• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

How much have you learned about fish/bugs from playing Animal Crossing?

Salad Buns

Bells
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Hi, first thread besides my introduction one. ouo/

I've realized that playing these games, especially New Leaf, catching the bugs and fish for the museum has really expanded my knowledge on them. I just happened upon a post about Ribbon Eel's on Tumblr, and knew exactly what it was.

Has anyone else really gotten a knack for recognizing them too? :D

UMM YES. I literally only know things from Animal Crossing xD I saw an arapaima in Chicago and freaked ahaha :>

I learned about all of these different types of actual fish and bugs. I didn't know every single fish/bug was real in animal crossing, i just thought they were made up. :O So I learned about what names fish/bugs have along with what they look like!

I learned a lot about fish and bugs playing ACNL. I learned that if I see a shark in the water, I should swim toward it to scare it away. Also, if I'm being chased by a swarm of bees, I should just swing a net at the swarm and I'll catch one while the rest of the swarm flies away from me.

I've learned a little bit. I knew a lot of these critters already, because I've always been interested in biology (especially marine biology, and more recently, entomology), but I've discovered a few species I didn't know about, and learned some new things about ones I already knew.

I've learned that there are an endless amount of jokes or puns you can use when catching fish or bugs

Well you already know how much I've learned since we live in the same house. Now we see that River Monster's guy and recognize almost every one of those freaking nightmares he wrestles out of the water :)

Well you already know how much I've learned since we live in the same house. Now we see that River Monster's guy and recognize almost every one of those freaking nightmares he wrestles out of the water :)

OMG you watch River Monsters too?! Ahahaha, that's how I recognize the fish in that show too, LOL! xD

Can you believe the stuff he pulls out of the water.. The TEETH are unreal!

Yeah, it's kind of useful! I learned through out the game which season and time was best trying to catch a certain kind of fish from the back of my head and so on, I like the little comments they present to you when you catch stuff though it gets pretty repetitive ahaha x3

Haha! I'm glad I'm not the only one!!

Actually I learned quite a lot about fish and bugs from AC. I saw my first arapaima this year and kept yammering on to my hubs about it until he finally went "it's in Animal Crossing isn't it?" :D

A lot actually! I've been to the New England Aquarium and I was surprised at how many fish I could identify because of the game. I was even able to answer some of the questions the aquarium workers asked when doing presentations/demonstrations.

For a lot of fish I discovered the English name for them through animal crossing... I only knew the Korean names for them before.

A lot! Whenever my mom says video games aren't good for you and stuff I ramble on about all the things I've learned from Animal Crossing. I've also been able to name several fish we've seen and when we read some article about the Rafflesia in class it was called something else and I think I was the only one that knew it was also called a Rafflesia, although I pronounced it wrong >.<

Like nothing. I always used to skip blathers speech. But I did learn that seabass in the most annoying fish ever.

I've learned that tropical beetles are terrifying. Seriously, they make a lot of bells but even in a video game they give me the creeps.

mostly learnt to see the difference between different bugs. I've also learnt more names of fish and bugs in English, since it isn't my first language there were a lot of names I didn't know before playig Animal Crossing.

Back