• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

I have too much stuff!!

Gossamer8

Bells
Switch
6851-3607-4307
But I cannot seem to make myself declutter it. I do this in real life as well. "Oh gee I might be able to use this later!"

What do you do when you find your closets busting, your rooms cluttered, and you're ready to pull your hair out with all your stuff?

Part of my issue is that I don't have specific themes in mind for each room. Or if I do pick something I change my mind later. So I wind up saving everything in case I "want it for a theme later". I'm curious how other people handle the madness of items - what do you keep? What do you sell? What do you mail to neighbors?

I need help :blush:

I usually sell whatever is reorderable, but if I absolutely need to keep it, I store stuff in my upstair museum. I have all 4 rooms packed with sets & art & bushes and junk. I usually see what set the villager originally has & only send them things from that set. For instance, Fauna gets alpine furniture and Coco gets exotic furniture. I know a lot of people like to keep their villagers houses in their original state, but that's almost impossible for me.

Just sell the reorderables and consider if you'll actually need the unorderables. That's what I do. :) But that's never happened to me really ;3

I sell everything I know I can order and everything that's unorderable I put in my museum. c:

I have a theme for each room of my house except for my main one, which has a lot of furniture from the classic set and other things that have the antique theme. The rest have a full set in them. I have the cabin series, gorgeous series, rococo series, the sloppy series, and in my basement I have stuff that's cool looking and DLC. Other stuff I sell, unless a villager has screwed up their house and it matches what they have. If I can't find a place for an unorderable item, I put it in storage.

Last edited:
I sell everything, I hate clutter and some of the unique items are easy to trade for. I'm only keeping the animals pictures.

I sell pretty much everything that I don't like. The rest that won't fit in my house goes in the museum and in my other character's houses.

I sell pretty much everything that I don't like. The rest that won't fit in my house goes in the museum and in my other character's houses.

I made a second character a while ago as a "holding" character, but I quickly just started to collect clutter with her too - on top of wanting to decorate her house all cute too.

I'm in awe of the people who have 4 characters and perfectly organized houses and towns. I want to set up paths in my town but am totally at a loss about how to do it! Probably because my trees and flowers and PWP are all scattered and crazy!

I have this issue as well. I've filled the museum rooms and my closet by now. I made a second character to hold things too, but it's not that best way to do it because I keep having to switch between the 2. I keep every single unreorderable thing I find, so my closet filled quick. Blargh. My only advice would be to try parting with the things you aren't that attached to. I know it's difficult, but it's about the only way to stop the clutter.

Back