• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Modding Island Name?

outofwrlds

On My Way To ✨Space✨
Bells
Space Whale Plush
Galaxy Swirl
Moon Bunny
International Space Cetacean Star Fragment
S.S. Dolphin
Ugh, I'm dreading this topic, but I'm running out of time to address it...

I can't find anything about this online anywhere, but is it possible to mod the name of your island? I've seen people talk about how some mods get you locked out of doing online content, but some minor mods can fly under the radar, and I hope this is one of them.

I don't likey island name, but I love my island too much to restart my island for such a minor thing. I have my entire museum finished except the art, and I'm only missing a few pieces. Almost all my nook mile achievements are done as well. I love all my villagers, and have lavished them with gifts, so I hope they love me back.

I currently have the OG switch, which I hear is easier to mod on. Unfortunately, it's old, and it's seen better days. I'm starting to get some screen flicker, and some games lag that never had the problem before. I need to start saving up for a new switch. But I'm terrified that if I move my island to a new switch, I'll be trapped with this island name forever with no way to ever change it. So I'd rather know now if it's possible or not, and how to do it, before it's too late.

Any advice?

It's Riverrun. My original thought for my island was to have a lot of water features, lots of rivers and bridges separating parts of my island. It doesn't really suit my island at all, which is a mishmash of varying themes. It also turns out to be the name of some town in Game of Thrones, which I guess is how that name got lodged in my brain in the first place.
Post automatically merged:

It's literally my starting island, so I've had this name since day 1. I've been thinking of changing the name since, like, a month in, but always found reasons not to restart my island. Kinda wish I had. Would have been much easier back then instead of three years later.

I know this is an older thread, but I couldn’t help but comment. Back when ACNH first came out my son got the game and ended up playing it for less than two weeks. Fast forward to Jan 2023 and I started playing it on his switch. Of course I have no way to change the character’s name or the island name. Thank goodness at least that the character’s name is not a typically male name like Ralph (it’s Tsundoku), lol! But the island name is BOOKS which I find incredibly bland and boring! I guess I am stuck with it though because like others, I have way too much into this island to want to start over.
Oh well….

Back