• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Oh NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! It's KLAUS! ARGHHHHH!!! Do I have to keep him and if so when can I evict him?

RosasMom

Bells
So, this is my first time player Animal Crossing on any platform, but have been watching my daughter play and got interested enough to start my own island. I've been eagerly awaiting my first smug and would have been content with most any of them except for a few, including Klaus. So naturally, who do I see when I walk into the tent? Klaus! What the heck??? I have read that you can't undo it or reset it or anything.

Am I correct in assuming that if I don't invite him, he will not go away but will remain in the tent forever and the game won't progress to let me have other villagers? If I have to let him in, how soon can I do the time travel thing to evict him? Or, how quickly can I fill up the other slots so that eventually an 11th invited villager (possibly via amiibo) will push him out?

Thanks!

I'll take him if you dont want him lol, I love the Julius Ceasar bear

But yes, you have to invite him. If he's the first campsite villager, you have to invite him for the game to progress

Once you unlock the amiibo part you can. I believe its when Residents Service's is upgraded.

I'll take him if you dont want him lol, I love the Julius Ceasar bear

But yes, you have to invite him. If he's the first campsite villager, you have to invite him for the game to progress

Once you unlock the amiibo part you can. I believe its when Residents Service's is upgraded.
He's yours as soon as I can evict him. LOL
I upgraded resident services, which I think is what triggered the building of the campsite. Not sure what will trigger allowing amiibos and/or new villager invitations. I guess I'll go and invite him in since I have no choice anyway. Might as well get this process moving asap!

Ugh! Literally MOST of the smugs I would have been okay with. There are only a FEW that I really, really don't like, and he is one of them. I'm glad that each villager has its fans though. I know I like several that others consider unattractive or undesirable. We're all different, right? :)

Klaus was my first starter campsite visitor when I restarted my 2nd island, but he's kinda grown on me since I changed up his home interior to where its no longer a bathroom. Really sorry you got him, sometimes its bad RNG when you get the worst type of villagers. I would say kick him out using an amiibo villager card, but you need to have all 10 villagers in order for that to work.

He's yours as soon as I can evict him. LOL
I upgraded resident services, which I think is what triggered the building of the campsite. Not sure what will trigger allowing amiibos and/or new villager invitations. I guess I'll go and invite him in since I have no choice anyway. Might as well get this process moving asap!

Ugh! Literally MOST of the smugs I would have been okay with. There are only a FEW that I really, really don't like, and he is one of them. I'm glad that each villager has its fans though. I know I like several that others consider unattractive or undesirable. We're all different, right? :)
Im not sure if I have my subscription sadky. But yeah, im a fan of pretty much all of the smugs :)

I know how you feel. My first camper was Colton, just ewww! He is so conceited and a jerk. I kicked him the minute he asked to leave. But then fortune smiled on me and my next camper was Raymond and he’s awesome! He’s still on my island and I have no intention of letting him go. He’s adorable

Klaus was my first starter campsite visitor when I restarted my 2nd island, but he's kinda grown on me since I changed up his home interior to where its no longer a bathroom. Really sorry you got him, sometimes its bad RNG when you get the worst type of villagers. I would say kick him out using an amiibo villager card, but you need to have all 10 villagers in order for that to work.
Yeah, the bathroom thing is REALLY not to my taste. It's funny how the luck of the draw works out. Oh well. Can't wait to see who else I'll end up with.

Yeah, the bathroom thing is REALLY not to my taste. It's funny how the luck of the draw works out. Oh well. Can't wait to see who else I'll end up with.
Yeah it sucks. No matter what if you tried to ignore Klaus then the game would just bring him back so you have no choice but to accept him.

I know how you feel. My first camper was Colton, just ewww! He is so conceited and a jerk. I kicked him the minute he asked to leave. But then fortune smiled on me and my next camper was Raymond and he’s awesome! He’s still on my island and I have no intention of letting him go. He’s adorable
I don't love the horses but I don't know anything about Colton, so I was open to him. If he's a jerk, I'm glad I didn't get him. I was kind of hoping for Ken or Lionel tbh, but like I said, open to most.

I don't love the horses but I don't know anything about Colton, so I was open to him. If he's a jerk, I'm glad I didn't get him. I was kind of hoping for Ken or Lionel tbh, but like I said, open to most.
Shep is also awesome as well as cute. i think ill be moving him in next as i have his amiibo card

if you want me to go over to your island a beat him up daily with my bug net it would be my honor to do so LOL!
kidding *snicker* ;)

I had Santa Klaus over the holidays, it was perfect timing. I like the non-vanilla villagers.

Back