White Pansy
White Pansy
White Pansy
Tasty Cake
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Red Cosmos
Red Cosmos
White Cosmos
I've missed Joan so much due to my weird sleep schedule, but lately I've been buying turnips regularly a lot more.

Since it's a good money-making feature of the game, I'd expect that a lot of people would use it, but then again, there are a lot of time travelers too!!

I don't buy them a lot because I am just not good at stock market type stuff. With this forum, I imagine it is pretty easy to make a nice profit, so I may try to start buying more often!

I buy them when I know I can make a pretty sizable profit on them. I try to make sure I have a place to sell them before I buy them so I don't end up losing my entire savings.

i'll only buy them if i have a good turnip price in my main town. if i do, i'll buy them on another copy of new leaf, and then transfer them over.

trying to get the gold turnip badge so aye

I was buying them on a weekly basis for a while. Not for the bells, I was aiming for the badges. Unfortunately, the town where I used to go and sell them changed the date and the prices fell. So I haven't been buying them recently. Still stuck on the silver badge right now

if i see her, i'll buy them, if i don't happen to play, i won't actively go and play just to buy turnips. i see them as a hassle, more than anything.

I've bought turnips a few times but I forget I have them and they spoil. It's a total waste of money for me.

I'm another that isn't overly bothered with it - and I could do as I have more than one town. I think I've bought them twice when I had a high spike in one town, but it was boring and took a lot of time. I'd far rather do a quick evening trip to my own island on a daily basis and eventually get the same result. (High spikes don't come that often).

Not very often anymore. I have to earn the turnip badge on two more characters, though, so I'll be buying more at some point.

i used to buy in bulk every sunday for about a month, made sure to set aside millions solely for turnips so that way i could wait for a good price and get profit! great way to get the gold badge this way c: !

I tried in Wild World, but they always spoiled before I remembered to sell them. for me, fishing or bug catching is preferable to earn bells.

i used to buy in bulk every sunday for about a month, made sure to set aside millions solely for turnips so that way i could wait for a good price and get profit! great way to get the gold badge this way c: !

Thanks for the tip! I never actually thought of that and the only reason I ever bought them was for the badge :)

i dont buy turnips
but myabe once i finish on college il buy a lot so i could quickly get my turnip badge pretty fast

Only buy when one of my towns is in the 600 and over price. I have a spare town that can jump to Sunday and buy turnips.
Dig holes around Joan to keep her in place and 2 players buy. It's a lot of working filling lockers and than selling them all on the same day. All my real towns players have the turnip badges.

Badge Tip. Let one of your extra players buy the turnips and drop them on sell day. The mayor will get the full amount since they didn't buy.

Back in the summer of 2013 I was buying them every week. Between late 2013 and early 2014 after I got the gold turnip badge I went to only buying them depending on 2 things which I still use today- how early I play on Sundays, and if the price is LESS than 100 (99 or lower). If I play on Sunday morning, and Joan has them for like 101, I won't buy. If I play on a Sunday afternoon, clearly I missed Joan! If I play on Sunday morning, and she has turnips for 99, I'll buy as many as I can. I've lost bells a few times this way, but hey, it's all good, I only spend about 100,000 bells on turnips now, so I don't lose that much when I do lose.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Only buy when one of my towns is in the 600 and over price. I have a spare town that can jump to Sunday and buy turnips.
Dig holes around Joan to keep her in place and 2 players buy. It's a lot of working filling lockers and than selling them all on the same day. All my real towns players have the turnip badges.

Badge Tip. Let one of your extra players buy the turnips and drop them on sell day. The mayor will get the full amount since they didn't buy.

Hey! That's how I got my gold badge!! You've found the tip too, because all 4 get money rocks (or ore rocks if they all use silver shovels), so I used to save up during the week with them and have those 3 buying them, and the mayor would sell everyone's! Got me the gold badge without using anyone's town!

Back