Bug's Art Gallery πŸ’«

so the first of four commissions I'm currently working on is done this was a commission for @/Mars Adept, they asked me to draw Alex from Golden Sun wearing a floaty (bc the shoulder guards/pads look like water wings lol). I made sure to include the funny text I wrote to keep the context.
this is definitely not the kind of thing I usually draw so I may not have done this character justice in my art style πŸ˜… but I still like how it turned out!
alex-wearing-a-floaty.png
LOLLL
This is hilarious! Really love seeing you draw new things in your style! 😁
The shading on the cape and pants looks so amazing! I cannot believe how every new piece of yours looks even more incredible then the last! 😱

finished another drawing, this one took me a loooooong time lol. I decided I wanted to draw each of my ten Animal Crossing OCs standing together! I spent roughly 2-4 hours on each one so you can prob guess how long it took, and I didn't even shade it 😭
AC-Players.png

If anyone is interested, I'll put some details for each character in a spoiler below!
from left to right we have:
- Amelia, who is oddly enough, the only character here who doesn't actually exist in an Animal Crossing game (not to mention, the only girl lol). her age is around the late teens. she's pretty chill, and is best known for being a humanitarian and having a great mount of empathy for others. she also enjoys dressing up and taking long walks.
- Daniel, the mayor of Boston in ACNL. age is also around the late teens, and Amelia is his SO. he's very friendly to everyone and takes pride in his work as mayor. he's also passionate about his flower gardens and fashion sense.
- Marco, a resident of my very first town in AC:GCN. his age is that of an older child or young teen, and he is the youngest in the group. he loves chatting with his neighbors, but he tends to annoy them due to his hyper nature. he's quite fond of catching bugs, especially beetles.
- Duncan, a resident of my second NL town Mobile. his age is in the mid-20s, and he is the oldest in the group. he's super laid-back, so much so that he tends to radiate lazy vibes. favorite pasttime is floating on a raft in the ocean on a hot sunny day, along with his best friend O'Hare.
- Murray, a resident of my current WW town Morrow. his age is that of a young teen. he's also laid-back, and often spends his time simply wandering around and enjoying nature. one of his favorite hobbies is collecting four-leaf clovers (along with other various plants), and his friends consider him to be a lucky individual.
- Kienan, the mayor of my third NL town Woodland. their age is in the mid to late teens, and they are currently my only non-binary animal crossing OC. they live among sheep villagers in a cozy and secluded village. they find comfort in spending chilly days with friends, embracing nature and the weather. they also often carry a book around to study different living specimens in the village.
- Louis, a resident of Boston. his age is in the late teens. he is a gentle soul, and finds peace in tough situations. he's also very quiet and introverted, and spends most of his time alone. his main hobby is excavating and identifying fossils, as he is fascinated with creatures of the past.
- Josh (aka Garlic), a resident of my CF town Gaton. his age is in the early to mid teens. he's very easygoing and easily gets along with almost anyone he meets. he's quite talkative and often acts out dialogues from his favorite movies and plays. he also enjoys cosplaying and wearing costumes. fun fact, his name was Garlic for like 10 years but just recently I got help from @/Shellzilla_515 and decided to give him an actual name 😁
- Taylor, the resident representative of the island Lilycove. his age is in the early to mid-20s. he is very smart, and also snarky and pompous. it is thought that he may be the head of a mafia-like organization. he's often difficult to deal with, but he does have a strong sense of justice and knows right from wrong.
- Tristin, a resident of my second WW town Sunville. his age is in the late teens. he deals with multiple mental health disorders, and has an alter-ego that brings out his chaotic and vengeful side (pictured above). he's extremely difficult to get along with. he spends his days hiding in a dark house, and nights wandering the village aimlessly.

now time to work on my remaining commissions and Secret Santa! this particular piece has been quite fulfilling for me and I think I have more motivation to work now :blush:

I have finished another drawing since the last one, but it's my Secret Santa drawing so I'll post it after the drawings have been distributed later this month :)

I'm working on commissions rn but in the meantime, I have something small to share. I was thinking about drawing Kienan with some of their sheep neighbors, however I decided that the pose they have here is too similar to the one from the last post, so I'm just gonna leave this as a sketch and come up with a different idea. but I figured I could share my sketch anyways!
kienan-and-willow.png

this drawing is where I came to the realization that sheep do not have visible ears in the AC game and I couldn't bring myself to draw Willow without ears lol

finished a commission for @/kiwikenobi last night and needless to say she really loved it :blush: πŸ’™

sacore.png

If I don't get anything done today or tomorrow this will end up being my very last drawing of 2022! I'll have to make a separate post about it a bit later bc I have made quite a few achievements in art this year :)

first drawing of 2023 let's go babeeyyyy
toucatttssss.png

I'm back again drawing one of my favorite--if not my favorite--OCs of mine! I got the idea to draw a baby toucat from @/Shellzilla_515 a while back and I finally decided I wanted to draw one! I also wanted to use color schemes that I haven't used yet for these two, since toucats come in a huge variety of colors 😌 πŸ’•

also may or may not be obsessed w the sparkle brush oops 😳

I really do like your art style. I’ve been eyeing this thread for a good bit. If I had an Instagram, I’d totally follow you, but instead I’m watching this thread. I especially like the colors and shading. Always nice seeing your work!

finished another commission for @/kiwikenobi! this is Kolin, a brave and heroic paratroopa with a totally rad sword 😁 βš”οΈ
kolin-for-kiwikenobi.png

with this I am now done with my current commissions! I'm not quite in a frame of mind to open an art shop, but it may just come soon so keep your eyes open if you're interested! ty all again for your unrelenting support, it means so much to me 😌 πŸ’ž

dang it's been almost a month and a half since I last finished a drawing πŸ˜… I have some WIPs going on and even more ideas I haven't started, but life has been unexpectedly challenging lately so I just haven't gotten around to it.

I'm hoping to get back into drawing regularly, and to start my journey back into it I drew one of my Flight Rising dragons! actually, it's one of my future dragons, I'm working on breeding for him atm and hopefully it won't take too long bc he's such a sweet bab πŸ₯ΊπŸ’•
baby-trans-imperial.png

also for this drawing I decided to go back to a simple cel shading style, I think it works nicely here 😁 for my future drawings though I'll prob stick to the watercolor-like shading I've been doing since I enjoy that quite a bit!

also also lowkey embarrassed that I had such a difficult time drawing his feet jksdfsdfsjk

finished another drawing, this one prob took two ~5 hour sessions and I'm pretty pleased with the result 😌
john-n-his-friendos.png
I actually drew this with a certain context in mind! so the characters featured in this drawing are characters from a story idea I've had for forever. the guy in the middle is John Gladys, he's a zoologist who has a particular fascination with the strange creatures of the world. with him are his animal friends: Comet (a pure white felisiraptor) has been with him for many years--since he began his journey learning about hybrid animals--and the wolfsel had not yet earned his name, simply being referred to by his given species name. John had discovered and named a multitude of creatures in the past, but one had evaded him and the rest of his town for years and years: the toucat. this is a creature of legend, rumored to live in an area of the country where no one dare cross, lest they not make their return. this region is believed to be protected by a fierce dragon of dark matter. but being the courageous and daring explorer he is, John simply would not take that as an answer, and swore to be the first to find the land of the toucats (and perhaps bring one home for research).
here they were walking along a worn path, and John spotted a colorful feather glistening in the afternoon sun. could it be a feather dropped by the elusive toucat? perhaps! he enjoys collecting all kinds of feathers he finds on his travels, so this sparkly gem would be a great fit for his collection. πŸͺΆβœ¨

fun fact: I came up w the idea for John right around the time I first drew the felisiraptor, around 2015-16. but I haven't actually given him any kind of official art until literally right now πŸ˜…

I wanted to draw Petunia again so I drew her holding up Irene, she's basically like "omg look at my babeeyyyy" and Irene is like 😳 haha
look-at-my-bab.png

I actually started this a few weeks ago but put it off a bit bc I thought I was gonna shade it, but I decided against that and I just had to add the stripes on her face πŸ˜„

my friend @Shellzilla_515 made a request forever ago that I draw his OC Pag-asa, and after going through lots of mental health stuff and getting around to drawing consistently again I've finally started and completed it! and because he is a dear friend I drew my boy Sterling with him. they have big friend vibes πŸ˜„
the-broskis.png

I also made a version with a transparent background!
the-broskis-no-bg.png

figured I would share the first commission I've done in over 3 years! this is actually a set of two drawings requested by @/Foreverfox, an easter avatar and signature combo. she requested that I draw her AC character going on an egg hunt on a nice spring day, so with the details she gave I got creative and came up with these! :blush:
easter-avatar-for-Lori.png

I had some intuition and decided to draw the kitty plush in the avatar, which was a good call!

she also asked me to draw Ione in the signature pic, I've never drawn her before but I love her outer space vibes so she was fun to draw 😌✨
easter-signature-for-Lori.png

can you spot all the hidden eggies in this drawing? πŸ‘€πŸ₯šπŸ’•

figured I would share the first commission I've done in over 3 years! this is actually a set of two drawings requested by @/Foreverfox, an easter avatar and signature combo. she requested that I draw her AC character going on an egg hunt on a nice spring day, so with the details she gave I got creative and came up with these! :blush:
easter-avatar-for-Lori.png

I had some intuition and decided to draw the kitty plush in the avatar, which was a good call!

she also asked me to draw Ione in the signature pic, I've never drawn her before but I love her outer space vibes so she was fun to draw 😌✨
easter-signature-for-Lori.png

can you spot all the hidden eggies in this drawing? πŸ‘€πŸ₯šπŸ’•
I just have to say, these are amazing! 😍 The hidden eggies are the cutest touch!

another quick one, I actually had the sketch for this done a few weeks ago but bc I've been working on commissions I didn't get around to it until this evening, I somehow managed to get all the line art and coloring done in one evening so that's great πŸ˜„

I've drawn Toby before and I've posted a few drawings of him here, but there's one character of mine I've never shown off in this thread: Anthony. for context, I created these characters when I was a wee kid and my love of Super Mario stuff was just starting out. so if it wasn't obvious, Toby is my "Mario" protagonist, he's the main character and goes on lots of adventures. and as you may have guessed, Anthony is my "Luigi" character, meant to be Toby's brother and they would often be seen together. but at some point down the line I decided that Anthony a a character was somewhat unoriginal, so I basically stopped drawing him and lowkey forgot abt him (I never truly forgot but he was never really on my mind).

recently @/Shellzilla_515 asked me if Toby has a sibling, for the reason I mentioned above. and miraculously, yes, he does! I just hadn't drawn him since 2012. so I decided that, in the same style as my recent drawing of Petunia and Irene, I would draw Toby and Anthony together. I honestly don't know if I've ever actually drawn both of them together, but regardless this is the first time in almost 11 years that I've drawn Anthony and I'm pretty happy with his design! I wanted him to be a little more robust in appearance, as he's more stern and serious (though kind) while Toby is generally pretty silly and light-hearted. I definitely want to write more about these two soon, I'll prob think over their sibling dynamic some more over time.

so anyways yeah, enjoy my drawing of my cat broskis πŸ˜ŒπŸ’•
toby-and-anthony.png

this is the only colored and (at least mostly) completed drawing I have of Anthony. not sure what made me decide to make his overalls brown but tbh I like the idea a lot so I kept it in the newer drawing :)
rn-image-picker-lib-temp-9be5a798-e713-4062-ab5c-2be5508e2f2f.jpg

Back