• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

pet peeves / lil stuff you cant stand

All this AI generated crap. It's lazy and uncreative, unless you're using it to help get your creative juices flowing and not trying to make profit like that junk that currently haunts the Kindle store and Nintendo eshop.

Like look at this shameless thing. The price for it is $20 USD.
Also 'Official', yeah ok. I hope no one hasn't spent any money on this.
Screenshot 2024-05-22 at 5.40.59 PM.png

Last edited:
This one is an unpopular opinion, but I hate it when other 20 somethings or 30 something’s call themselves old. Like no, my 86 year old grandparents are old. It’s sooooo common online for people to do this. I don’t think anyone is old at all until they’re 60.
I call myself old when people I went to high school with start marrying at my age and have kids (I'm 24 and single). Then again, I haven't paid attention to nor cared about their social media posts for years. Heck, several people I've known that met and dated in high school are still together to this day and are now married/about to get married.

I wish I could live through that experience, but I haven't even been on a real date with anyone ever except during prom. I blame my lack of motivation and willingness to maintain friendships.

Speaking of which...

I get annoyed of looking at Instagram accounts that post nothing but happy couple photos. You mean to tell me that I'm supposed to feel happy about two lovers being together? All it does is make me depressed about my own social life.

I find it odd when a video game takes a jab or pokes fun at people who play them.

It's just strange seeing a product insult the consumer.
Nowadays I don’t mind a playful insult from a game, but this reminds me of this really weird game I saw someone else playing in middle school. I think it was called ‘Type Masta’ and it was on a typing games website our computer teacher had us go on when we had extra time. It had this weird blocky avatar hurl insults at the player. I found it a bit ironic for a class with a unit on cyberbullying ^^;

Nowadays I don’t mind a playful insult from a game, but this reminds me of this really weird game I saw someone else playing in middle school. I think it was called ‘Type Masta’ and it was on a typing games website our computer teacher had us go on when we had extra time. It had this weird blocky avatar hurl insults at the player. I found it a bit ironic for a class with a unit on cyberbullying ^^;

I was playing a sports game. One of the announcers says "This athlete is not a loser who sits around and plays games on his couch". That's where my post came from.

mmmmm

I dunno. I didn't particularly find it offensive, but it didn't feel necessary to place in a game.

but I'll be honest. If I had been playing with others at the time we probably would have laughed at it. maybe that was the intent.

I really hate those fast paced YouTube videos.
The ones where the YouTuber has to throw in memes every second (and thinking they're funny while doing it). It hurts my brain.

Those types of videos really needs a warning on them or something. ugh

I don't get why some people have to use an exclamation mark when describing an alternative version of a certain character on the internet. For example: Baby!Mario

It is really annoying. I wonder if it's some new meme I've not heard of before, or if it's an internet fad of some kind.

I don't get why some people have to use an exclamation mark when describing an alternative version of a certain character on the internet. For example: Baby!Mario

It is really annoying. I wonder if it's some new meme I've not heard of before, or if it's an internet fad of some kind.
You make an excellent point. It's literally just another character. Why would someone add an exclamation mark when describing them??? Now it's got me annoyed. :LOL:

Something that annoys me, while it may not be little, is when people don't wash their hands after using the bathroom. Then they have the audacity to try and shake my hand or buy something from me. Disgusting!

A motorcycle passed me going at 100 MPH. I was going 60. It was gone in a blur. I don't understand why anyone would risk going that fast.

I also don't like getting blown a horn at or passed while I'm still accelerating the car. Give me a moment please and I'll speed up.

It just feels like some people see driving as a competitive challenge to always get in front of you or go first.

When you’re playing a video game in public and people nearby see it and start speculating on what kind of game it is. I just want to play my game peacefully and not have other people judge it out loud.

Back