• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Our 2020 Christmas Event is Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy

Staff
Administrator
Site Owner
Bells
Island
Númenor
Golden Watering Can
Red Pansy
White Pansy
White Pansy
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Rose
Purple Violet
White Lily
Season's greetings! You may have seen a few pieces of our new holiday event start early over the last couple of days, but now it's here in full! Introducing TBT's Season of Giving!

TBT's Season of Giving!

Season_of_Giving_banner.png

This event is all about giving gifts to others. If you're familiar with our typical events, you know that you can earn currency in various ways in order to spend them on collectibles or other prizes. However, in this special event, the collectibles can only be gifted to your friends or other members of the community! To get started and read all about how it works, head over to the main thread of the event in its new dedicated board: Welcome to TBT's Season of Giving!

Newly Wrapped Collectibles: No Peeking!

Gifting isn't the only thing that makes these collectibles special. They're also covered in wrapping paper, which means no one knows what they'll look like until they're revealed on Christmas night!

holiday-gift-red.png
holiday-gift-green.png
holiday-gift-blue.png
holiday-gift-pink.png
holiday-gift-orange.png

Each of these presents will turn into a new and unique holiday collectible when the event ends.

We're Supporting These Causes!

This year, The Bell Tree will be donating to multiple charities and the amount will increase with each gift you send in the event. Read the event's thread linked above for more details. We'll post the amount pledged to these charities each day. If you'd like to help and want your amount to be included in the daily totals, forward your donation confirmation email to tbt@belltreeforums.com and we'll add it to the amount donated by the community.

The five charities we are supporting through this event are:
Save the Children - Humanitarian Aid / Children - https://www.savethechildren.org
Equal Justice Initiative - Civil Rights - https://eji.org
The Trevor Project - LGBTQ / Suicide Prevention - https://www.thetrevorproject.org
Active Minds - Mental Health - https://www.activeminds.org
RedRover - Animal Welfare - https://redrover.org

New Holiday Backdrops!

We are also now selling brand new winter and Christmas themed backdrops in the shop!

Winter's Embrace, Snow Blossoms, Magic in the Sky

backdrop-winters-embrace.png
backdrop-snow-blossoms.png
backdrop-magic-in-the-sky.png

These festive backdrops appear behind your user information that's displayed with each of your posts and works in both desktop and mobile modes. Thanks to dizzy bone for designing them! Each one is temporary and costs 125 bells. They will all be removed on January 14th, no matter when they were purchased.

Last Year's Holiday Collectibles Are Now Giftable!

The Yule Log, Aurora Sky, and Snow Bunny collectibles are now giftable, so feel free to trade them!

329.jpg
330.jpg
332.jpg

Have fun and happy holidays!

Last edited:
Thank you so much for this fun set of events. I love giving gifts, this makes me feel so warm inside. And the charities, yall are just peaches you know!

Yaaay! Happy toy day and holidays, everyone!

Also I so need that aurora collectible from last year haha. Better start saving up my tbt.

I wasn't expecting the charity part, but damn did that warm my heart.

Thank you staff for your hard work! I'm super pumped to participate this year. Just like the fair, I'm unsure where to start haha.

IM SO EXCITED AHHH i cant wait to see what the new collectibles are

yayyy it’s finally here!! tbt’s winter theme + the new backgrounds are so pretty and i love the charity element!! looking forward to participating and getting to send gifts to my lovely friends. ❤

thank you, staff, for all that you do from us. i can imagine that this year hasn’t been too kind to you guys, either, and so i really appreciate all of these amazing events that you’ve planned for us. it’s really helped a lot during these stressful times. <3

I wasn't expecting the charity part, but damn did that warm my heart.

Thank you staff for your hard work! I'm super pumped to participate this year. Just like the fair, I'm unsure where to start haha.
Same, i was blown away! It's just such a warm, fuzzy, festive, giving spirit! Which i love!

These festive backdrops appear behind your user information that's displayed with each of your posts and works in both desktop and mobile modes. Thanks to dizzy bone for designing them! Each one is temporary and costs 125 bells. They will all be removed on January 14th, no matter when they were purchased.

are the backdrops available rn?

also, I love the throw back to 2015's Christmas! that was a super special event to me, I can't wait to see what this becomes for everyone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back