• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Lion's Bad Sprites

lionrt60

Gigginox from Moga
Bells
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
So I've decided to put my aseprite to use finally and try to make some Gen IV Pokemon style overworld sprites and I would appreciate human villager references to try and improve. To that end critique and tips / whatever are appreciated. If you happen to like the end product (unlikely ngl) feel free to use it for whatever.

I know my art right now is just plain bad, however I would love to try to improve. For now I'm gonna stick to Gen IV overworld sprites but probably in time will branch out, starting with Gen IV full-size trainer sprites.

Anyway, here is what I have so far (Deliberate white background, can do transparency):

The embed doesn't show everything for me so probably click on the imgur link.

Last edited:
IMG_20200328_164737_443.jpg

Would you please do my character? I think your little sprites are absolutely adorable! 😍

Hope I did this right!

I also had a go at a signature. It's bad but I do know how I would improve next time so yeah.

EDIT: Not to mention my interpretation of my idea was flawed to begin with.
1586032532363.png

ooo here's my islander if you would like to pixel her! i think these are adorable not bad at all. pixel art is hard you have to try to draw a whole character with limited space. i've tried, and mine dont come out nearly as good as yours trust >_< LOL

click here for ref , you dont have to draw the pacifier if it's hard and you can pick whichever outfit you prefer from the two!
tysm for considering! 🥺

ooo here's my islander if you would like to pixel her! i think these are adorable not bad at all. pixel art is hard you have to try to draw a whole character with limited space. i've tried, and mine dont come out nearly as good as yours trust >_< LOL

click here for ref , you dont have to draw the pacifier if it's hard and you can pick whichever outfit you prefer from the two!
tysm for considering! 🥺

allainah.png
allainah400.png

Here you go! :) If you would like anything changed or have any feedback on how I could improve please let me know :)

EDIT: Didn't know how I felt about such a light outline for the hair so here's another:

allainah-2.png
allainah400-2.png

Last edited:
I don't think your sprites are bad at all! I love them a lot!
I'm not a pixel artist so I can't critique but I do love your stuff!

Back