• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

How much would you sell your town for?

shannenenen

grilled cheese expert
Bells
Blue Candy
Green Candy
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
Winter Mittens
I'm looking into selling my town and restarting with the same mayor, name, and everything just so I can fully experience the Welcome Amiibo update, decide where to put my campground ramp, and fix a few other things about this town that I haven't been very fond of. I haven't had my town for very long, only about five months, but Tom Nook is only offering me 5.5 million bells for it. Any idea what factors he considers when appraising your town?

Also, how much would YOU sell your town for? Do you agree with Tom Nook's appraisal?

I'm never gonna restart or sell my town. Too much time and work.

Considering that I hacked/edited my map to be completely unique, no amount would be worth it to me.

I don't think I'd sell my town at all, unless I already really wanted to restart it for some reason. It's easy enough to make bells selling things in a shop on this forum, so bells don't give me much more incentive to restart. Plus I've had my town since the day the game came out, and I'd like to keep that date on my town pass card thing.

Last edited:
I was paid almost 50 mil and I'm thrilled. I'm making a woodsy town to go with the new campground.

I wish I didn't reset my town 1 day before the update rip
It was pretty developed as well

My old town was probably worth about 25 mil, but I can just get that money with [intense] stag hunting.
My newer town so far is probably about 300,000.

Even if I was offered 999,999,999 bells, I don't think I'd want to sell any of my towns at this point.

I wouldn't even sell mine for 1 billion bells because I'd still have to catch all these bugs and fish again. That is the only thing that keeps me from resetting ever lol

Mine was worth over 134,000,000 Bells, not including my catalog. But I would never sell my town, not even for a billion Bells. There's just too much time and effort put into it.

mine was appraised at like, 25 million.
I'd sell my town for that. will be doing so later, in fact.
I wish I could just downgrade my house instead, honestly. I am mainly doing it because I regret making my house so big. :| I am going to take house expansions very slowly this time around. to be sure I actually want them. but since the only villager in town that I care about is Tammy, why not sell and start over
#yolo

Mine was appraised at 999,999,999 bells, lol.
so I sold it. And I'm restarting. I wanted to restart anyways because I was hiatus for months and lost a ton of my favorite villagers. :) so it worked out for me!

Mine was appraised at 999,999,999 bells, lol.
so I sold it. And I'm restarting. I wanted to restart anyways because I was hiatus for months and lost a ton of my favorite villagers. :) so it worked out for me!

How did you get that so high oml

I sold mine for just under 50 million bells. I'm working on a woodsy town this time around, named Clover. :3

Last edited:
All of my towns are fairly new, except Bunifrey. And there is no amount of bells or anything else that Tom Nook/anyone could offer me to reset that town. It means way too much to me...and bells can easily be gotten.

As for your situation, it would depend on if YOU think that would be enough money to get a new town started.

Back