• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Splatoon Next Big Update Coming on August 6, Urchin Underpass Getting a Remodel

Eh...........

happy that the update is in early august, i thought that it'd be mid-late august.
but other than that, i really like urchin underpass, and is my fav map up with kelp dome. i'm worrying they'll change it too.

Eh...........

happy that the update is in early august, i thought that it'd be mid-late august.
but other than that, i really like urchin underpass, and is my fav map up with kelp dome. i'm worrying they'll change it too.

But it doesnt matter cuz u stoped playing so yuh

But I like Urchin Underpass : - :

I'll wait till I see the remodel though. I might end up liking it more.

everything in the update:

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/201...r-update-releasing-on-6th-August-1037221.html

plus theres going to be an ika musume ( squid girl, yknow ) coming too, i believe

"With this robust new update also comes an increased level cap in both Regular Battle and Ranked Battle modes. After downloading the software update, players will be able to reach level 50 (raised from level 20) and rank S and S+ in Ranked Battle (both higher than A+)."

................why dont they just make it unlimited

Jakey boy, es 30 moar levels. Es better than nothing and you wanted the cap raised. Stahp being pessimistic :C

- - - Post Merge - - -

On another note

In Squad Battle, players can participate in Ranked Battle rule sets with friends, rather than being teamed up with other players through a random selection. After a player creates a squad, friends can be recruited to form a team of two to four Inklings. Friends will always play together on the same team and battle against other squads at random.

10 days and me, antlers, azza and (random tbt player) can destroy people on ranked >:}

Jakey boy, es 30 moar levels. Es better than nothing and you wanted the cap raised. Stahp being pessimistic :C

- - - Post Merge - - -

On another note

In Squad Battle, players can participate in Ranked Battle rule sets with friends, rather than being teamed up with other players through a random selection. After a player creates a squad, friends can be recruited to form a team of two to four Inklings. Friends will always play together on the same team and battle against other squads at random.

10 days and me, antlers, azza and (random tbt player) can destroy people on ranked >:}

I'm actually really excited for the squad battle mode, I'd play more of ranked now but I can't play with friends so this new feature will be great for me! Also I mant more beanie/bobble hats.

I haven't read the entire thing but if Squad Battles are the only thing we're getting in regards to match making, so long the idea of tournaments. :(

Last edited:
I haven't read the entire thing but if Squad Battles are the only thing we're getting in regards to match making, so long the idea of tournaments. :(

You can have a friends only mode, you can have the option of a 4v4 so the tournament idea may still work if you can choose the team you're on/if it's not randomized between the 8 players. Hopefully it'll be manageable in some way!

"Ranked battle rule sets with friends" not sure if this means you can get a separate rank for private ranked battles, or you don't get a rank at all, but just able to play the ranked modes with friends.

Either way, can't wait but I don't think I'll rush to get to 50, unless there's some kind of weapon that I like that gets unlocked on a certain level.

I'm really excited for the update! (But a tiiiiiny bit bummed that they won't be offering new "hairstyles" for the squid kids. I still have hopes that may happen in the future. There's so many fun things you could do with those tentacles in creating an equivalent to hair!)

Private battles is what I'm really, really looking forward to. I love to stream Splatoon with friends, but sometimes it takes a half hour or longer before all of us can even play in a match together online. This is going to solve that issue and I'm really pumped that the update is coming sooner in August then I would have thought!

The new gear and upped level cap sound quite exciting, too. And it'll be interesting to see which stages are going to get makeovers! (Urchin Underpants was never a favorite of mine, so maybe they'll make it a bit more fresh. And staaaayyy fressssh! Haha.)

Hooray incoming bucket!
I'm surprised they're not lumping a stage in with it though, and it doesn't seem like 3 stage rotation will be up then either. D:

And is the update on the Wednesday for US? Splatoonus says UU will be down until the 5th, and the euro announcement says the release is the 6th (but we get releases at 3am.) So it should be next weds night right?

EDIT: Also, why is UU down from the 2nd? If it was a problem with the stage it'd be down immediately. Though I guess that means we'll probably have something/weapons released the 2nd when it goes down. - Also the image provided isn't the layout it is currently. o: I just looked closer. Looks like the blueprint tells us the new layout too.

Last edited:

I am 100% down for destroying people on ranked if I can join you three.
I'll probably play a lot more with the new level cap, 30 more levels is quite a bit, hopefully it wont take me too long to reach 50. New gear is great, and I really want a Gatling gun.

It's great that the update is coming soon, I wasn't expecting it this early! I can't wait for it to happen now! c:
Urchin Underpass is one of my favourite maps but apparently people don't like it because trapping the other team at their spawn is too easy. Hopefully the update to the map fixes it making it more enjoyable.

Level 50, woah! It'll take a really long time to get up that high! I wonder, will some weapons be locked behind higher levels or is it just an experience kind of thing? I do agree that level 20 is a level cap that is too low though.

And S rank, just another letter I'll never see. ;-;
I keep jumping between B- and B, aww.

- - - Post Merge - - -

On another note

I wanna join! Im super pumped for this update though. Just what Ive been waiting for.

Last edited:
Back