• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

My two Snooties are SO different

ceribells

Shady Something or Other
Bells
Vesta
Mailbox
Yellow Candy
So it was sounding like the sub-types of personalities only result in a few different dialogue options, but Timbra and Claudia could not be more different.

Timbra's been in town a long time, and is what I'd consider a more typical snooty. Vain, fashion-oriented, a little snippy or gossipy. (Don't get me wrong, I love a good Snooty)
Claudia seems much more worldly and sophisticated. She talks about books and hobbies, is more kind, has nice bonding chats with my Normals. She's in the museum pretty often and told me about how she'd want to raise fish/plants like in the river area (so I got her a Floating-biotope Planter).

The two lazies, two jocks, two peppies, and two crankies I've had have all been very similar to their counterparts. The two normals I currently have seem subtly different, and don't have much dialogue in common, but a same vibe in personality (Mitzi and Vesta). Claudia and Timbra really don't.

What are your experiences with personality types?

I only have one snooty, Soleil, and I am constantly taken aback by how gracious and supportive she is to the other female villagers. She really does a lot to lift them up - she compliments their fashion sense and intelligence often- and is only truly snooty toward Leopold, my smug, who is always earning her eyerolls. It’s a really interesting take on the snooty personality; Soleil is like a genteel social butterfly who adores and mentors all her lady friends but has no more time for most men.

The subpersonalities make villagers a bit more interesting, which I like. Diana will study local plants and bugs and is constantly reading with pair of round-rimmed glasses on. I find her in the museum a lot as well. Judy absolutely loves to sing. She'll sing and dance the entire day away. She also seems very social, as I constantly find her either visiting other villagers or hosting them.

I only have Diana as my snooty so I don't have experience with such a thing, I have two lazies tho which is Lucky and Drake but I do know they have the same subtype as well as their dialogue are basically the same lol (talking about food and the bugs in their house lol), I'll be having two normals now which is Lily and Lolly but I am 100% sure they're also of the same subtype lol I need more variety in terms of personality subtypes now that I think of it but I love my villagers as it is now so I'll just make do with that

My snooty is Willow. I didn’t like her at first because I didn’t think she was that cute but now I love her! She is the sweetest. She gives me the most gifts from all the villagers and she’s never said anything remotely snooty.

8C24025C-2828-4CAD-A146-066FAE1BAA56.png

My snooty is Willow. I didn’t like her at first because I didn’t think she was that cute but now I love her! She is the sweetest. She gives me the most gifts from all the villagers and she’s never said anything remotely snooty.

View attachment 269458
Yeah I found Willow to be a sweetheart honestly. Only snooty I've had though. I moved her out for Julian when he popped up in my tent. Now he lives next door to Raymond. Smug Central over there.

I have two snooties, Judy and Ankha. I find Judy to be the stereotypical snooty, very kind, fashion forward but a tad snooby. Ankha is just elegant and and polite, no one has better manners. In the end I love them both to death and am never letting them go

I have two peppies, two normals, and two smugs. my two normals seem pretty similar (lily and flurry). they have a lot of the same dialogue and don't really stray too far from the usual topics relating to their day, books, and mentioning their parents.

my smugs (raymond and marshal) give off different vibes to me. i feel like raymond, who i've had longer, is a bit more stuck up and pretentious (not in a bad way bc HE CUTE) and marshal is softer?? i could very well be biased though because i also had marshal in new leaf and he's my favorite villager 🥺 he's also smaller so i feel like that adds to the cuteness? LOL

my peppy villagers (peanut and audie) are kinda different too. peanut talks about "nerdy" things a lot more, like video games, whereas audie is a lot more focused on her popstar-dom? they interact with the normal villagers a lot though, and their conversations are always the same three cycled convos!! it's kind of driving me crazy lmao

I have two peppies, two normals, and two smugs. my two normals seem pretty similar (lily and flurry). they have a lot of the same dialogue and don't really stray too far from the usual topics relating to their day, books, and mentioning their parents.

my smugs (raymond and marshal) give off different vibes to me. i feel like raymond, who i've had longer, is a bit more stuck up and pretentious (not in a bad way bc HE CUTE) and marshal is softer?? i could very well be biased though because i also had marshal in new leaf and he's my favorite villager 🥺 he's also smaller so i feel like that adds to the cuteness? LOL

my peppy villagers (peanut and audie) are kinda different too. peanut talks about "nerdy" things a lot more, like video games, whereas audie is a lot more focused on her popstar-dom? they interact with the normal villagers a lot though, and their conversations are always the same three cycled convos!! it's kind of driving me crazy lmao
Oh the two peppies I've had are both the stardom type. And drive me a little nuts with it. I'm interested in seeing something else! I didn't mind this personality in older games but they really are a LOT this time Hopefully the next peppy is a bit nerdier, like me!

i love the snootys almost as much as i love uchis.
Ankha was talking ab how good/interesting of a person Isabelle is and how she talks to her for advice and such.

Reactions: Fye
I have two smugs and two crankies. Raymond and Zell give me the exact same smug dialogue but I love them and the personality so it doesn't bother me. But my two crankies Wolfgang and Spike give the exact same dialogue too and its a bit disappointing, especially since their dialogue is very forgetful-old-man-ish which doesn't suit them at all. I love them both but one of them might eventually be replaced with a cranky with different dialogue, or a more sassy snooty

My doubles are normal and cranky. The normals, Lolly and Sally, are the same subtype, so they're pretty similar. I love them both, though, so it's okay. My crankies are different. The basic cranky dialogue is there, but Gruff has music for his sub, whereas Dobie is nature. They're both awesome cranky grandpas, expressing concern for me and other villagers, but Dobie is a little more approachable.

I currently have three lazy types - Punchy, Lucky and Beau.
Punchy is my boy I’m going to keep him but I’m not sure about the other two. They all have the same conversation so it’s a bit boring.

i have double lazies! biskit and erik are both obsessed about giving the bugs in their floors their best life lol. they have the same dialogue.

i had tipper and friga at different times, and tipper seems like the stereotypical snooty that you were talking about. i have seen friga and bea have frequent conversations about their shared interests (which, to me, sounds a lot like the finer things club from the office) but i would love a datamine to see the different categories that these villagers fall in!

gonna throw this in here in case anyone has an answer: I have diana and she's the sweeter kind of snooty, so she comes off as really elegant and kind and hardly talks about fashion. Snooties are one of my favorites so I want another snooty with the other dialogue (the sassier, fashion-focused one like the OP described Timbra). I've been thinking of trying to get Tasha since I like her look but does anyone know what her dialogue is like?

I have 2 normals(marina and poppy) and 3 snooties (Blanche, Diana, and Judy)

The normals have the same subtype as well as Blanche and Diana. Not sure what kind of snooty Judy is tho since she just moved in...

gonna throw this in here in case anyone has an answer: I have diana and she's the sweeter kind of snooty, so she comes off as really elegant and kind and hardly talks about fashion. Snooties are one of my favorites so I want another snooty with the other dialogue (the sassier, fashion-focused one like the OP described Timbra). I've been thinking of trying to get Tasha since I like her look but does anyone know what her dialogue is like?
A lot of the datamines and write-ups I've seen insist that the subtypes are only for a few bits of dialogue locked behind friendship levels, so basically don't even worry about it. But I noticed the difference immediately, and it seems to tie to a "wild card" dialogue that is still a bit vague. (I only lightly look at these so anybody more knowledgeable please feel free to add/correct)
That's sort of why I'm surprised at my experience. Here's a list though (scroll down): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1b2rrEIeNZKnQrvoyD4JtkKSNJs2VAHobCBGKSnO2A_o/mobilebasic

Aaand now I'm seeing Claudia and Timbra are the same subtype according to this list? Surprise to me. Maybe there's more than the datamines have gotten to though.

A lot of the datamines and write-ups I've seen insist that the subtypes are only for a few bits of dialogue locked behind friendship levels, so basically don't even worry about it. But I noticed the difference immediately, and it seems to tie to a "wild card" dialogue that is still a bit vague. (I only lightly look at these so anybody more knowledgeable please feel free to add/correct)
That's sort of why I'm surprised at my experience. Here's a list though (scroll down): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1b2rrEIeNZKnQrvoyD4JtkKSNJs2VAHobCBGKSnO2A_o/mobilebasic

Aaand now I'm seeing Claudia and Timbra are the same subtype according to this list? Surprise to me. Maybe there's more than the datamines have gotten to though.
Yeah, that's why I didn't mention subtypes since that doesn't seem to be related to the main differences in a villagers dialogue. For example my Diana and Vivian are both subtype 0 but their dialogue was pretty different (like the difference between claudia and timbra). So unfortunately it seems like talking to the villager is the only way to find out their dialogue style

Plucky is one of my Pepper villagers and so is Audie. Audie is suuuuper girly and muses about being famous, but Plucky seems really... Derpy. I love her lol but she seems kinda dumb and clueless in a funny way especially when she interacts with Claudia, my snooty villager who is very sophisticated.

Plucky tends to have similar traits to Zucker (like asking which book has more pictures in it to determine their reading choice).

Yeah, that's why I didn't mention subtypes since that doesn't seem to be related to the main differences in a villagers dialogue. For example my Diana and Vivian are both subtype 0 but their dialogue was pretty different (like the difference between claudia and timbra). So unfortunately it seems like talking to the villager is the only way to find out their dialogue style
Interesting :0
I wonder if Nintendo really did mean more by "subtype" than just A and B, and folded in differences in other categories too (I mean that seems obvious but is maybe more significant than we thought). You could try browsing twitter/tumblr/etc for screenshots of Tasha and see if you recognize any of the snooty-sassy dialogue.

Back