New to the Forums!

Virga

3DS Enthusiast
Bells
Arcade Tokens
Pear (Fruit)
Tasty Cake
Hello everyone! I'm Virga and although I'm new here I've been playing Animal Crossing New Leaf since December 2013 and New Horizons since launch.
I've lurked in these forums a few times over the years and finally decided to make an account to interact with people before New Leaf can go offline LOL.
I have about 1,000 hours in New Leaf and New Horizons and started a second New Leaf town last year. I have a group of 4 that I play New Leaf with on the weekends from time to time.
Looking forward to trading and talking with you all!

Welcome to the forums Virga! 🌟

Do you have a favourite out of New Leaf and New Horizons? What about a favourite villager? 😊

Hi Virga, welcome to TBT! c: I'm glad you decided to join up, and I hope you'll have a lot of fun on here! How're your towns/island going so far?

Hi there! Lots of people will help you out here to get you villagers/items you want for New Leaf. They can also help you with shop upgrades, bells, hanging out, etc. I also love the 3ds and New Leaf. Look forward to seeing you around the forums.

Hi, welcome!
It's been a while since I've turned on New Leaf, I really should start fresh and see where it gets me. :3

Welcome to the forums Virga! 🌟

Do you have a favourite out of New Leaf and New Horizons? What about a favourite villager? 😊
Thank you! I think I'm biased towards New Leaf even though I love the daily nook points challenges in New Horizons. Favorite villager is probably Al, even though Lobo and Julian are really up there for me too.
Post automatically merged:

Hi Virga, welcome to TBT! c: I'm glad you decided to join up, and I hope you'll have a lot of fun on here! How're your towns/island going so far?
Thank you, Merielle! <3
My towns are going alright! Making slow progress in both of them - growing hybrids in my first New Leaf town and just paid off my final home loan in my second town :cool: My island definitely needs much more work but I have a checklist that I'm working on as soon as my final exams are over!

Last edited:
Thank you, Merielle! <3
My towns are going alright! Making slow progress in both of them - growing hybrids in my first New Leaf town and just paid off my final home loan in my second town :cool: My island definitely needs much more work but I have a checklist that I'm working on as soon as my final exams are over!
Nice! I'll be sending you good luck with your hybrids and your finals—you've got this! 🍀

Thank you! I think I'm biased towards New Leaf even though I love the daily nook points challenges in New Horizons. Favorite villager is probably Al, even though Lobo and Julian are really up there for me too.
Post automatically merged:

Thank you, Merielle! <3

Al is adorable! I have a soft spot for gorilla villagers. 💖 My favourite gorilla is Louie, because he was my starter jock villager on my NH island, and two years later, he is still here! 😊💖

Al is adorable! I have a soft spot for gorilla villagers. 💖 My favourite gorilla is Louie, because he was my starter jock villager on my NH island, and two years later, he is still here! 😊💖
Awwwww! Gorilla fans unite!!! 😤 I haven't had the heart to let any of my original NH villagers move... even though I know their rooms would look a lot better if I had them move out and back in. I just keep giving them furniture items to try to keep their rooms looking nice LOL

hey, virga! welcome to tbt! i hope you’re enjoying being here so far. ^~^ 🧡

it’s super cool that you’ve been playing new leaf for so long! i stopped somewhere around 2016-2017, but i’ve actually been thinking of picking a copy up again! i’m not sure if i’ll do it before the servers shut down, but i’m sure i’d have plenty of fun regardless! it’s a great game. :) i’ve been playing new horizons since launch as well! do your towns/island have any particular theme, or do you just decorate them however you want?

it’s honestly really nice to hear that al’s your favourite villager! he’s uh, lowkey the only villager i actively hate don’t hate me LOL, but it’s still really nice to see some love for him! lobo and julian are super cool villagers, too! lobo is actually my favourite cranky wolf; i just love his design, and how sad + gentle he looks compared to the others (though fang definitely looks pretty gentle himself!). <33

hey, virga! welcome to tbt! i hope you’re enjoying being here so far. ^~^ 🧡

it’s super cool that you’ve been playing new leaf for so long! i stopped somewhere around 2016-2017, but i’ve actually been thinking of picking a copy up again! i’m not sure if i’ll do it before the servers shut down, but i’m sure i’d have plenty of fun regardless! it’s a great game. :) i’ve been playing new horizons since launch as well! do your towns/island have any particular theme, or do you just decorate them however you want?

it’s honestly really nice to hear that al’s your favourite villager! he’s uh, lowkey the only villager i actively hate don’t hate me LOL, but it’s still really nice to see some love for him! lobo and julian are super cool villagers, too! lobo is actually my favourite cranky wolf; i just love his design, and how sad + gentle he looks compared to the others (though fang definitely looks pretty gentle himself!). <33
Nice to meet you, Xara! I'm loving it here so far!

I actually got a 2ds and New Leaf for one of my friends a few months ago because I didn't want her to miss out on the wi-fi stuff before the servers shut down one day -- I'm surprised at how decent the price was for a copy! For some reason I thought it'd be harder/more expensive to find a quality copy of New Leaf.

My towns and island seem to start with a theme and then I go off-script a little bit. My first New Leaf town I just wanted to fill up with hybrid flowers and cool public works projects. My second town has all the Sanrio villagers and somewhat of a Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum theme. My island was supposed to have a mix of "on the moon!" and tons of flower fields but ended up having all sorts of extra cafe furniture, confetti machines, and balloons LOL. Sometimes I wish I could stick to themes better but it's fun seeing where things go!

My friends actually hate Al too 😂 But I had him in my New Leaf town for a while YEARS ago -- and then when New Horizons launched, he was one of the first villagers I found on the Nook Miles Ticket islands (along with Norma and Bluebear)! It felt like a "if you love something, set it free" type of thing 😂 I really need to dig up this one pic I took of him where he was blocking me from a tarantula and looked like he was protecting me - he's been 10/10 in my opinion since then!!!! ...Or I might love lazy villagers in general

Nice to meet you, Xara! I'm loving it here so far!

I actually got a 2ds and New Leaf for one of my friends a few months ago because I didn't want her to miss out on the wi-fi stuff before the servers shut down one day -- I'm surprised at how decent the price was for a copy! For some reason I thought it'd be harder/more expensive to find a quality copy of New Leaf.

My towns and island seem to start with a theme and then I go off-script a little bit. My first New Leaf town I just wanted to fill up with hybrid flowers and cool public works projects. My second town has all the Sanrio villagers and somewhat of a Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum theme. My island was supposed to have a mix of "on the moon!" and tons of flower fields but ended up having all sorts of extra cafe furniture, confetti machines, and balloons LOL. Sometimes I wish I could stick to themes better but it's fun seeing where things go!

My friends actually hate Al too 😂 But I had him in my New Leaf town for a while YEARS ago -- and then when New Horizons launched, he was one of the first villagers I found on the Nook Miles Ticket islands (along with Norma and Bluebear)! It felt like a "if you love something, set it free" type of thing 😂 I really need to dig up this one pic I took of him where he was blocking me from a tarantula and looked like he was protecting me - he's been 10/10 in my opinion since then!!!! ...Or I might love lazy villagers in general
yeah, i’d imagine new leaf is much cheaper nowadays than it was when it first came out! i don’t go to stores that sell video games very often, so i don’t know if anyone is still selling copies in-stores, but i can always buy it online if need be!

man, your al was a lot nicer than mine LOL. mine moved into my new leaf town, squashed a bunch of hybrids with his house, and then refused to move out for months (even with a bunch of time traveling). 🤣 i love lazy villagers, too, though! they’re my second favourite personality next to normal. :)

Back