• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

HUGE Data Mine Reveal *Warning: Spoilers*

I currently have my secret beach decorated as a cute little romantic picnic spot LOL. Might have to change that if these rumors turn out to be true.

I have mixed feeling about adding more buildings. I wish they would tell us ahead of time so we could have planned better. It will be annoying having to move things around/replanning areas to make it all work.

I NEED bushes on my island. I miss them so much from New Leaf. I am really hoping they are coming on Earth Day!

I'm wiggling in my seat after reading that. I really hope it's all true! I would LOVE if we can swim and dive again!!

As someone who usually has ample space on my island, I'm actually really excited to have more buildings to place around, but I can sympathize with you guys who don't have as much open space to work with. It may be kind of challenging having to move things around and find the room.
Normally, I'm also excited for more buildings and even if I already planned every spot on my island, finding spots for new buildings will be not that hard for me. However, it is kinda a waste of space if they aren't that useful? In my opinion, I don't think the museum shop is so important to turn it into a standalone building.

However, it is kinda a waste of space if they aren't that useful? In my opinion, I don't think the museum shop is so important to turn it into a standalone building.
Agreed! I'd personally rather have it inside the museum itself, but if they end up making it separate, I'll have to put it next to the museum. Or I may end up treating it like a souvenir shop and maybe putting it towards the airport? We'll have to see what actually ends up happening ^_^

I'm excited for these updates, but not so excited to hear that we so many standalone buildings. It'll be hard to place all of them. Specially a "museum shop"??? Shouldn't that be in the museum?
I'm not too bothered by it because I'm not big into the terraforming/decoration (other than like flowers and stuff) aspect of this game, so I have a bunch of empty spaces in my town. But for those who are I can see how potential new buildings would be frustrating. That's one of the downsides to this update-as-you-go system they've been using.

I'm looking forward to the museum shop! Hopefully it means we can convince Celeste to stay on our island and run the shop like she did in NL. Maybe we'd have to collect a certain number of her recipes first which could be a tad annoying

Next up, if you’re an avid gardener or landscaper you will be pleased to know bushes might be introduced. There are currently 6 bushes listed including azalea, hibiscus, holly, hydrangea, camellia and osmathus (also known as olive). The exact bush types have changed between the 1.0 and 1.4 update so they may not be the final choices but I think it’s safe to assume this important feature may make a return.
Just to add a little bit to this, when I was leaving the very first mystery island tour I ever went on, at the part where Wilbur says "Ready to punt pontoons and fly soaring [name of one of the game's flowers] back to [island name]?" Instead of saying the name of one of the flowers in the game, he said "soaring hibiscus." I wish I had taken a screenshot, but I didn't think it was anything unusual at the time, apart from the fact that I was pretty sure hibiscus bushes weren't in the game. I had just assumed he said hibiscus every time. Obviously, this is nothing major, but it's on par with some other things that people have seen mentioned in dialogue even though they aren't in the game (yet).

Ah Azrael I have also currently used my secret little beach as a romantic picnic spot! I can just imagine it now... popping open a bottle of champagne and sharing some chocolate dipped strawberries with the boyfriend when all of a sudden a ship honk loudly next to the shore. Out pops a scruffy fox like ERE WOT, U WANA BUY SOME ART!? ><

I don’t mind standalone buildings but I do think there needs to be a way to expand the island if that’s the case. I suggested that maybe the dock gets upgraded into a boardwalk in the future but I highly doubt that will happen .-.

Also I feel the the museum shop should be in the museum rather than be a standalone store because I rarely ever used it in NL. They better have some useful or interesting stuff to make up for that imo.

Back