White Pansy
White Pansy
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Rose
Purple Violet
White Lily
We hope you have all been enjoying the latest update for New Horizons that came out last night. Tonight we have a few updates of our own to share on The Bell Tree.

New Horizons Profile Fields
Under your account details you'll now find new fields for your New Horizons information. We've also cleaned up a few older fields such as City Folk information.

Island Journals
The brand new board, Island Journals, is our long-awaited island profile and blogging board for New Horizons. Create a profile with your island's information, map, villagers, or anything else you want to display. You can also use the thread as your own game blog as your continue to work on your island. You'll find Island Journals as a sub-forum under the main Animal Crossing: New Horizons board.

When making your island thread, be sure to fill out the predetermined details to help keep things organized for potential visitors. This includes fields like native fruit, native flower, and more to come in the future.

1587697375091.png

Once your thread is created, you can also link to it in your information to the left of your posts. Simply go to your account details and fill out the new profile fields for your New Horizons Island Name and Island Thread ID. Then it will show under your username like this:

1587697297210.png

As far as the rest of your thread's content goes, be as creative as you want! Some staff members have already made their own threads as examples and we're interested to see what you'll all come up with.

Able Sisters Reorganization
We broke the New Horizons patterns into two boards: Able Sisters and Pattern Gallery. Able Sisters is now the central board for pattern trading, requests, and discussion. Pattern Gallery is a sub-forum of Able Sisters and will contain the actual patterns for New Horizons. We've added new thread fields here for pattern source, creator ID, and design ID.

1587697648735.png

Animal Crossing: New Horizons Boards Clarity
One of our biggest areas of moderating over the last few weeks has been moving threads to the correct boards, so we want to help clarify the purpose of each one. Here is a list that helps describe the organization and breakdown of the boards in the New Horizons category:
We will try adding a few things to help newer members understand where threads should go over the next few days. For example, notices in each board or temporary parenthesis after each board name like the Airport currently has. Please let us know your thoughts in regards to how we have organized these boards and described their purposes, or if you think anything needs to be clarified better.

That's All!
Thanks for reading these updates and we look forward to seeing how creative all of you will be in both your island and pattern threads!

Yay, a new journal board! I might actually consider using it, not so much for blogging daily but maybe just so show off some cool stuff in my town that I especially like :blush:

Thank you staff for everything you're doing to make this forum a fun place to be! <3

very excited to see the debut of island journals! i look forward to utilizing them and reading others' journals as well :lemon:

Last edited:
i likely won’t make my own thread but i’m glad to finally have my nh name and island in my bio :3

ohhh, idk if I'll use this, but nice to see a pseudo-blog feature's been added

(though might I ask why dodo business class isn't a subforum of the airlines if the only difference is free vs fee? that's the only major recently added thing I have problems with, tbh. mainly for how long the main index is already)
Post automatically merged:

oh, also, since I can see the "blogs" being used for minor things such as screencap image dump posts, if not otherwise stated to be in violation, might I ask how the post quality rules on that board will be applied?

Last edited:
These are some nice updates. Thank you kindly, staff!
One question: would you ever consider increasing the letter limit for the island name from 10? I barely can’t type my island name in the bio because it has 11 letters. ^^; Never mind, I’m a dummy ahaha.

Last edited:
These are some nice updates. Thank you kindly, staff!
One question: would you ever consider increasing the letter limit for the island name from 10? I barely can’t type my island name in the bio because it has 11 letters. ^^;
Island names have a ten-letter limit in the actual game.

Aw I love the journals! I like that you can set one up as an info hub without actually having to make it a regular blog. Super cool feature!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back