• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

I Bet You Didn't Know...

I bet you didn't know that if you left your gates open and you shook trees you wouldn't ever get stung

And the same is true for mosquitoes. Open gate=no mosquitos.

Betcha' didn't know that all the walking sounds on all the various surfaces are recordings of the main AC sound designer walking through stuff himself. And all the bug noises are actual bugs he recorded.

And betcha' didn't know that K.K. Slider (Totakeke in Japan) is named for/modelled after the lead composer.

ETA: the above info came from this very cool series of 2 short articles. Enjoy!

Last edited:
And the same is true for mosquitoes. Open gate=no mosquitos.

Betcha' didn't know that all the walking sounds on all the various surfaces are recordings of the main AC sound designer walking through stuff himself. And all the bug noises are actual bugs he recorded.

And betcha' didn't know that K.K. Slider (Totakeke in Japan) is named for/modelled after the lead composer.

ETA: the above info came from this very cool series of 2 short articles. Enjoy!
Really? Off topic but I believe the Koopalings from NSMBWii make the same walking sounds too. You know. Walking barefoot on stone.

I bet you didn't know that if you use a glitch to put Isabelle on the beach during PWP placement and go near the ocean and tell her you want the PWP there, she'll say "Well, let's see... it's so close to the ocean that it'd be very difficult to place it here..."

Now why is she programmed to say this if you can't even go to the beach to place a PWP? Does that mean that the developers had planned for you to put PWP's on the beach but decided we had enough creative freedom and took that away from us?

I bet you didn't know if you donate a piranha to the museum, the little guy will constantly bang against the glass if you get too close to his tank~

Betcha didn't know this: If a villager invites you into their house, and you go through their closets and dressers, if you find something, they'll let you keep it.

Bet you didn't know that's if you go to a dream town a villiger will recognise you if you have them in your town, but if you go into the town for real they won't have a clue who you are.

Betcha didn't know that if you customize furniture enough Cyrus may offer to do one project not only for free but right away, no need to wait 30 minutes!

Bet you didnt know that when reading a NEW bulletin message, a bird icon will appear at the top of the message but when viewing an OLD (previously read) message there will instead just be a blue circle tack.

Bet you didn't know that Nana's name and her catchphrase "popo" is an Ice Climbers reference, which had two Eskimo siblings named Nana and Popo.

Back