• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo Update General Discussion

Yes. I don't know what you know, so keep in mind that you need an NFC reader if you have anything other than a New 3DS/New 3DS XL/New 2DS (if that last is a thing).

I bought three packs with no duplicates! :D I wanted Vivian and Dobie. I got Vivian. Plus, Ike, who looks to have furniture I need. Now, I want Dobes and Ketchup!

So you can only scan one a day via Wisp right ?
I was under impression you could scan multiple

Yes, only once a day. I don't feel like time-traveling, so I'm stuck with Mabel today and can't use my new cards.

Yes, only once a day. I don't feel like time-traveling, so I'm stuck with Mabel today and can't use my new cards.

I got Dobie in one of my packs today. That grandpa wolf is my new cranky. Love it!

Does anyone know if the Legend of Zelda Wind Waker toon link & Zelda still work with the update or does it have to be the super smash bros amiibos specifically?

How do you know if you can sell your town? I want to do it but I'm scared that tom nook won't show up and i just delete it by accident D:

Since you can now control where the villagers move with patterns on the floor.. I was wondering how many spaces you have to leave free so a villager can move into the space? 5x5? 3x3?

Does anyone know if the Legend of Zelda Wind Waker toon link & Zelda still work with the update or does it have to be the super smash bros amiibos specifically?

They work! I'm not sure what those ones do (Maybe Medli still?) but I have the OTT Link and it gave me Epona :D

If I make a new town now that they've updated, does it show where the campsite goes on the map selection screen?

I got my first three packs of cards yesterday!

Here's who I got:
Vivian
Hopkins
Paolo x2
Boris
Carrie
Jacob
Maggie
Sandy
Claude
Louie x2
Boots