• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.

High School Media

calamitybot

Future Ghost
Bells
Switch
4715-4217-7117
Blue Hybrid Rose
White Violet
White Violet
White Violet
Purple Violet
Coco
Flea
October Birthstone (Opal)
Okay, I've noticed that I'm a sucker for high school movies, or just media that has highschoolers as it's main characters. Why? Is it because I'm a highschooler, and thusly these stories are very relatable for me currently? Please discuss your age and view on high school media below.
Here's a list of stuff I REALLY like that focuses on highschoolers:
1. Total Drama series
2. Be More Chill
3. Heathers media
4. Mean Girls media
5. 6teen cartoon
I don't really like the thought that the media that I like the most is primarily dictated by well I can relate to the characters and their settings, as opposed to fantastical ideas.

I love games, books, and movies that focus around high school and I'm 26. Even though I'm no longer within that age group I still find the characters relatable because I've obviously had the experience of once having been a teenager.

You HAVE to watch Freaks and Geeks! It is maybe the greatest and most realistic high school show ever made, and probably beats other movies. There's so many "I've been there" moments. Also, you get to watch an awkward and young, yet totally adorable Seth Rogen and James Franco.

I only get sick of high school media because I'm an anime fan. Way, way too much anime takes place in schools. It feels like a breath of fresh air whenever you watch one that doesn't.

Anyway, it's old now, but Boy Meets World is still my favorite high school TV show. It's not realistic per se, but it's funny.

You HAVE to watch Freaks and Geeks! It is maybe the greatest and most realistic high school show ever made, and probably beats other movies. There's so many "I've been there" moments. Also, you get to watch an awkward and young, yet totally adorable Seth Rogen and James Franco.

Seconded!!

riverdale is probably the worst depiction of high school you can get lmao

i think its cool when shows take place in a high school but its not really something im crazy about. but maybe thats just because im in high school so i cant quite relate to a lot of experiences that happen later down the road in high school. i'm sure i'll appreciate high school movies and stuff when i graduate more than i do now. although i hate high school at the moment so maybe not lmao

I like it from time to time when I'm in the mood for it.
I'm 21 and in university.
Most high school media isn't thaaat relatable to me because I'm not from the US (or from Japan if we're talking anime).

Definitely 6teen, High School Musical (sue me LOL), and Totally Drama Island. Idk if Teen Titans counts xD I haven't watched these since around middle school or early high school (about a decade ago), but would watch 6teen and Teen Titans again.

Last edited:
Back