• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo Update General Discussion

Are there any cards that are rarer than others? I was looking at those multiple choice eBay auctions for the ten cards I need, and at least one of them had the asking price of $30 for a particular card. That's nuts.

Last edited:
I got 5 packs of them! Only 1 duplicate. Here's what I got

Hopkins
June
Pablo
Stella
Tybalt
Boris
Wade
Carrie
Rex
Stu
Jacob
Maddie
Billy
Boyd
Bitty
Plucky x2
Sandy
Julia
Admiral
Ellie
Boots
Leopold
Cashmere
Tad
Norma
Snooty
Olive
Buzz
Cleo

I have Boots, Murphy, Leopold, Bitty, and Cashmere on their way to me from trades. Once they arrive my set is complete :)

So, they just released an update for New Leaf... :)

Not sure what they mean by enhancements, though.

Only Murphy left to comolete this and he's in the mail. Did 2 trades for him just to ensure I'll get him :p Woohoo!

I moved Kyle in today. It feels good to be back in my town and doing work on it after a while! I really did put a ton in already so it's also good to play in a town that feels comfortable for me as a designer.

It's good and bad.

Bad that it's made villager cycling redundant, but good because you can move anyone in, any number of times.

I moved Ankha in twice a few weeks ago, because I wasn't happy with her location after a while, so moved her out, then back in again.

The bad thing is that I don't know how to incorporate all the villagers that I really like into my towns. Like Piper needs to go into my favorites town but I like all the villagers that are ok there currently.

I asked the following question, as a thread, but it kind of sank to the second page, so I thought I'd try this thread:

I was looking into switching to the digital version, so it would always be on my 3DS, but I noticed that the game's info in the eShop now has a new icon and title (it has "Welcome Amiibo" as part of it). Would anybody be able to confirm if the Save Data Transfer Tool still works with ACNL?

I asked the following question, as a thread, but it kind of sank to the second page, so I thought I'd try this thread:

Since both the original Animal Crossing: New Leaf (the icon with white leaf on a green background) and Welcome amiibo versions are considered as entirely separate titles, the Save Data Transfer Tool wouldn't let you carry your physical ACNL save data to the digital Welcome amiibo version.

You would have to download the original version on eShop in order to get the transfer working, but it's no longer possible to do so due of it being entirely replaced by the Welcome amiibo one.

Back