• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

I have a question about favorite AC fruits

I’ve always liked apples the best and made sure they were my native in NH. I think the reason I cared about it was because I played NL, and in NL perfect fruit was a thing, so if you wanted to grow perfect apples, they had to be your native. In NH, you could totally just chop all of your native fruit trees and replace them if you wanted to, so it doesn’t really matter now.
I loved my groves of golden peaches in NL. I really hope we get perfect fruit in this game even if we have to wait a while for it.

when i started, i knew that i wanted peaches as my native fruit - i wasn’t picky about anything else besides maybe the location of rs but the main thing i wanted was peaches and i reset about 7-8 times before i got them. and tbh? i kinda regret it LMAO. i still like the peaches and the peach furniture is definitely my favourite out of the fruit items but i kind of like the look of the apples more now and kind of wish they were my native fruit instead lol - i did get apples at one point while resetting and it’s kind of wild to think about how different my island would be if i had gone with that one. my airport colour would probably be different, my character’s starting clothes would probably be different, my starter villagers would be different and my map would be different. definitely wild to think about :0

This was my first AC game so I didn't even stop to look at those things...but now I kinda like that my airport and native fruit match.

all i know is i'm just tired of having pears. gamecube, new leaf, and new horizons. i've them as native fruit. it's following me! but i don't really reset just to change my fruit. i liked the first map, airport color, and first set of villagers when i first played acnh. i thought you can't change airport color, but you can still have all the fruit trees.

Honestly, it didn't matter to me for New Horizons. I made sure to research about whether or not perfect fruit existed, and once I found out it didn't, I no longer cared. That was the only thing that would have made the native fruit important. (If they choose to introduce it later, I'm screwed lol. Although peaches are a great middle ground, but i would have chosen apples if perfect fruit existed). I honestly don't understand resetting for that either. I think it might just be a reflex from how the games worked previously. Or maybe people are holding out hope for a perfect fruit update.

I originally wanted apples when I was starting my island, but I didn't want to restart at all for anything so I went with one of the first four maps shown to me. I ended up with oranges and a green airport. I love both of these things now. I'm glad I followed my rule of not restarting for something, because if I started restarting for one thing, I have no clue how long it would have taken me to actually start playing the game instead of trying to get whatever I thought was the perfect map at the time.

I try not to care about these things as much as, and I'm happy with the first thing I got (apple, green airport) though I maybe would have liked resident services to be a bit further away from the airport. Ultimately, I like making do with what I have though as that's part of the fun for me :)

I didn't reset for a specific native fruit (though I really didn't want pears), but I was hoping for one i didn't have in my NL towns. Oranges are my favorite and I was lucky enough to get them together with the green airport I was going for.

I remembering intensely wanting peaches as my native fruit when I started playing NH. I just liked them the best! When I got them I was happy but I'm not sure I'd have reset if I didn't. I haven't really thought of them as my native fruit since.

I think if you were to try to play without the ability to make trades, it would be very important but since 99% of people do, it doesn't make sense anymore to me. The same with native flowers! Like you can't go to Nooks or visit Leif and get 10000s of different seeds! I just don't really think about those kinds of things anymore!

Never really cared to begin with, I had pears for forever and I got pears again in NH lol

I’ve answered this similar question on another thread but most people reset for fruits for the following reasons:

- They don’t have online and they have no way to trade.
- Fruit kind of gives your island a sense of identity. It’s kind of your specialty so in a way it’s a representation of sorts.
- Aesthetic. Foresty towns look so great with apples and cherries. Tropical ones look best with oranges. Pastel lovers love peaches.
- Furniture. Your native fruit’s furniture will be in your starter lazy’s house.
- Native drink. This cute little detail adds such a cute uniqueness to the island. The cherries (they’re pink and cute) and oranges (that little orange slice on the mason jars) look so distinct and they’re so cute when the villagers carry them around and drink them.
- The possibility of perfect fruit. They could add it back in an update. Better safe than sorry.

Personally, I could work with ANY fruit BUT pears. I didn’t reset for a specific fruit but pears are automatic reset for me. I don’t like the way it looks on the trees (no contrast) two seasons out of four and I’m not fond of its perfect fruit nor its furniture. The cherries and peaches are cute and girly. The apples and oranges are classic. IMO, peaches and apples have the best furniture but cherries and oranges have the best native drink. So you really can’t lose with any of those and resetting won’t be necessary since they all have their own pros. I just personally don’t care for pears.

Honestly NH is my first animal crossing game so I didn’t even know the airport and native fruits were different by island. I have an orange airport and apples, but even though I love the look of pears I’m happy with my selected ones :)

I was originally resetting for fruits- but then I got Bam as one of my starters and wanted to keep him. 🤷‍♀️ I kind of regret it, as I got pears and they're boring looking- I want that different stamp and different drink. I'd never reset my island at this point for something so trivial, though. Too much work put into it.

I also never understood resetting for hours and hours just to get certain variables. It seems so tedious to me, and kind of takes the fun out of the beginning of the game because you are trying to be totally in control. Sometimes its nice to have things decided for you and for you to just roll with it.

Back