• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

How do you cope with being alone?

You shouldn’t have to feel like you have to be introverted all the time as a person, and stay inside. If you do, there’s a problem with the society you’re living in. Be the change you want to see. If people don’t like it, ignore them.

i don't cope well, it's just a lot of tears and sometimes binge eating which is horrid. i'm a homeschooled kid who lives a bit away from town. so i'm isolated in that way as well. i only see my mom, dad and tutor on a regular basis P:

either some good ol escapism or constantly refreshing my social media feeds so i don't have to be alone with my own thoughts for too long. fun stuff

on better days i'll go outside and take a walk or maybe talk to friends

I'm lucky to have my boyfriend to lean on when I need it, but if he's not around the things that help me are lots of housework (cleaning and such), exercising, watching videos or playing games, if its bad enough ill try to reach out to old friends I've lost touch with but that doesn't always work lol ;; also creative things like painting or drawing, finding new things to learn. Basically just looking for positive distractions! And family ofc :^)

I feel most lonely when there's something I want to talk about but then I realize I have absolutely no one to talk to about it. Maybe because it's too personal, maybe just because I don't know anyone else with that interest.

If it's personal I usually write about it in my diary. If it's too rambly for my diary, I write about it in a blog post and I post it to a blog I have that no one knows about and no one follows. Even though probably no one reads it, sometimes it feels good to know it's out there for the world to see.

If it's because no one I know in real life would know what I'm talking about, lol it usually doesn't turn out well for me because the only option I see is to go online and try to engage people there, but it usually doesn't work. I'm bad at making online friends or even getting people to really engage what I say. This forum is a bit of an exception, since people here are really friendly, but with other fan communities I've had worse experiences.

So, how do I deal with being alone? I try to get everything off my chest in whatever way I can.

- - - Post Merge - - -

i don't cope well, it's just a lot of tears and sometimes binge eating which is horrid. i'm a homeschooled kid who lives a bit away from town. so i'm isolated in that way as well. i only see my mom, dad and tutor on a regular basis P:

Wow, that sounds really suck :c I've had periods of time when my mom was the only person I really had to talk to, and they're not usually happy times. I hope you find friends and times to hang out with people even though you don't get to see them at school every day.

I do not cope well with loneliness, at all.
If I don't have someone to talk to, my mind tends to wander to bad places/memories and cause me to feel down. I live with my boyfriend, so usually he helps keep me entertained and happy.
If I have to be alone for a few hours, I try to distract myself by drawing, playing games, or working out.

It takes me like 3-4 days without talking to anybody to start feeling the itch to get out. It's actually a huge issue because the people I am close to are worrying about me, meanwhile I'm just chillin' out enjoying life. My advice to people who feel lonely is to find a hobby that you love doing and can take up a lot of your time, and do that when you have alone time. If you're doing something you love, time will pass a lot more quickly. :)

I was gonna say I don't cope but Antonio already said it.

I actually just spent like 4 days crying nonstop because I basically have no close friends (in real-life) anymore and it's really upsetting. Also the fact that college is stressing me the hell out and my family is so toxic doesn't help at all.

I essentially cope by telling myself I'm not good enough for anyone.

- - - Post Merge - - -

My advice to people who feel lonely is to find a hobby that you love doing and can take up a lot of your time, and do that when you have alone time. If you're doing something you love, time will pass a lot more quickly. :)
What if you have no desire to do anything at all, even something you'd normally enjoy?
That's me 100%

I cope by either listening to music, just relaxing, or talking with my best friend.

Nowadays when it’s summer, I actually relish my alone time... when I’m at university, I tend to become 50% introverted/50% extroverted. Though there are times now when I’m home that I want to be around people, and thankfully I have several opportunities to do that every week. :)

Back