Bug's Art Gallery 💫

wow I don't think I've cranked out a new art piece faster in my life lol

I wanted to draw Kirby and Irene (the pink shy guy) together in honor of the newly dedicated Kirby Tree Forums :blush:
kirby-and-irene.png
literally flailing about rn since your art is so good that i don’t know how to react LOL. your art style never fails to leave my jaw on the floor... it’s so good. 😭💗

Can I just say that your art has improved so so much over the past few years?! Like wow, the difference is amazing! I love your art style and art you make friendo, keep up the good work ^^

extra post today, I just wanted to share a few pieces of unfinished art from Medibang that I like. I likely won't finish most of these since my art has improved quite a bit in the last few months, but I figured they would be fun to look at regardless.
this one was last edited on Jan 18th 2022. it's a drawing of two of my plushies turned into OCs, Fluffykinz the calico and Marley the golden retriever. I actually may go back to this one and either use the sketch to do new lineart or just draw a new sketch. I really like how this one was going, especially since I've never drawn these two before.
export1649190199466.png

--------------------------------------
this one was last edited December 7th 2021. more plushies turned OCs, this is Alex and Evelynn, both red foxes. I've actually drawn Alex before, but here he's anthro instead of purely animal-like. I imagine that he has a crush on Evelynn and can't fess up, even though she secretly knows about it. (and yes I was gonna draw Evelynn wearing the foxtail dress lol)
I may redo this one later, it's def gonna need a new lineart but I may just stick to the base sketch.
export1649190256917.png

this one was drawn on Nov 30th 2021. I think my depression was particularly hitting me this day, and I really wanted to draw but this was all I could get out 😞
export1649190285128.png

this was drawn on Nov 16th 2021. just a bunch of random Super Mario enemies. they look pretty awful lmao.
export1646793535097.png

this one was drawn on Nov 15th 2021. I'm not sure if this was supposed to be a particular character or if I just felt like drawing a fox. I may have been trying to come up with a fox villager for Animal Crossing, given the body style.
export1649190331092.png

this one was last edited on July 15th 2021. yet another plushie, this is Sylva the raccoon. I've had this plushie since July 2009 so she's very special to me, and I like to think that she's a mother figure for all the others. I was gonna draw her with her husband Maury but I ended up not finishing this. I may actually redraw this in CSP, I really like how it was going.
export1649190441133.png

last one, this was last edited on Dec 15th 2020. this is Comet, one of my OCs. I think I was unhappy with the lineart but I do like the drawing. if I draw him again later I'll probably just do a new sketch/pose.
export1649190463832.png

did a more simple drawing today since I'm feeling kinda tired. I wanted to do a re-draw of a older drawing I did of one of my favorite Animal Crossing villagers, Bangle! I originally drew her in July of 2017, and here she is again almost 5 years later!
Bangle-2-0.png

here are the two drawings side by side. really puts into perspective how much an art style can be improved within a few years!
bangle-before-n-after.png

I'm back after having a week of being tired literally nonstop lol. it's funny bc I started this last night when I was still tired, and when i started working on it again this morning I had to fix so many things bc I hated what tired me did to this drawing 😆

anyways, here are two more characters which have been needing art forever, not even exaggerating. Solmew is a character which I created sometime in 2011 and I haven't drawn him since 2013. the other character is one I just came up with recently to be his counterpart. both are males, and they are in fact a couple <33 they both have quite different character dynamics; Solmew is very energetic, loud, and protective of his friends, and Lumew is quiet, empathetic, and insightful. they balance each other out and their relationship works really well because of this.
solmew-and-lumew.png

wanted to do a silly drawing just for fun, so to prepare for an upcoming drawing idea I drew a bunch of snifits! these guys are one of my absolute favorite Super Mario enemies, prob my third fav behind chain chomps and thwomp/whomp, so they're pretty special lads! I wanted to draw a bunch of them to practice. they look pretty decent actually!
snifits.png

(also the one that isn't colored in is one I tried to draw within 30 seconds. finished him in 27 seconds but he's not particularly happy about it lol)

I will be leaving early tomorrow morning to visit my grandma for easter and I'm not sure if I'll have time to draw any more between now and when I leave, so I'll go ahead and upload a few things now! (any new stuff will likely come on Tuesday or later, though I may bring my sketchbook with me a draw a few doodles while I'm gone!)

first, here is a drawing I did for @/Warrior of Pompompurin and Macaroon! this is the first time I've drawn either of them and it only took a little over an hour and a half to do this whole thing so I'm quite proud of it :blush:
they're eating muffins and enjoying a nice spring day~
pompompurin-and-macaroon.png

and then I just want to post this here for future reference, the drawing I made to celebrate me getting the final boss feather! I like this one a lot lol, it's another silly drawing 😁
final-boss-feather-obtained.png

(I wanted to wait until the egg hunt ended to post this, because I referenced it in this drawing sheet!)

on my way to my grandma's house on Saturday, it was a 2.5 hour car ride so I decided to do some doodles to pass the time. about half were done on the way there, and half on the way back home. I remembered making a few collage drawings of super mario characters when I was 12-13 years old, and I wanted to do a new collage sheet! I also wanted to see how well I could draw in a car (answer: ...okay lol).

I think I got better the more characters I drew, mostly bc I was trying to get my bearings after not having drawn traditionally for about a year (minus the drawing I did of Sterling for the Valentines art contest). and this wasn't meant to be a serious project anyways, I wanted to have fun with it and just go with the flow. it was a great time, I might do more drawings like this soon!

this sheet contains a few fan characters of mine, including the wonderful Molly Koopa! this is the first time I've had the pleasure of drawing her and I think I'm pretty content with her design!

also these were all drawn from memory. some look great, some... not so much. but I'm pretty proud of it lol 😁
20220418-191630.jpg

- I drew the Bomb Boo in the top left first because back in 2012 I did a drawing of a Bomb Boo in a car and it looked really bad, so I wanted to try again. he doesn't look much better this time around.

- what is happy-sad-serious-mad man, you might ask? this is an "emoticon" which I drew in a sketchbook years and years ago, in which you look at the face and he is portraying a certain mood depending on how you look at it. I know it's stupid but I thought about it and I had to draw it again lol.

- after discovering the answer to the mirror during the egg hunt was, in fact, a Pokey, I was in hysterics. I somehow didn't get it right away and I'm ashamed of myself since I, a well-established super mario fanboy, should recognize a pokey anywhere! so I had to draw one, haunting people dreams, as he does.

- I had the idea to draw some goombas but I wanted to draw someone trying to pose as a goomba, so I drew Kirby. figured it was fitting since I've become more interested in Kirby ever since The Forgotten Land released!

- yes, that is in fact a tanooki Conkdor. he's just vibing. also I just realized I forgot his shell and now I'm big sad 😭

(I wanted to wait until the egg hunt ended to post this, because I referenced it in this drawing sheet!)

on my way to my grandma's house on Saturday, it was a 2.5 hour car ride so I decided to do some doodles to pass the time. about half were done on the way there, and half on the way back home. I remembered making a few collage drawings of super mario characters when I was 12-13 years old, and I wanted to do a new collage sheet! I also wanted to see how well I could draw in a car (answer: ...okay lol).

I think I got better the more characters I drew, mostly bc I was trying to get my bearings after not having drawn traditionally for about a year (minus the drawing I did of Sterling for the Valentines art contest). and this wasn't meant to be a serious project anyways, I wanted to have fun with it and just go with the flow. it was a great time, I might do more drawings like this soon!

this sheet contains a few fan characters of mine, including the wonderful Molly Koopa! this is the first time I've had the pleasure of drawing her and I think I'm pretty content with her design!

also these were all drawn from memory. some look great, some... not so much. but I'm pretty proud of it lol 😁
20220418-191630.jpg

- I drew the Bomb Boo in the top left first because back in 2012 I did a drawing of a Bomb Boo in a car and it looked really bad, so I wanted to try again. he doesn't look much better this time around.

- what is happy-sad-serious-mad man, you might ask? this is an "emoticon" which I drew in a sketchbook years and years ago, in which you look at the face and he is portraying a certain mood depending on how you look at it. I know it's stupid but I thought about it and I had to draw it again lol.

- after discovering the answer to the mirror during the egg hunt was, in fact, a Pokey, I was in hysterics. I somehow didn't get it right away and I'm ashamed of myself since I, a well-established super mario fanboy, should recognize a pokey anywhere! so I had to draw one, haunting people dreams, as he does.

- I had the idea to draw some goombas but I wanted to draw someone trying to pose as a goomba, so I drew Kirby. figured it was fitting since I've become more interested in Kirby ever since The Forgotten Land released!

- yes, that is in fact a tanooki Conkdor. he's just vibing. also I just realized I forgot his shell and now I'm big sad 😭

They ALL look great! 🤩 I think my favorite is the fat shy guy. You gave each one so much personality; I love that! :) I honestly think this is a fantastic set of doodles 😊 Again, I must tell you that you are so creative! I love how you wrote some things the characters are saying by them :).

I apologize for destroying your notifications haha. These doodles are cute and funny, especially the happy sad serious mad man!

Back