People Calling New Leaf Boring

Cobalt

New Leaf Freak
Bells
Orange (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
Feedback
0% (0) +
Anyone else ever have that time where your friends call Animal Crossing New Leaf boring, and you always try to spice things up a bit, or try to find various glitches, or maybe a glitch through a hack (entertainment purposes only of course), and they eventually leave? Well that just happened to me. But I'm used to it, it usually happens every year, and they say the same thing each time about not ever leaving, until they do leave one day and never come back because of an addiction to something else. Every time I have fun discovering new and different things in this game since it came out, and I have never stopped there, no matter how many times people have quit the game. I'm just at that weird point again where I do these fun things alone, or maybe work on my town till someone new may arrive. This is just the repeating history of the game for me, but I always still have fun with it. If anyone ever wants to join me sometime, I don't mind, but I always tend to give out this warning right after becoming good friends.

I feel you. I usually make a small group of friends on Animal Crossing and we play often until one day they disappear. It happened on City Folk too. It's definitely a pattern. For me most of the fun of having visitors is just talking. It's not as easy with the way the chat is set up on New Leaf but it's whatever. I usually play at night during the weekdays and whenever during the weekend. You're welcome to visit or vice versa.

I can understand both sides. I've definitely been one of those sudden quitters. It's never intentional. For me, the reason is usually not being able to play for a day or two, then from there I'm just put off returning by the thought of weeds and complaining animals saying I failed to meet them, or knowing I lost a favourite animal because I couldn't get on in time to stop them. I'm also frequently a night owl, so knowing the shops are shut is another big turn off.

But I've also been an addict for long periods and it's definitely appreciated when I find equally fond friends of the game. If only Nintendo continued to add things. When New Leaf came out, I assumed the online update feature would be frequently used to add significant things to the game. Things like new shops on main street. It's sad they let so much potential go to waste.

I have always played off and on too. Most times that I stop playing is because I've lost the internet at that time.. or I get busy for a few days then get too scared to turn on the game and see how I failed my villagers.

Well, it's not just them leaving for a few days, the people I know leave their entire 3DS for months, usually leading to years.

I take breaks every now and then, I come back because this is one of the few games I find therapeutic. Other than puzzle games, but those can get frustrating at times. Sometimes you need a hiatus in order to come back and appreciate something like the AC series.

For me, the game really ebbs and flows I guess. At first I was so into playing that I bought a second copy and spent hours and hours on both of my towns. Then I got bored and traded in both copies for Alpha Sapphire. A year later I kept started missing ACNL, so I bought yet another copy.

Back