gonna try to explain this without sounding nonsensical or getting in trouble, but... People who use sexually explicit words and terminology to describe otherwise innocent/general things. Not only does it make me uncomfortable, but it seems like you're trying to be edgy by using crude language when it's not needed. :x

When people say "ur mom". What about her?

I don't know why your quote reminded me of Muscle Man, but it did. By the way, the stand-up joke at the beginning of the video where no one laughed actually made me laugh.

There are people at work who never push in their chairs in the lounge before they leave. The fact that I've written reminders on the board and they keep getting erased by an unknown person angers me even more. Just push in your chairs and be done with it. Jeez.

This one is an unpopular opinion, but I hate it when other 20 somethings or 30 something’s call themselves old. Like no, my 86 year old grandparents are old. It’s sooooo common online for people to do this. I don’t think anyone is old at all until they’re 60.

Back