• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

HHD Cards are new E-Reader Cards?

uwuzumakii

memento mori
Bells
Spring Sakura
Leaf Ticket Easter Egg
Rotating Fool's Egg
Togepi Easter Egg
Isabelle
Perfect Cherry
Mango
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Festival Lantern
Plum Blossom
I have noticed that the HHD cards and the E-Reader cards both look quite similar. Here is a comparison:

E-Reader Bluebear.jpg HHD Card Isabelle.jpg (Sorry the sizes are different, I couldn't find any similar ones. :p)

Now, if you look at both of them, they both have numbers that indicate they are in a set, both have a special stamp or marking, and both are in a special pose. Does anyone else see the similarities? I sure do.

Last edited:
It might just be because they are both cards for animal crossing, produced by nintendo. Hopefully the HHD will serve a purpose in future animal crossing games (aside from HHD). From what I remember using e-reader cards only got you a letter from that villager with a certain item, and those cards became pointless (though still nice for those who are fans and want to collect) once the next AC game came out :l

It might just be because they are both cards for animal crossing, produced by nintendo. Hopefully the HHD will serve a purpose in future animal crossing games (aside from HHD). From what I remember using e-reader cards only got you a letter from that villager with a certain item, and those cards became pointless (though still nice for those who are fans and want to collect) once the next AC game came out :l

and rare NES games, I have the Mario Brothers one.

Yeah, it's pretty clear they're basing the amiibo cards off the e-reader cards given you know they produced the e-reader ones in the past, and already had a form factor to work from.

Back