• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Hello! I'd like to make a friend or two!

icecreamfloat

Bells
Feedback
0% (0) +
Hello everyone! This is my first ever post on The Bell Tree but I've been a silent visitor a few times over the years. Since late last year, I've been developing my New Leaf town even further after taking a break for reasons that are long to explain but important to me nonetheless. Now I am on a pursuit to collect more fruits and gain more items, but I wasn't so sure about connecting online to do so because I remember reading some things in the past about hacked towns that scared me, even before I ever owned a 3DS. After pouring through these forums extensively over this past week (and allll day today actually since I couldn't access an e-textbook I needed, leaving me idle for literally 11 hours...), I now feel a bit more okay about connecting online to make a friend!
I have never ever played online multiplayer, ever. As a kid, I only ever played on a SNES and N64 until I got a Wii when I was 8, so some aspects of the 3DS still feel so new and unknown to me. I actually don't even know how to connect to internet through my 3DS, I wouldn't even begin to know how to initiate the process. I'm sorry if this is getting a bit long! But it seems that most people here are very nice, so I'm hoping this will all be alright to type out. And I'm actually supposed to be doing my homework right now BUT this actually seems wayyy more important! I hope you're all having a lovely day and that I can manage to make a friend... or two! I'm still a little worried about making an AC friend because I have never plunged into those waters before, and I wonder if I'm even writing this to the right forum/topic? ANYWAY!
(Also, in reading some of the forum topics, the user with the purple-ish Splatoon profile picture seemed nice! I don't even know their name! But they seem like they'd be a nice New Leaf friend to have!)
(OH! And I don't have Welcome Amiibo! Just the original New Leaf game!)
🍐🍐🍐

You never played Animal Crossing online? 😱 You have a few more months to enjoy that feature on New Leaf, as Nintendo are discontinuing the online servers for the 3DS soon. ⏰ I mean, there's means of playing the older games online, but that's not very common.

I was thinking of making a new New Leaf world soon, but unfortunately, I can't play online at the moment. My home internet does not provide me with a static IP address and Nintendo's online servers demand that you do have one. 👎 How long have you been playing New Leaf? 🤔

You never played Animal Crossing online? 😱 You have a few more months to enjoy that feature on New Leaf, as Nintendo are discontinuing the online servers for the 3DS soon. ⏰ I mean, there's means of playing the older games online, but that's not very common.

I was thinking of making a new New Leaf world soon, but unfortunately, I can't play online at the moment. My home internet does not provide me with a static IP address and Nintendo's online servers demand that you do have one. 👎 How long have you been playing New Leaf? 🤔
Thanks for the reply! Part of me was worried that this post would float on by!
It is really so unfortunate that the servers are going to be down soon, I wish I had taken advantage of the feature earlier but the thought of it was too massive for me at the time!
I'm truly sorry that you can't play online at the moment, I didn't even know that about needing a static IP address for the servers to work properly! I am so new to this that I actually don't even know if my own IP address is in the clear!
I got New Leaf for my birthday in 2022 along with a 3DS and a few other lovely games that I really do love. I had to take a loooong break for a few reasons, but I did check on my town periodically during the break, and only got back into the game late last year. I'm glad that I'm back to playing though, better sooner than later!
Right now, I have a few goals for my game, and making a friend is one of them, at least before our time is up!
I hope you have a nice day!
🍐🍐🍐

got New Leaf for my birthday in 2022 along with a 3DS and a few other lovely games that I really do love.
Wow, what a nice birthday gift! 🎁 Is this your first DS at all? What other games are you enjoying on there? I've owned different DS types throughout the years but I'm recently getting back into that kind of gaming. I find it works best with my lifestyle and there are games on there I still haven't enjoyed fully, like Brain Age, NES Remix and Dragon Quest 7 to name a few.

I'm also making a new New Leaf town because I haven't played it in years. This time, I'm playing the Japanese version because my fav. Animal Crossing is Doubutsu no Mori + on the Gamecube, so I like practicing my Japanese while enjoying video games. 😁 That and I've played the Gamecube version of Animal Crossing to death by now, so give it a break, right? 😂

Wow, what a nice birthday gift! 🎁 Is this your first DS at all? What other games are you enjoying on there? I've owned different DS types throughout the years but I'm recently getting back into that kind of gaming. I find it works best with my lifestyle and there are games on there I still haven't enjoyed fully, like Brain Age, NES Remix and Dragon Quest 7 to name a few.

I'm also making a new New Leaf town because I haven't played it in years. This time, I'm playing the Japanese version because my fav. Animal Crossing is Doubutsu no Mori + on the Gamecube, so I like practicing my Japanese while enjoying video games. 😁 That and I've played the Gamecube version of Animal Crossing to death by now, so give it a break, right? 😂
thanks! My family usually gets me very thoughtful and lovely gifts, very thankfully! This is my first DS, but I have a bit of experience prior to this DS because when I was 8, my mom was able to get me and my siblings our own consoles each, it was the COOLEST thing to happen for us at the time! I had wanted a Wii soooo bad, so I got one; my sister got a DS Lite, so I was able to play on that frequently, and then she let me have it when I was 11, but at that point I wasn't interested because the only game we had left after all that time was Mario Party DS, and we played that SO MUCH that it took several minutes just to get to the title screen. The DS met with the unfortunate fate of being snapped in half by someone else. It was so iconic though! The pink color was quite lovely too.
I remember seeing the Brain Age game around but never quite did play it! Same with the other two games you've mentioned!
It sounds SO cool to be playing the Japanese version of New Leaf! Have you run across any major differences yet between the North American and Japanese games?
Oh yeah, I remember reading allll about the different iterations of Animal Crossing on the GameCube, it was quite confusing at first honestly 😭!
I've heard of people practicing their language skill through Zelda games, I love that you're doing the same with Animal Crossing! Good luck on your language journey!
🍐🍐🍐

The DS met with the unfortunate fate of being snapped in half by someone else.
Oppa! 💥😱 When I was younger, I damaged the top screen of my original DS because I lost at NES Ice Climbers on it. I threw it against the closet door and it left a dent on it too. 😂 I still have the DS and that was the last time I ever threw any video game in anger. 😇
Have you run across any major differences yet between the North American and Japanese games?
I haven't started yet, but I presume it'll have more Japanese holidays and furniture than the US release. At least that's precisely why I like Doubutsu no Mori + most, because yeah, e+ is superior, but it's basically the US version with extra stuff. Meaning that the Japanese things they removed in the process of re-localization did not get added back. Like, really?? 🙄

Oh nooo 😭! Someone I knew as a kid had a rich grandmother that would keep getting them a new DS every time they snapped it in half. I still can't believe they kept getting away with breaking them time after time! Ice Climbers is wayyy more difficult that people give it credit for, for sure 😭. It's funny that you still have that DS!
And wooo! I hope you'll have a great time with Doubutsu no Mori +. It's pretty ridiculous though that some items didn't get added back after the + edition... like, it's PLUS! PLUS! Come on!
🍐🍐🍐

You've played Ice Climbers too? It was through Animal Crossing on the Gamecube that I learned about NES games. I would plug in my Gameboy Advance and play them on there. Did you ever utilize that feature? 🔌 Not sure why Nintendo didn't add back in the Japanese content when they made e+. I guess they didn't want to bother going through that effort or maybe they thought the US changes were cooler and decided to keep it. 🤷‍♀️

Anyway, a more on-topic comment... do you know about Club Tortimer? You eventually unlock that and can visit random players online! I've made some nice friends that way. 😀 I haven't gone to that in a long time, but from what I've heard, it's beginning to see a lot more hackers and trolls on there, so be careful. 😬 If you view someone's profile on there (I forgot what that's called) and they have a picture that is not their character, run! 😂 I've seen some "questionable" images hackers have put for their profile picture. While hilarious, it's definitely not appropriate. 😳 They weren't kidding when the game says "Online Interactions Not Rated by the ESRB". 😂

You've played Ice Climbers too? It was through Animal Crossing on the Gamecube that I learned about NES games. I would plug in my Gameboy Advance and play them on there. Did you ever utilize that feature? 🔌 Not sure why Nintendo didn't add back in the Japanese content when they made e+. I guess they didn't want to bother going through that effort or maybe they thought the US changes were cooler and decided to keep it. 🤷‍♀️

Anyway, a more on-topic comment... do you know about Club Tortimer? You eventually unlock that and can visit random players online! I've made some nice friends that way. 😀 I haven't gone to that in a long time, but from what I've heard, it's beginning to see a lot more hackers and trolls on there, so be careful. 😬 If you view someone's profile on there (I forgot what that's called) and they have a picture that is not their character, run! 😂 I've seen some "questionable" images hackers have put for their profile picture. While hilarious, it's definitely not appropriate. 😳 They weren't kidding when the game says "Online Interactions Not Rated by the ESRB". 😂
I love that you first learned about NES games through Animal Crossing! I only ever learned about them indirectly by playing Super Mario All-Stars on the SNES. I was like, where did these games originally come from? Until I learned a bit later they were indeed classic NES games redone with SNES graphics and music 😭
I have a Gameboy Advance but unfortunately not the cord that allows for me to plug it into a GameCube, what luck! I've always wanted to try that, though! If only Nintendo could release an Animal Crossing package like Super Mario 3D All-Stars, something that includes the first 3 games but adds new features and all items from the Japanese and NA versions of the original game!
Oh yeah, funny you mention Club Tortimer! I learned about it when I unlocked the island and have wayyy more than enough medals to purchase the membership, but I never did buy the membership since I wasn't sure if I would ever be able to play with someone else, but hopefully with this site I'll find someone to play with 🫡
Reading about the hacking definitely scares me 😵‍💫 it kills me that people go out of their way to hack an ANIMAL CROSSING game. Like, the sweetest game ever, people actually spend their time HACKING it? So ridiculous and sad really!
Hope you're having a lovely day!
🍐🍐🍐

Hi, I know this is late but we can be friends! I’ve not connected online in New Leaf either and I’ve been wanting to give it a try haha. I’m pretty sure we just need to exchange 3DS friend codes, and talk to Porter at the train station.
(OH! And I don't have Welcome Amiibo! Just the original New Leaf game!)
I think you’d have to connect online and update your game to play with other people? The Welcome Amiibo update was free and even though the e-shop is closed you can still install updates I’m pretty sure.

Hi, I know this is late but we can be friends! I’ve not connected online in New Leaf either and I’ve been wanting to give it a try haha. I’m pretty sure we just need to exchange 3DS friend codes, and talk to Porter at the train station.

I think you’d have to connect online and update your game to play with other people? The Welcome Amiibo update was free and even though the e-shop is closed you can still install updates I’m pretty sure.
Hi! Sorry that it's been so long, I've had sooo much to do 🙀😭 I'd love to exchange friend codes! I just have to connect my 3DS to Internet, I'm still clueless on the whole thing really...
I'll try updating my game, thanks for suggesting it! I hope we can be friends soon!

Hi! Sorry that it's been so long, I've had sooo much to do 🙀😭 I'd love to exchange friend codes! I just have to connect my 3DS to Internet, I'm still clueless on the whole thing really...
I'll try updating my game, thanks for suggesting it! I hope we can be friends soon!
it’s no problem :D and sure let me know if you can get everything done

it’s no problem :D and sure let me know if you can get everything done
hi! It's FINALLY spring break where I live, so I can totally play now! I'm going to set everything up tonight (updating my New Leaf game and connecting to Internet) and I'll get back to you tomorrow if you're still interested!
I know that conversations can be started outside of board posts but I'm not really sure how to do that yet— but if you're still available then we can start one! I hope you have a lovely day 💐✨!

hi! It's FINALLY spring break where I live, so I can totally play now! I'm going to set everything up tonight (updating my New Leaf game and connecting to Internet) and I'll get back to you tomorrow if you're still interested!
ahh ok!! I don’t really have time tomorrow 😭 but feel free to message me and maybe we can figure out another time!
I know that conversations can be started outside of board posts but I'm not really sure how to do that yet— but if you're still available then we can start one! I hope you have a lovely day 💐✨!
oh, you just have to click on my username and click “Start Conversation”

ahh ok!! I don’t really have time tomorrow 😭 but feel free to message me and maybe we can figure out another time!

oh, you just have to click on my username and click “Start Conversation”
I totally understand, I ended up not having the time yesterday either 😵‍💫😭
I'll start a conversation later today! I hope all is well with you!

Back