• LIVE A gaming session for Among Us as part of TBT Neighborly Games is happening right now! Join us in our Discord server's multiplayer channel.
  • We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

pet peeves / lil stuff you cant stand

"Love" songs with lyrics where the singer is telling their partner that they'll "never find someone else as [whatever] as me" or that no one else will treat them as well as the singer does. I think that's a really terrible and emotionally manipulative thing to say to someone you claim to love. Breakup songs are one thing, but in regular love songs (and assuming there isn't meant to be a hidden layer where the singer is playing a manipulative character) I feel like that's kinda normalizing some pretty toxic stuff.
Or the singer (who’s male) talks about how their love interest (99% of the time it’s a lady) won’t like them back, as it’s unrequited love. Trying to get their attention with sweet words is one thing, but calling them a bad person just for not liking them back is just wrong on so many levels.

Then again, I don’t really hate songs based on their lyrics unless they say stuff that makes me uncomfortable.

How much search engines suck. You can't type anything in and find what you're looking for anymore. I remember a few years ago I could find what I needed right away. Now all search engines are just trying to push an algorithm agenda and it sucks. Get your fingers out of everything you dirty corporate turds.

How much search engines suck. You can't type anything in and find what you're looking for anymore. I remember a few years ago I could find what I needed right away. Now all search engines are just trying to push an algorithm agenda and it sucks. Get your fingers out of everything you dirty corporate turds.
Don't forget all the promoted stuff they try to shove down your throat.

YouTube's search feature is absolute dog bleep. You'll search for something, get 6-10 videos of things actually related to your search, and then a bunch of stuff that has nothing to do with your search. For example, I'll search up a movie logo, and see some results relating to the logo. Several videos down, I'll suddenly start seeing random gaming videos in the search results from a channel I'm subscribed to for no reason. The worst part? These are videos I've previously watched. The so-called "trending" videos are mostly downer things or stuff I don't care about, and then you reach the Shorts section, and it's just a bunch of reaction video bologna.

Then you look at recommended videos on the sidebar next to the video you're watching, and it's all clickbait crap from popular YouTubers mixed in with random videos from people you're subscribed to. The latter part wouldn't be as bad if the channels you're subscribed to are all related with a certain topic, but it's definitely not helpful to those who subscribe to a wide variety of channels that deal with various topics.

I was even forced to install a Chrome addon on my computer to prevent these random unrelated videos from popping up, and it's mostly worked. I still see irrelevant Shorts every now and then, and I turned off the recommended video sidebar completely as it's useless at this point. You'd think the people at Google are smart enough to know what people actually want, but no. All they want is their ad money.

Whenever I'm in the middle of doing stuff and then one thing is going on that prevents from doing what I'm doing it sends me in a very frustrated mood. Since I am autistic and suffer from hypertension its easily for me to get angry whenever I have too much going on and its hard to finish everything at once.

I don’t see a point in using emojis or smileys after every sentence in your paragraph.

I have a dog. :3 His name is Keagan. :3 he is a chocolate lab. :) I took him for a walk. :3 I think he had a good time. :)

Like, why?

I Hate It When People Type Like This. I Mean, Why Do You Feel The Need To Capitalize The First Letter Of Every Word? This Isn’t Title Case. You’re Typing Paragraphs For Crying Out Loud. Stop Making My Eyes Suffer.

…and i’d much rather see people type in lowercase only because it’s easier on the eyes. it’s still sort of unprofessional, but at least i won’t judge you personally.

I Hate It When People Type Like This. I Mean, Why Do You Feel The Need To Capitalize The First Letter Of Every Word? This Isn’t Title Case. You’re Typing Paragraphs For Crying Out Loud. Stop Making My Eyes Suffer.

…and i’d much rather see people type in lowercase only because it’s easier on the eyes. it’s still sort of unprofessional, but at least i won’t judge you personally.
yEAH pEOPLE wHO dO tHAT aRE aNNOYING.

I don't mind baking/cooking webpages having tons of pictures and instructions and whatnot, but what I absolutely hate is when they have a billion video/gif ads! Especially the little box to the right (usually) that plays non-stop baking/cooking videos. It makes loading the page take foreverrrr
Post automatically merged:

I don’t see a point in using emojis or smileys after every sentence in your paragraph.

I have a dog. :3 His name is Keagan. :3 he is a chocolate lab. :) I took him for a walk. :3 I think he had a good time. :)

Like, why?
low-key I think that is an understandable/acceptable way of typing when talking about your pets

Whenever I’m talking about a particular store or brand, and then I get an ad for it on YouTube or Instagram. I know the phone “hears” what I’m saying, but it’s more annoying than creepy at this point.

I don't mind baking/cooking webpages having tons of pictures and instructions and whatnot, but what I absolutely hate is when they have a billion video/gif ads! Especially the little box to the right (usually) that plays non-stop baking/cooking videos. It makes loading the page take foreverrrr
Whenever I’m talking about a particular store or brand, and then I get an ad for it on YouTube or Instagram. I know the phone “hears” what I’m saying, but it’s more annoying than creepy at this point.
And this is why I run multiple ad blockers on my browsers. Internet ads (especially pharmaceutical TV and radio ones) are one of the banes of my existence. I've even heard of ads that will play right in the middle of a song that's playing on ad-supported song playlists. That and sports arenas that hold naming rights for a company, which is essentially a whole building that advertises a single company. Some of them are actually fine if you ignore the logo (Ford Field, Gillette Stadium, Levi's Stadium, NRG Stadium), but others just sound horrible in my opinion (Crypto.com Arena, Little Caesars Arena, Smoothie King Arena, Guaranteed Rate Field and so on; the latter's logo literally has an arrow pointing down as if the team the place hosts, the Chicago White Sox, is on a downward spiral).

The pharmaceutical ads are especially baffling. They're EVERYWHERE, and most of these drugs they advertise require a doctor's prescription, so it only applies to a small amount of people. On one of the FM radio stations I listen to, there's an ad for Hims (Company that sells cheaper alternatives for name brand drugs) that plays twice in a row every time it's on, audible fine print and all. Super annoying.

And don't even get me started on the Pfizer ads. They like to play three vaccine ads every break as if they're trying to hypnotize the listeners to do what they say. I myself keep up with my vaccines, but for crying out loud, just shut up and let people do what they want with their health themselves. We are all very well aware about preventing sickness; you're making ME sick by having to hear your ads constantly.

You can probably tell that I hate ads. If my phone ever were to actually listen to me, they would stop showing me ads in the first place on the few apps I can't disable them on.

This is such a weird/random thing i know but 98% of the time I cannot STAND when a button is sewn on with darker thread than the button! It usually looks HORRIBLE and i’m just like. Why did you do that. What was the reason.
IMG_1026.jpeg

No, you don’t understand. This is like the visual equivalent of NAILS ON A CHALKBOARD to me.
my love manages to pull this look off though ^^ he looks amazing in anything!! ♪(๑ᴖ◡ᴖ๑)♪

I cannot STAND when a button is sewn on with darker thread than the button!
I wear buttoned up shirts and polos all the time and I'm amused someone's bringing that up. 😁 My guess is that these are mass produced items and it would waste labor, time and money for someone to swap out the thread on the machine they're using for all the sewing needs. 🐷🤑 If you have clothing that does match the thread color to the button, then that's gotta be a good brand of clothing you've got. 🌟 I've never given it much thought, honestly, but if you know how to sew a button, it's not a huge deal replacing them. I don't bother though. 🤷‍♀️

Oh and someone a few posts behind me mentioned people using emojis after every sentence. 😳😳 I only do it because it's my way of adding flair and visuals to what I have to say. I very much like incorporating visual elements for comedic value or emphasis when communicating. 😀👍🗣📢🙉

Female attraction is still demonized in today’s society. Not necessarily out of purity culture, though that plays a role, but because some men thinking a girl should jump through flaming hoops to justify her attraction to a man. To them, our simple attraction inherently disguises a crafty plot.
For example, I’ve seen lots of girls online (me included!) express that they think shirtless Jason Kelce is hot. 😜 Then some men ruin the post by saying “it’s only because he’s rich” , “it’s only because he’s an athlete”, “it’s only because he has a beard”, etc. Excuse me?! If we wanted money, we’d talk about that and not a handsome man we’d never meet.
They think a girl sees a guy as an opportunity, rather than a human being. Some women do that— but the vast majority, crushing on a celebrity…no. We’re just having fun. Why can’t men let women enjoy things? Kind of hard to clutch your pearls with your head up your butt.

Female attraction is still demonized in today’s society. Not necessarily out of purity culture, though that plays a role, but because some men thinking a girl should jump through flaming hoops to justify her attraction to a man. To them, our simple attraction inherently disguises a crafty plot.
For example, I’ve seen lots of girls online (me included!) express that they think shirtless Jason Kelce is hot. 😜 Then some men ruin the post by saying “it’s only because he’s rich” , “it’s only because he’s an athlete”, “it’s only because he has a beard”, etc. Excuse me?! If we wanted money, we’d talk about that and not a handsome man we’d never meet.
They think a girl sees a guy as an opportunity, rather than a human being. Some women do that— but the vast majority, crushing on a celebrity…no. We’re just having fun. Why can’t men let women enjoy things? Kind of hard to clutch your pearls with your head up your butt.
I think both sides are guilty of that. I know a lot of guys who ended up on dates because the ladies just wanted a free meal and then ghosted them after. I've come to find out that a lot of people are very shallow. Maybe it's the anonymity on the internet that let's their true side show.

I remember seeing a tweet about this dude who made a diamond ring out of a broken glass bottle for someone. Dude was really talented and able to grind it to a near polish where you wouldn't know it was just trash before. So many ladies came in the comments saying how it was pathetic and how they'd never marry someone that cheap. People just suck. The diamond business is such a racket and this dude took time out to make a genuine gift.

Biased opinion here, but people who don’t understand how pharmacies operate.

Stop complaining that we don’t pick up the phone, it’s because we’re already 1-on-1 with another patient.

The opposite is true as well, stop complaining that you’re in line forever, it’s because we’re on the phone with a different patient.

The entitlement when dealing with people and their medications is insane. You’re not the only sick person out there.

Biased opinion here, but people who don’t understand how pharmacies operate.

Stop complaining that we don’t pick up the phone, it’s because we’re already 1-on-1 with another patient.

The opposite is true as well, stop complaining that you’re in line forever, it’s because we’re on the phone with a different patient.

The entitlement when dealing with people and their medications is insane. You’re not the only sick person out there.

This is a good point and I know is something you've talked about in the past. It's why I'm always as patient as possible when calling places like this, because I know they're doing about a million things at once and I am not entitled to their time. It's annoying when so many people are impatient, but I mean, that's people in general, and applies to other places as well that deal with customer service.

I think both sides are guilty of that. I know a lot of guys who ended up on dates because the ladies just wanted a free meal and then ghosted them after. I've come to find out that a lot of people are very shallow. Maybe it's the anonymity on the internet that let's their true side show.

I remember seeing a tweet about this dude who made a diamond ring out of a broken glass bottle for someone. Dude was really talented and able to grind it to a near polish where you wouldn't know it was just trash before. So many ladies came in the comments saying how it was pathetic and how they'd never marry someone that cheap. People just suck. The diamond business is such a racket and this dude took time out to make a genuine gift.
I think I should clarify and add that people should stop acting shocked when someone finds a chubby person attractive. It’s rude and narrow-minded. And assuming that anyone is only attracted to them because they want money or fame is also low. However I am also aware that people do that.

If people are being two-faced using each other for money and roasting someone for being creative, that’s terrible. I can’t stand bullies.

I think I should clarify and add that people should stop acting shocked when someone finds a chubby person attractive. It’s rude and narrow-minded. And assuming that anyone is only attracted to them because they want money or fame is also low. However I am also aware that people do that.

If people are being two-faced using each other for money and roasting someone for being creative, that’s terrible. I can’t stand bullies.
No I get what you were saying. I was just adding to it. So many people are caught up on this materialism and vanity. Social media just heightened it and brought the worst out of people.

The whole deepfake/AI nudes thing is creepy and disturbing. Like…who is taking time out of their day to make these pictures?!
I’m horrified by the Taylor Swift news, but also how this not only hits mainstream celebrities, but niche Internet ones too. I remember one streamer was paying for AI nudes (pics and videos) of other female streamers. He made an apology video where he and his wife were crying, but the female streamers cried as they were horrified their images were used like that. Of course, some people victim-blamed the women, but others were like “since it’s AI, and not a REAL nude, it’s not hurting anyone.” 🙄 Honestly the people who make these images are sick and should be prosecuted the same as people who commit other similar crimes.

Back