• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

[NA & EU] If you can't change your SSID, use a Smartphone to get BESTBUY items.

I would of thought it would work fine. But you'll obviously be charged for data usage. It takes about 100kB to download an item.
With mostly monthly contracts, you get a data allowance free of charge.

On pay as you go, you dont get the option to set up a personal hotspot from what I've found anyway. I've looked around in all the settings, and its just not there. I also dont have enough (or any) people who need to contact me all the time (or ever sadly...) to prompt me into switching on to a contract.
Unless there is a way to enable personal hotspots on a pay as you go iphone 5, I'm afraid I'll be stuck heading to a store and hoping their Nintendo Zone works.

if I live in NYC can I just go to Nintendo World to claim my gift .___. I'd rather travel then deal with this fancy shmacny internet connecting stuff D:

if I live in NYC can I just go to Nintendo World to claim my gift .___. I'd rather travel then deal with this fancy shmacny internet connecting stuff D:

Probably. I mean of all places, there should be a Nintendo zone there. It's intended to be something you get when you go to an official Nintendo zone. This stuff with changing the SSID is just a trick :)

Oh, wait a minute... Yours are actually a Best Buy thing. So maybe it's only available at Best Buy. But try Nintendo World, you never know :)

I don't have a smart phone either so. Haha no cool stuff for me. |:

Seriously, Ninteno. Why is it so hard to give us these gifts by letting us just use our 3DS whenever and wherever. If New Leaf were a console like Wii U they wouldn't expect us to take it to a best buy. 9_9 There's not even a Nintendo Zone anywhere near me.

I won't be able to do this and I really want the afternoon tea set. Would anyone be able to get one for me please?! :)

I won't be able to do this and I really want the afternoon tea set. Would anyone be able to get one for me please?! :)

They're not out in England for a few more days, but I'll get you one if you don't mind waiting.

Back