• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

I'm ready for anything!

What does fertilizer do?

No one has given us an in depth description on holidays. If one of you talks talks about them and you could tell us, that would be really appreciated!

Does the grass eventually wear away? If it does, how do you repair it?

Also can you have more than one building project in your town? Especially the lamps, can you have more than one?

Oh and is wisp in the game? What wishes does he give?

Is Jack in the game (the one you give candy at halloween)?

Anddddd on Christmas how does it work if you give the presents? Is Jingle still in the game and does he give you anything?

sorry my head is full of questions.

Also can you have more than one building project in your town? Especially the lamps, can you have more than one?

Yes, the grass does wear away, albeit at a much slower pace than it did in City Folk. It regrows a little bit each day, and apparently you can see the growth. That's what I've heard, at least. There is no other way to repair it except for waiting it out.

And Jake. has an entire thread about this subject titled "Community Projects". That's where you'd find the answer to your second question.

It does wear away, but it wears away more slowly and grows back more quickly I think.
I think in another thread I saw that grass grows back a bit faster than normal when it rains (which is new) and when there are flowers or trees on the dirt area (like in City Folk).

Yes it does. Complete with pictures :) The Catalog Guide has pics of every customized and customizable item. Unfortunately, the Princess Series is uncustomizable.

Darn it. XD Yay for at least having pictures of everything and how they can be customized though... I hope if a US guide comes out, they will keep that too.

Does it have the prices for all the expansions? How much is the total cost for a fully expanded house?

I'm half tempted to buy these myself (just so I can see all the items), but I know I won't be able to read them and names may change and etc. x__x

Also, could you show all the different house types? (I know I've seen a castle and a Japanese-styled house)

And is anything missing on the public works list? Just because I remember the discussion about the sand pit and Zen Garden.

Finally, about how many different socks/tights and shoes are there? Since I know they are relatively new.

Last edited:
I kinda want to buy an imported guide book to tie me over until the NA release... looking through all the items and the customizations will fill the void

:D I didn't realize there were so many guides! I hope the US gets at least one guide that's the equivalent of one of those...

Are the Nintendogs puppy models back? I know they were DLC in CF, but unfortunately I missed out on them.

Is there anywhere online I can purchase any of these? Purely just to look through them (and somewhere that ships to the UK would be needed as well xD)

Does it have the prices for all the expansions? How much is the total cost for a fully expanded house?
It costs 7,595,800 bells to fully upgrade your house (not including the exterior appearance)

Is there anywhere online I can purchase any of these? Purely just to look through them (and somewhere that ships to the UK would be needed as well xD)
I know some websites but they're all Japanese?

What does fertilizer do?

No one has given us an in depth description on holidays. If one of you talks talks about them and you could tell us, that would be really appreciated!
I'd like to know about these too. I'm hoping the Sports Fair and Morning Aerobics return from the first game. I loved those.

A lot of questions today. I love it :)

Is there another island? On the box art there is two. The one you play games on with the old mayor, and then a plain little tiny one.

Sorry, noobie question. σ(^_^;)

One Island, but it's a resort. Each minigame has it's own island you play on.

What's that fully built building display near the entrance of Nook's housing store for?

It's a special design for your house house and can be bought once you have bought every expansion. They cost from 400k to 600k.

On to Page 7. :)

What does fertilizer do?

Fertilizer helps flowers and delicious fruit grow. That's all.

Holidays will be hard to talk about as they will change once the NA version hits. You guys simply don't have as much holidays, or at least y'all have different holidays.

Grass does wear away yes. Repair? not sure. Some say rain, some say flowers.

Do check the community projects topic for more info on them. Jake has done a wonderful job of listing how many can be built and what they are. But lamps are unlimited build ;)

Oh and is wisp in the game? What wishes does he give?

Is Jack in the game (the one you give candy at halloween)?

Anddddd on Christmas how does it work if you give the presents? Is Jingle still in the game and does he give you anything?

sorry my head is full of questions.

Wisp? No idea who/what that is (did not play CF since I don't have a wii). There is a wishing star and Lazy/Reiji (garden shop owner) will offer his services if you have too many weeds.

Jack is in this game yes. He runs the Halloween Event. Jingle is still i this game and he helps you with presents.

Darn it. XD Yay for at least having pictures of everything and how they can be customized though... I hope if a US guide comes out, they will keep that too.

I'm half tempted to buy these myself (just so I can see all the items), but I know I won't be able to read them and names may change and etc. x__x

Also, could you show all the different house types? (I know I've seen a castle and a Japanese-styled house)

And is anything missing on the public works list? Just because I remember the discussion about the sand pit and Zen Garden.

Finally, about how many different socks/tights and shoes are there? Since I know they are relatively new.

Th US guide should touch on those yes. Prices for every expansion yes. And it costs about 8mil for a full upgraded house. I think Jake answered this one for me xD

House types? There are only 4. Default, Castle, Japanese style, Modern.

Th public works list should be complete in the topic.

Socks (30-40), Shoes (about 50)

:D I didn't realize there were so many guides! I hope the US gets at least one guide that's the equivalent of one of those...

Are the Nintendogs puppy models back? I know they were DLC in CF, but unfortunately I missed out on them.

I have never seen a US guide equal a Japanese guide of this type. Sorry :( I have not seen the puppy models, but there are over 4000 items in this game xD

Amazon Japan.

How many new furniture themes are there? o3o

A lot O_O There are Series furniture (matching in name and design) and Set furniture (matching in style and theory).

Also, nearly each piece can be customized/recolored to your liking. :)

Thank you both :)

And I guess some last questions--are Cookie and Marina in the game? :) (Cookie is a pink puppy with black eyes similar to one of the girl eye styles and Marina is a pink Octopus) They were two of my favorites so. And what is the name of the light pink Rhino with like a...strawberry horn? I've seen pictures of her, but since I can't read Japanese, I don't know her name (and I know there's a chance her name may be changed but I am curious XD)

so excited for this game <3 must...resist...buying guides I can't read.

This is Wisp
Wisp.jpg

I'm also interested to know if he returns in this game. You usually find him by running around at like 3 am or so.

And I guess some last questions--are Cookie and Marina in the game? :) (Cookie is a pink puppy with black eyes similar to one of the girl eye styles and Marina is a pink Octopus) They were two of my favorites so. And what is the name of the light pink Rhino with like a...strawberry horn? I've seen pictures of her, but since I can't read Japanese, I don't know her name (and I know there's a chance her name may be changed but I am curious XD)

Everybody from City Folk is returning in this game(with the exception of Champ the monkey) along with a few villagers who haven't been seen since the Gamecube version and like 100 brand new villagers. So yes Cookie and Marina are returning in this game :)

Last edited:

Cookie and Marina are both in this game :)

Cookie is ペリーヌ (Periinu) and Marina is タコリーナ (Takoriina). The rhino with a strawberry horn is パティ (Patty).

Back