• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Is anyone else NOT preparing for the update?

I havent remodeled my island since the last Christimas lol. When I said island is done, it is DONE. now I only change maybe the seasonal decorations on tables maybe if I feel fancy lol. cant be bothered. After the update comes, I'll see if any items fit my island theme. :D Im tropical so idk.

The only "preparation" I've done so far is to make sure I have the $25 in the bank to order the DLC as soon as possible. As far as my island I honestly never did a huge build up of it so I don't have much to level. Plus I'm not even sure what I'll want to add & what I won't so why should I start clearing space?

I'm not. The ONLY thing I'm doing is finishing up the layout I already had planned for, but I'm doing no decorating until I know what items I can get.

I'm trying to make some bells and finish upgrading secondary characters homes, but other than that, not much. Just general upkeep and fixing a few minor terraforming problems.

I wanted to clean up my island but I lost motivation as soon as I remembered I still have broken controllers. So, I guess I'm not preparing anything.

I haven't done anything as of yet, but it's mainly because when I stopped playing the game for a while I was mid renovation so I don't really need to, I'll just wait for when the update comes out to continue probably.

I haven't touched my game in months and I plan to keep it that way until the update releases. I feel like I would make myself less excited for the update if I worried about what I was going to do with my Island since I suffered from severe burnout.

I made space for the new veggies. Outside of that though, no. I long since finished most of what the game had to offer, so I don't need to prepare for anything.

I'm moving houses out of the way/on beaches as best I can but that's really all I feel I can do without knowing the full extent of what we're getting :V

I've played every day since launch, and I haven't really done anything different since the update was first announced in the September Direct. I haven't made many changes to my island at all since starting in March 2020, just a little here and there to smooth out an edge or add space along the cliffs or river to make room for something. I also added a waterfall and a couple of small ponds. Nothing all that drastic.

In the last few weeks, I did move some trees around to make room in case they added more villager slots (they didn't, unfortunately, but that's OK! we'll be able to interact with more through HHP) and added a sixth bridge. I also spent time collecting crafting materials and fruits, have five stacks of each in storage now. My pumpkin patch is pretty big, and I plan to just remove some rows of pumpkins to make room for the new crops. I've been trying to get more bells and Nook Miles, too, although I probably already have more than I need with 48 million bells and almost 250,000 Nook Miles.

It's interesting to read what others are doing to prepare. It's given me some ideas! Good luck, everyone, with getting ready!

I recently started playing again in September. There is a lot of backlog work to prepare for this new update. I have 3 islands, so I want to be able to move villagers around when I get the series 5 amiibo cards or cycle through villagers freely (open plot) and go island hunting (whichever comes first). I recently received all the photos from my villagers that reside on my main island and now working on my critterpedia (finished fish section last night!).

Pretty much grinding away to make up for the last 13-14 months that I didn't play. Luckily, I didn't terraform much. All my islands look pretty basic with tons of room.

No. Both Island already had garden areas and main has an empty spot that I'm not sure what to do with.
After the update I can finally work on all the Players houses. Bunny Day set is still in one of my players houses. It needs to go.

I have been doing some minor terraforming! I took a small break from doing any decorating since last winter, but this update has me excited and wanting to do more with my island. Ideally, this all would've been completed months ago, but I got bored with the game and saw no point to just terraforming day after day. I'm going to wait before adding in trees/bushes/flowers that way I can get a good scope of what is being added on November 5th.

Ya I'm gonna wait to see what all the items are before deciding what to do

That and work is too busy atm so I honestly have no time 😭 gonna take Nov 5 off so I can really enjoy the updates that day haha

I'm not preparing for it at all. I am redoing my town, but not to accommodate the DLC. I'm just redoing it because I came back in excitement for new content and I was like wow. This is ugly. Lol.

I have done exactly three things:

1) Removed my fake crops from my farm to make room for the new ones,

2) Ensured that Kapp’n has 6-7 open planks available to dock by pushing my fishing rack over a bit, and

3) Sat on my fav museum bench one last time before it it relegated to storage.

Otherwise, I am ready to go. I have plenty of bells, nook miles, and energy to get 2.0 going!

Not me. Every corner of my island is already fully decorated and I like it the way it is. I’ll probably only make small changes here and there if I see good items that I could incorporate into my island. I’ll mostly be playing HHP and maybe redecorating the house with the new features.

I mean, the update has renewed my vigor to play the game, and I have been doing some remodelling, but most of it was based on my island being a bit item crowded. Other than fixing my pumpkin patches to grow different veggies, and shifting the items on my pier so Kapp'n can dock, I haven't done anything big prep-wise. I already have plenty of miles and bells.

Oh boy, I definitely didn't do any super massive changes. I cut down some trees in my orchard to make room for vegetables and any other changes I've done to my island was in the name of seasonal decorating! 😄 I'm surprised by people restarting or flattening their island, especially restarting! I'd be afraid I wouldn't be able to finish all the things I wanted before the update if I did that.

Back