• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Is anyone else NOT preparing for the update?

I'm not changing a thing because I literally started on any Animal Crossing last September (not counting Pocket Camp). Besides, I don't know what to expect. We know there's The Roost, but that's inside the museum. We know there's Kapp'n, but that's a visit to another island. I'm not exactly sure what I should prepare for. I'm sure there are new furniture to collect, but I've barely scratched the surface of the default New Horizons furniture yet, so... yeah. It's business as usual for me.

The only "preparing" I'm doing is not terraforming or coming up with any new projects for now since I'm expecting that the new items are gonna make me wanna change a lot of stuff around the island! I need to have a good look at everything before I start really planning anything.

Gotta save those bells, gotta save those Nook Miles...

I am indeed preparing. I have flattened my island almost completely. I just have a little chunk at the back to do and then my island will be fully flat.

I was ready to flatten regardless of the update, because I had finished my fairycore theme and was wanting to start my new theme.
I don't think there's much else for me to do now except wait. I have being hoarding bells, resources, nook miles, etc as well.

I don't think it matters that much weather or not you're 'prepared'. I just personally like to be. I think if I still had a full island, and all this new stuff came out, I would be very overwhelmed. XD

I’m not preparing at all. TBH, I don’t even want to touch the game until Nov 5 because I feel like if I do I’ll be obsessing over what to change, collect before, etc., and all I want to do is experience the update as it comes and not all at once anyway. Increase longevity and whatnot

Nope. I had been trying to figure out where to put my crops(and what I'd need to move) but not knowing all the items we can grow means I don't know how much space I'll need so there's no point. And I will not be restarting, no way I'm giving up everything I've already got.

on one of my islands i'm doing nothing, on the other i tore down an area that i feel doesn't fit with my island to make room for crops.

Haven't touch a thing, after halloween maybe I will, but for now I rather wait and make small modifications as I get the new stuff etc

Literally all I've done is moved some items from one area that I've never liked and was just sort of there because I didn't know how else to use that space. Whatever new items we get I'm sure I can make use of that part of my island far better than I have been so I decided to clear it. Other than that, not doing anything else until I see what we are getting

I've been meaning to change my Island to something I like, and this update is kinda giving me a reason to but other than that I ain't doin nothing
I really don't understand restarting though.

if you count restarting as preparing then yeah i suppose i am, tho i probably won't have access to the new stuff until later lol

Yes and no. I made room for a new expanded garden and set up the space because I know 100% that I’m putting one in. Other than that I’m waiting for the new items to decide what I want to do.

I flattened my island before the Direct, so whilst I'm currently working on terraforming my island and giving it a general overhaul, it's not for the sake of the update. My island is on the newer side and I just wanted to get rid of the default layout.

I was gonna try and delete parts of my island I did not like or use but I have given up and will just wait till the items come out.
That way I won't want to do a complete move around.

Some time in August I hit my first AC hiatus period, I just felt kind of bored. I'm super excited for the update, and thought that would make me log on and play in preparation for the update. I logged on once last week, did my usual stuff... And was still a little bored. I haven't played since. I even skipped playing yesterday, and it was my birthday. Might time travel just to get that... But yeah. Don't really feel the need to prepare for it.

Back