• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.

I literally spent like 3 hours doing this!

Nunbal

달빛
Bells
I got a second copy of the game today and I just wanted to make sure that I wouldn't make the same mistakes I did with my old town.

So I spent like 3 hours resetting just to get an evenly spaced town layout. Can anybody give me their opinions on the layout? And what possible problems I could encounter with this layout in the future? It's already 1100% better than my old town's layout. So I feel content. However I didn't get apple as the native fruit so there might be a small chance that I reset again haha.

This is my new town, Oakside:
CrQnl5FUMAA2b0D.jpg

- - - Post Merge - - -

Don't mind my broken touchscreen. Haha so embarrassing... omg!

I like this layout. Do you have a lot of rocks? These might be a problem when you'll want to build a pwp. Also the lakes, but that depends if you like them or not really.

I like this layout. if you go bug hunting on the island retail might be a bit of a walk. also just pay attention to rocks and ponds if they're in dumb places but other than that it looks pretty okay.

I think your Re-Tail is either in a really good spot since it's close to main street, or quite bad since it pretty far from the boat to the island (for selling your island bugs and fish). I do really like your layout, and as other stated, it depends whether or not you like the ponds.

Very nice map indeed! I always try to get the town hall and retail at the top, as an extension of Main Street filtering down into the village... I personally would have placed my house down the bottom of the map, but that's because I like stepping out of my front door and diving off the cliff :D I quite like ponds too and I think your's are placed quite nicely on this map :)

lmfaooo, omg, you and i literally have ALMOST the same map!

WVW69ji_D6cpKx0vDQ.jpg

i'm in love with it, so i'm super excited that you enjoy yours too! i think the only problem i've ever had is with the waterfall (since we've got horizontal rivers) while catching the char, but if you just fish over the waterfall you should be able to see the fish just fine.

your town hall seems fit in a better spot than my map, it was really difficult to decorate behind it but it looks like you don't have to worry about that! also your plaza is lined up with your train station perfectly!!! i'd suggest putting a bridge in the middle so you can make a path downwards connecting the station to your plaza! i'm so jealous of your map! my house is in the exact opposite spot of yours , haha, but i think our retail is in a similar location which i really liked up against the tracks! feel free to visit my DA to see what i've done with mine, i'd honestly LOVE to visit your town too so see what you'll do with it!

edit: also didn't even notice your broken screen until you pointed it out haha, you can get screen shots through mii verse tho!

Last edited:
It's decent but I really hate the location of the Plaza, Re-Tail, and the one random pond right below the bridge. I prefer the Plaza to be off to the side and Re-Tail to be close to the beach so it's faster selling bugs when I go beetle hunting on the island, although I don't do it much anymore.

I personally dont like when the beach is divided in two parts, i prefeer an almost complete coast. Other than that it looks good, I would like that kind of layout. A lot of good space.

I like having my beaches pretty much equal, actually. I use my beaches to store my hybrids and they would look crowded on a tiny, entrance-less beach. I also like having a river that divides the town basically in half horizontally. So yeah, keep it.

I like your new layout a lot :3 If this were my town, I'd like to make a walkway straight from the train station to the town plaza, but you can't place a bridge where you'd need to to do that. That's my only gripe, and it's a really minor one. I think you can definitely work with this map.

By the way, if you want to screenshot your town map so you don't have to take a picture of your touchscreen, go to the town hall and tell Isabelle you want to demolish a project. The map will move to the top screen, and you can take a good picture of it :D

Last edited:
For me it seems the image is broken! Due to all of the comments that have been made so far, it may just be me!

The layout looks fine! However, for me I prefer to have my town hall, Re-Tail, and plaza all at the top because it's closer to the town so I can make my runs easily. I am too lazy to post my layout BUT my town hall and Re-Tail are to the left of the entrance to the town and my plaza is a bit south from Re-Tail. It's perfect for me! ^^

Back