• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

I loved the direct but......

To all you guys saying curbing TTing will help the economy, it kind of also actually will not. Shopkeepers won't bother as much to restock their shops because they can't time travel. All the stuff you've bought on TBT from shops, most likely 70% of that is from time traveling. Otherwise it'd take days for them to order the catalog furniture from nook and shipped to their house to trade with you, and the amiibo stuff would be insane (you'd have to only help 1 customer a day)

Just something to think about :)

If we are completely unable to TT, that would definitely hurt TBT shops. I've had shops on here several times and yes, TTing is a large part of maintaining a stock. I mean, just think of hybrids as one example. They take time to grow, and people want them in large quantities for landscaping.

Last edited:
I guess it?s a more interesting approach having the holidays & holiday characters available in free updates. But as people have said, it?d be due to not wanting people to try to time travel.

I missed the direct as it was at 1am here, so I watched it as soon as I woke up. I?m happy with how things are looking.

Things stood out to me but if I?d say anything negative it?s that the islands that you travel to for additional supplies and what not look fairly bland. Not as memorable as Tortimer Island at least. Maybe that could change?

Would have been funny seeing Mr. Resetti pop up randomly at the end for a few seconds...but nope. :(

I don't want 'constant updates'. That's what PC does with seasonal events. :(

Why aren't these regular in game events already part of the game?

I can't keep downloading stuff for a game I've always played offline.

They had an extra year and they couldn't add Holiday characters that have always been in the game, IN to the game?
They've become a DLC event. :(

I don't want 'constant updates'. That's what PC does with seasonal events. :(

Why aren't these regular in game events already part of the game?

I can't keep downloading stuff for a game I've always played offline.

They had an extra year and they couldn't add Holiday characters that have always been in the game, IN to the game?
They've become a DLC event. :(

So what? Assuming they get done on time for their respective holidays this year, I don't see the issue in downloading a free update once every few months.

Back