last film you watched!

David Lean's final masterpiece, A Passage to India

What an excellent final chapter for a great director. I'd better find myself some time to review it.

I just watched the godfather, the taxi driver and dances with wolves since i was at my friends house and she loves these films and ive heard pretty good things about them but i was disappointed

1) the god father:
honestly it was just.... boring? I was trying my hardest to stay awake, the plotline was boring imo and the acting just seemed awkward. i was going to watch the II and III but now i wont

2) the taxi driver
ive never even heard of this????
nope nope nope. not my kind of film, i wasn't interested in it at all - id prefer to watch the god father... lol. I honestly don't even remember what happened because I was zoned out for the majority of the movie, all i remember was the part where they were at the cafe because her hair looked pretty. again, i found the acting was awkward, especially from the guy robert di nero played

3) dances with wolves
defs the best of the three. i did watch this in year 8 for history when we were learning about american indians, and again, the highlight was seeing kevin c's ass - and i would watch the whole movie again just for that part. at least this one the plotline was kinda interesting like living with the indians but i really wasnt feeling the 'omg wat happens next' feel

apart from that I find most films predictable, i was watching sweet home alabama coz it was on the tv the other day (actually it was like a months and a few weeks ago) it was so obvious that she was gonna pick whatever the not-rich guy was called (jake??? idk).

It is indeed, one of my favorite, more modern japanese films for sure

Last edited:
It is indeed, one of my favorite, more modern japanese films for sure

That's quite understandable. Because I loved it just as much, too.

Anyways, I have just started out on David Gordon Green's George Washington right now.

Titanic Documentary
I been in a documentary mood lately. I've actually learned a lot of new things I didn't know though so I'm really sort of enjoying documentaries lately.

Last edited:
Departures

Well, it IS good, by no means a bad film but I feel it's a bit overrated and clich? sometimes. Also kinda slow, feels like it doesn't get on until an hour or so. Well worth a watch, but there are better ones out there.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, about your reviews, I saw you've watched Woman in the Dunes. It is.. awesome.

Also, about your reviews, I saw you've watched Woman in the Dunes. It is.. awesome.

That one was just one crazy film. But I still love it anyways, like I always do. It's fascinating.

Anyways, I'm watching Mishima: A Life in Four Chapters at the moment.

Back