• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo Update General Discussion

I'm scared our hopes are too high for this update. :( I don't want to be disappointed :/

Last edited:
Just to summarize:

Tap amiibo™ cards to invite the pictured character for a visit at your new campsite

Tap select non-Animal Crossing™ amiibo™ figures to access new items themed to those characters
(This explains the squid sister stuff)

Still no news on special character though.

Just to summarize:

Tap amiibo™ cards to invite the pictured character for a visit at your new campsite

Tap select non-Animal Crossing™ amiibo™ figures to access new items themed to those characters
(This explains the squid sister stuff)

Still no news on special character though.

this might have been discussed earlier in the thread, but "new" campsite? will there be another campsite we will have to build for this? or will we have to switch out the old campsite for the new one if we want to use the amiibo functionality?

I think it would be awesome if the update included new dialogue for existing villagers.

Excited if they added more villagers/character in general, either from old game or all new.

I don't think anyone knows if the campsite will be new or if it will be integrated to the main street or current campsite.

WAIT- WHAT?! Do they actually move in, PERMANENTLY?!

A-and you can plot reset them?? AAAAAAAAAAAHHHH I CAN HAVE MY DREAMIES IN A CARD AND IN GAME THIS IS AMAZING!

- - - Post Merge - - -

MY ANUS IS READY.

I collect the cards so I legit am SO pumped for this!! It'll make finding dreamies extremely easy!! Bless Nintendo! <3

LMAO I CANT

If I can get the Amiibo cards for all of my current villagers in Balamb, then I can FINALLY reset with confidence and get a good map!

So excited for this!!!

I'm more than excited for an update so I may use my reader and cards. Love to see more functionality for an already established game with fan are than releasing more and more new games. I wish I could change my skin tone over all, just as in Happy Home Designer. Probably won't happen though, but I'm hopeful. So many possibilities with updates.

Which ones?

There was Consent, Apologize, Amazed, Explain, Girl's Pose, and Boy's Pose (which is the one in my sig with Chief and Fang). They were all so cute and I really wish they were in ACNL 'cause I would totally use them all the time with friends lol

Complete was another one, which was a little jump thing you did when you finished designing a home. Can't see why it would be put into ACNL though. There was also Lottie's "All Set" Pose but I would think that one would be game-exclusive since... y'know. Unless Lottie makes it into ACNL with the update??

One thing to note is that they changed the way some of the emotions look. For example, the stars in the Flourish and Showmanship emotions were changed from yellow/blue stars to colorful spinning stars. Would be worth updating things like that too.

Last edited:
• Animal Crossing Update •

Hello Everyone!
I just stumbled upon some news about a new Animal Crossing New Leaf Update that will actually feature Amiibo cards! Im so excited and really looking forward to these new features.
Here is the announcement:

Expand your Animal Crossing? horizons with a free update, coming this fall! Once installed, all Animal Crossing amiibo? figures and cards will be compatible with the game. Tap your favorite villagers? amiibo cards to invite them to come visit your town. You can also tap select amiibo from other series to get new furniture themed to those characters!
? Tap amiibo? cards to invite the pictured character for a visit at your new campsite
? Tap select non-Animal Crossing? amiibo? figures to access new items themed to those characters

What are your thoughts on this update? What kind of amiibos would you like to see or what items would you want to see unlocked by amiibos? Or any features you'd love to see. I kinda want to see some plush amiibos and some more special items! :) more red items as well. Maybe even some old Animal Crossing Characters that didn't make it in game or new animal crossing characters to enter the New Leaf game as limited editions since they would only be able to move in via amiibos.. I would also LOVE to see sets of cards for new sets of customizable furniture!! That would be amazing. I really want red furniture and there is barely any in the game so id love a red set of furniture unlocked by Amiibo card set. It would also be awesome if they added wing accessories or new handheld items with the amiibos! Id be awesome if they would add in items such as instruments to play, like how you can in achhd play the maracas or tambourine sometimes , or if they released a ocarina or Zelda's harp i would be amazed. :)

I, personally, think that Amiibos are a waste of money. But, then again, they're sort of like the e-cards for the GBA and Gamecube. I don't know; I have had a Wii U since March of 2013 and I don't have any amiibos, even though I have games that are compatible like NES Remix and Mario Kart 8.

I heard you mention something about using Amiibo cards to have villagers move into your town that haven't actually appeared in New Leaf yet. I think that this would actually be pretty awesome. My top two favorite villagers, Leopold and Meow, and some others like Stella, Hornsby, Bea, Paolo, and Twirp were only available prior to Animal Forest E+. As a matter of fact, Meow was only available in AF E+. If they made an Amiibo card for Meow, I would die for it. The only thing is, would these villagers not be able to move to other towns? They would probably only move to someone's town if they scanned the card with that particular villager on it.

With this update, they should let people choose where villagers move in. I think that sometimes, plot reseting can be a long, difficult process, especially when you want the villager to move into a *specific* spot. Idk, they probably won't do it.

Also, with the villagers, if they released a plush amiibo for every one, I would end up splurging all my money on plushies of my favorite villagers. ^^"

I've heard of this before and tbh I think that Amiibo cards are a waste of money and probably won't be getting them. I'm just waiting for the furniture.

While it would be lovely to collect the cards of my dreamies, I don't have the money. Excited for the new furniture, about time we got an update.

Are they going to add furniture from HHD into ACNL? I really hope :c I have my dreamies so I don't have a use to use my amiibos

Back