• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Opinion on people begging Nintendo for more custom design slots

AkiddoRBTwentySix

We are The Prodigy.
Bells
Switch
2950-7468-8691
User Title Color Change (Seashells)
Tasty Cake
So, I saw a reply on Nintendo telling them they want more custom design slots.

To me, I find it completely dumb. Why would someone ever beg Nintendo for more custom design slots?

Before any of you yelling at me for disagreeing, I never played New Horizons and I mostly play older games (PG, WW, and NL).

In Population Growing, Wild World, and City Folk, there are only eight slots.

And in New Leaf, there are ten.

Usually in New Leaf whenever they ran out of custom design slots being used, they make a placeholder human player for one purpose: More design slots. And that totally is a waste of time.

Not only that, if Nintendo DID gave you more custom design slots, like say, 200-600ish, chances are, you're probably looking for that one design you made or have, and wasted some time. Heck, you can't even search in an entire pool of designs that you made or scanned.

One even made a petition of unlimited custom design slots, which is physically impossible. There's gonna be a limitation of some kind anyway, like, say, using Google Drive or MediaFire. Even though the space is real big, there's gotta be limits.

And in New Horizons, you don't even have to create another human islander for more custom designs, because each human islander is given 50 custom design slots. That is five times the custom design slots you could only have in New Leaf, so there is no such need to waste time to make an entirely new player and get more designs.

Now, I understand you wanted to use custom designs just to make your island stand out of the crowd, but they did gave you a built-in path feature, so use it, because using the built-in path feature will conserve more design slots, and you don't need to use the custom design paths, because some paths are seperated into different parts, which will take up too much space.

So, in short, begging Nintendo for extra custom design slots is pretty dumb because it can waste time and space.

Overall, even though I didn't play New Horizons, I think 50 is a good number, and it does actually saves time from the embarassment of making another player for the sake of custom design slots.

So remember that if you're complaining about the custom design space, be grateful that you're given 50 design slots, which is a lot more than just eight.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

I feel the same way with storage. 1600 is a lot, and on top of that, you can get an additional 1600 per character. Also, having somethings stack helps minimize usage. New Leaf only offered about 1/3 of this.

I won't yell but I disagree lol

I really wanted more custom design slots. I use every single one available in my island and wish I had more space for a path I like that won't work as a custom path. Somewhere like 100 would be great. It's not dumb, there are so many new possibilities in New Horizons, and since you haven't played I'm not sure you understand. But I haven't gone begging for Nintendo or anyone

As for the storage I only used 600 so I don't really need more

I think there should be more custom design slots just because a lot of the cool designs like a deck take up to 10-12 slots just to complete. Plus the design community is always growing and creating more things so why not give people more slots to download and show off their hard work.

Last edited:
Because didn't Happy Home Designer have 100 pattern slots, and another 100 storage slots, or something like that?

Don't forget the pattern storage itself is completely gone now unless you have online. Giving us more slots baseline is the least they could do.

There's no reason not to raise it, if lots of people want double the amount who'd be hurt by it?
Post automatically merged:

Also, the game has no problem giving you 200 patterns from Sable.

Last edited:
There's no reason not to raise it, if lots of people want double the amount who'd be hurt by it?
Post automatically merged:

Also, the game has no problem giving you 200 patterns from Sable.
200? At the kiosk, right?

I won't yell, but it's you calling us dumb for asking this haha I had to give up on so many projects I had in mind cause they each took 12/14 spaces! If a game can be improved or has some issues why not point them out (of course always in a polite way!!), it's not like if in the past everything was in a certain way it has to remain the same :giggle:

I'm laughing BC if this was twitter I'm pretty sure this was my post.

I certainly won't yell but I don't understand why anyone would oppose more slots, personally? You may find it dumb but a lot of us have a lot of ideas. I'm sure Nintendo is surprised by the way some people are using the furniture and designs to make things and never thought we'd run out!

There's also a lot more to customize and place outside than New Leaf. there's so many adorable designs out there I want to use and decorate with. My purpose for wanting more /basic/ custom design slots isn't even for paths, because they don't click clack! I understand I used up some of mine to make a temple and that's out of the ordinary, but there's a lot more I want to put down, like signs and simple panel designs, etc. It's not even for the sake of showing off or standing out, purely my own aesthetic.

I'd even compromise and say let me put basic slots in the Pro design slots. I'm not going to use **that much** on fashion. I want to have pretty panels and floor decorations. I wouldn't be asking for more slots if all human characters didn't share them, either.

Not trying to convince you, just offer my side of things.

i don't think this issue should be compared to what we had in past games. NH is a game that is focused on creative freedom in building your town, which is very different from the past games. i think it'd be appropriate to give us more design slots seeing that customizing a town is a central feature of the game

Back