Bug's Art Gallery 💫

finally finished my first drawing project in Clip Studio Paint with my Wacom tablet and I'm very pleasantly surprised! not only does it look a lot better than I thought it would, it actually looks amazing??? I've come such a long way from doing digital art in Flipnote Studio on my DSi wow 😪

wahhhh.png

I had to draw Waluigi as a furry in a cat suit in HQ and he's lookin heckin good lol 😎

I was working on a drawing in Medibang but I may import the coloring and lineart into CSP and do the shading there. this app is leaps ahead of Medibang and I can never go back :p
i can’t decide what i love more — the artwork itself, your art skills as a whole (you’re so talented i s2g) or the “me-WAH!” lol. this really does look amazing! 💜

i can’t decide what i love more — the artwork itself, your art skills as a whole (you’re so talented i s2g) or the “me-WAH!” lol. this really does look amazing! 💜
ty xara, that means the world to me 🥺 💕💕

honestly I don't think I have the mental energy to take on shading this project so I'm just gonna post it as-is cause I'm still quite proud of how it looks :)
toucatssss.png

this is the first time in like over two years I've drawn my Toucat (oof) but this is also the first time I've drawn one in a different color! did you know that this OC comes in all different colors? the rainbow one is the one I draw most often but they come in basically all color combos. I should draw a bunch of them together sometime.
(also yes the other cat is bi lmao)

so anyways yeah, ik it's a bit underwhelming cause it's just lineart and flat color but it's still nice to look at. I'm very pleased with my perspective work here :blush:

did a drawing of an Animal Crossing OC for @/Sheep Villager for the "Draw The User Above You" thread, and I'm really happy with the turnout. especially since I started and finished it in one day! it usually takes me at least a few days to do an art piece but this one was nice and quick :)
sheepvillager-OC.png

H6X27hX.png

did a drawing of an Animal Crossing OC for @/Sheep Villager for the "Draw The User Above You" thread, and I'm really happy with the turnout. especially since I started and finished it in one day! it usually takes me at least a few days to do an art piece but this one was nice and quick :)
sheepvillager-OC.png

H6X27hX.png

I didn't want to derail/confuse the thread this was in so posting here but oh gosh! Thank you so much! They turned out spectacular, I love the vibes. I was really excited when I saw you claimed since you have such a fun art style and I had a feeling it'd work perfectly with my clown. I was definitely right with that feeling!

yall I've absolutely been on a roll with these art pieces 😆

I have two to share today! first is a commission I did for @/BrokenSanity of their five OCs. I had a lot of fun drawing them and interpreting their personalities/design! I surprisingly only took about 3-4 hours total to fully do this, idk how I've managed to work so fast recently but it's been great.
VUnrQ5T.png

second is a drawing that took me less than two hours to do (started and finished it this evening). I really wanted to do a redesign of Marco, an OC which I created literally right around the same time I joined this forum lol. I wasn't really a fan of his old design, so I made him look more like the animal which he seemed to resemble, which is an axolotl. I had to use a few refs to come up with this design but I'm really happy with it :blush:
marco.png

this is kind of a big oof :p
5105342_zcUKaMFYZjQIwYZ.jpg
5104950_KWerS9DyXQremEV.jpg

also in case you're wondering, his original design is based on a chibi salamence I saw once, and I tried to draw it with Mario's nose/mustache and the red/white colors. basically it was drawn as a joke, and I decided later to make him into an OC because I thought the design was hilarious. by some chance he looked like an actual animal (I didn't know what an axolotl was when I was a kid despite knowing about Dr Shrunk lol) so I'm glad I was able to use that as a ref to improve his design.
also not pictured in the spoiler above but he used to wear Mario-esque gloves and boots, bruh that made me want to 🤮
so instead I gave him these cute little red hands and feet and I absolutely adore them omg 🥺

okay I'm off to bed now~ 😴

Last edited:
I know I'm on hiatus but I really want to share this drawing I just finished. it's of one of my OCs, Maxwell, who's actually a relatively recent OC (since most of mine were made in like 2008-2012). I haven't drawn him since like early 2016 so here he is!! :blush:
maxwell.png

I think I'm getting better at drawing poses/hands lol

I know I'm on hiatus but I really want to share this drawing I just finished. it's of one of my OCs, Maxwell, who's actually a relatively recent OC (since most of mine were made in like 2008-2012). I haven't drawn him since like early 2016 so here he is!! :blush:
maxwell.png

I think I'm getting better at drawing poses/hands lol
I really love the use of a textured brush for shading and highlighting.

I really love the use of a textured brush for shading and highlighting.
thank you, glad to hear!! I've always been a big fan of texture in art (I really like the works of Van Gogh because of his use of texture) so I like to use that a lot in my artwork 😊

finished another one!! I'm really on a roll 😁

since I was looking back at the two Super Mario fanfics I wrote in 2012-2013 (they're awful lol, though the premise of both of them is pretty interesting and I may try to rewrite them later) I wanted to recreate one of the scenes in a drawing. this features three FCs of mine, from left to right their names are Goldeneye (in case you're wondering, yes he's named after James Bond lol), Brickred, and Shadow. all three are whimps (in case you've never played SMG2, they're basically a baby whomp lol, not quite as terrifying as their older bretheren). I've only drawn Goldeneye one time in Flipnote Studio 3D, and I've never drawn the other two, so this was a fun experience!
enconter-w-the-chompy.png

here's the story: a small chain chomp wandered into the fortress (how it got past the guards is beyond me but anyways) and it quickly became attached to Shadow. they were hesitant to keep it since they didn't want to start any trouble with the Chomp King (another one of my FCs) but they figured he might not notice that one of his troops was gone. Shadow convinced the king of the fortress to let him keep it, and he and the chain chomp quickly became best friends. Goldeneye and Brickred are the main troops of the fortress and like Shadow they had also never seen a chain chomp before, though unlike Shadow, who was more open and welcoming, they were a bit freaked out by its large jagged teeth and it startled them. they soon realized, however, that the small chain chomp wouldn't hurt them.

anyways I have lots to do tomorrow so I'm off to bed~

Last edited:
You’re art is so amazing! 🤩 I really love the Sprigatito one and the Shy Guy one especially, though all are really wonderful! ☺️💜
I just wanted to pop in and say that your artwork is fantastical. 😭 Keep it up, I can't wait to see more!! ^^
thank you guys so much, your comments mean a lot to me!! 😭 💕

this is perhaps the most ambitious drawing I've done since at least 2017 and holy wow I'm so happy with how it turned out!! 😵
I really wanted to work on lighting/shading and I wanted to do an evening/night setting which I don't believe I've ever done before. lighting was tricky of course but it looks fantastic and sjdkfsjdkjfhsk I love it so muchhh 😭
Daniel-and-Cole.png

I also wanted an excuse to draw Cole as well as Daniel wearing his foxtail dress lol, they're so cute :blush:

this is perhaps the most ambitious drawing I've done since at least 2017 and holy wow I'm so happy with how it turned out!! 😵
I really wanted to work on lighting/shading and I wanted to do an evening/night setting which I don't believe I've ever done before. lighting was tricky of course but it looks fantastic and sjdkfsjdkjfhsk I love it so muchhh 😭
Daniel-and-Cole.png

I also wanted an excuse to draw Cole as well as Daniel wearing his foxtail dress lol, they're so cute :blush:

This is so adorable! 🤩 I love how you drew Cole; Daniel looks wonderful too! I love his expression! The trees look gorgeous and their outfits are beautiful as well :). You did a fantastic job! 🙂

Back