• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

How much have you learned about fish/bugs from playing Animal Crossing?

I've seen pictures of bugs and fish and I've known exactly what they were because of the game. I saw a picture of a guy with a beetle on his arm and knew right away that it was a horned elephant. It was HUGE.

Isn't Salad Buns a cutie? For those of you who don't know, she is my daughter :) #proudmama

Isn't Salad Buns a cutie? For those of you who don't know, she is my daughter :) #proudmama

Hope my little one becomes an ACNL nut one day <3

In regards to the topic, I often boast of my 'knowledge' to my poor fiance, who enjoys watching nature documentaries. I saw an ocean sunfish on the TV and I just freaked. xD

i didnt know golden stags exist until i got to the island and i also got to know about the existence of a massive majestic blue fish which is the napolean fish

I went to a Natural History Museum in Milan, and found it hilarious that I knew so much about the bugs because of New Leaf xD

There are a lot of butterflies floating around on my college campus, so I just started identifying them because of Animal Crossing. One of the cool ones I've found was the tiger butterfly.

I've learned NEVER to go deep sea diving. And that I love Isopod Isosquad :)

Cicadas aren't common where I live so I didn't know about them until New Leaf and I was surprise when I learned that they exist and actually do scream like that.

Back