• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

How would you react if there was an animal crossing game that had everything good from every AC game and had gorgeous graphics.

PowerPlus

Your average casual gamer B)
Bells
Switch
0068-8999-1292
I would be like. Finally a way to play a more competent animal crossing on the switch or next gen console.

I don’t think there’s really a way to answer this question. I’ve talked about this on other posts, but everyone has a different definition of “good.” Nintendo would need to make literally hundreds of different copies just to cater to everyone’s personal wants and needs. It’s just not efficient.

I think what makes a good game is the flaws. Things would get pretty boring if everything was absolutely perfect. Just think, a person could be “I want this villager” and they would just appear with no effort on anyone’s part? That would get old pretty fast. I think villager hunting is part of the fun.

What the above poster said. There will never be an Animal Crossing that pleases everybody. Example:
  • General consensus is that the dialogue of PG! and WW's was good because of how villagers could insult you for no reason. To a lot of people, it's funny and helps distinguish the characters. You have a smaller group of people who prefer the games where villagers don't verbally attack you, and generally prefer the nicer characterizations they've been given. You have an even smaller group of people, such as myself, who find both extremes annoying, because meaningful should be about building relationship with your neighbors, not about how many insults or gifts they throw at you. The writing in these games don't do a good job of it, due to the fact that it operates on RNG, rather than through some sort of disposition system that lower or raises, depending on how you treat them, having said opinion reflect what villagers will say to you. That's good dialogue.
  • Villagers moving out on their own volition was a harsh, but valuable lesson to treasure the villagers that you do have; you might never see them again, otherwise. To be fair, this system was trash until NL made it so villagers would tell you when someone was planning to move, and you have a generous ten days if you updated the game to convince the evicting villager to stay. People still don't like the idea of villagers moving out, so that's why we have villagers asking your permission in the next game, as oppose to doing it themselves, rather you know about it or not.
It's more fun to imagine my own Animal Crossing game based on what I liked about the series; trying to cater to everyone's preference would be exhausting.

There is no way an Animal Crossing can have everything "good" from across the series because that's not how the industry works and because the fandom is way too large and diverse (and some people are hypocrite and full of double standards) to reach a consensus of what's "good".

The dream-like game that people thought New Horizons was going to be is never gonna happen- there's too many features, items, things, characters, etc on the series that having everything on a single game is plainly impossible unless the developers manage to get quasi-infinite resources (including time- and Animal Crossing fans won't be willing to wait 10 years for the perfect entry to happen so the devs already run into problems there).

Back