• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Have you made terrible mistakes in your town?

I didn't plot resett when Aurora moved in (after inviting her from the campsite). She put her house right in back of Town Hall.
I resett/deleted my old town before I got to the stage when I could sell it. I didn't realize at the time that the town tree had to be at a certain stage in order to sell your town.

Seems like Aurora was keeping tabs on Isabelle and you. 😱

Oh..ouch. I wouldn't have know that too about the town tree/selling town. That's a bummer, sorry. 😕

I reset my town because I wanted a different theme, and I sent Stitches to the void. I should've had someone hold onto him!

I wanted to show off the coelacanth I caught to my friend, because they didn't believe me.
You can guess what I did instead.

I wanted to show off the coelacanth I caught to my friend, because they didn't believe me.
You can guess what I did instead.

Ohmigosh..I have done that before. I tried to shrug it off even though it's a slow burn.

I wish I had never put in a police station or campsite in my Joy town. I consider those a mistake, but I learned to live with them.

I hate where I put my house..
I can't really plant what I want around it and it seems that the villagers love to move right in front of it.

So many towns, so many mistakes... Probably one of the biggest mistakes I've ever made - and continue to make periodically - is going on unexpected hiatus for so long that I end up losing favorite villagers. Caused me to completely reset a town I had worked super hard on a year or two ago. Most recently, I'm not sure if I'd consider it a mistake, but I started a new town and let villagers move in before I realized we can now manipulate more easily where villager's houses go. So I've been pretty dissatisfied with how my town is set up and I have this image of what I actually want in mind. I think I might just reset it since the town is barely developed at all, and I know I'll be happier if get villagers placed exactly how I'm imagining them.
In one of my other towns I have five of them all in a beautiful row because I tried the whole pattern-placing plot reset trick, and there has never been a more satisfying feeling...

Not naming my town Innsmouth. I'm transforming my town into a kinda Twin Peaks/Lovecraftian horror town and I totally missed a golden opportunity :(.

I did in my first town. I placed one of those big fire pits somewhere random and awful without realizing it was one of those projects that couldn't be demolished (if I remember correctly? I honestly don't know why it wouldn't be able to be demolished, but I haven't tried again because they're kindaaaaa ugly anyway). After resetting, I'm a lot more careful about where I put stuff now, and am pleased with what I have so far. I placed my campsite before the Welcome Amiibo update, and by sheer luck the pathway to the new camp ground is right beside it so it feels like I did it on purpose lol.

idk if i've made any mistakes yet, i'm just really bad at placing paths where they look good

i'd have to say my mistake was letting my villagers plot their houses wherever they want lol. my town kinda ugly

Plenty. I would have to say moving in Sandy and Carrie just to rid of Drake and Eugene, who I now realize would have moved out on their own quicker than Sandy and Carrie will.
Building the Reset Center is another one. I had no idea what its function was until it was too late. The only good thing that came out of it was getting to get back at Resetti and having Don come after a certain time if you reset by accident.

I've made a few mistakes but some notable ones are scanning in the amiibo figure for Callie without researching first to see whether they'd move out quickly or naturally. I regretted it because I let Genji go (because where he lived was where I wanted to place my cafe and I later found out the cafe wouldn't fit there anyway) and because all my other villagers were permanent I realized I couldn't even invite him back without using another amiibo to force Cece out. The next mistake I made was placing my police station before all of my other public work projects, and I quickly regretted the placement. I probably would've kept the town if I hadn't placed it where I did.

Last edited:
I think the things I've regretted the most would be messing up with villager plotting and losing bushes, hybrids, etc. in the process, or messing up with PWPs in general. On several occasions I've started PWPs then pretty much immediately regretted the placement or decided a different structure would look better in that spot instead. I hate ending up with dirt patches that I have to fix later on with trees and flowers and such lol. Another mistake would be time traveling and losing villagers accidentally bc I'm too impatient. On the up side, I'm pretty happy with the map I chose so I haven't had to reset my town or anything!

I'd say one of my biggest mistakes is not doing the reset trick when I moved in amiibo villagers (or not being patient enough to wait for a better spot to come up and then giving up). Nearly every single villager I've moved in has moved in a horrible spot, but some of them I don't want to ever move out so I'm stuck with them. In my last town I only had one or two out of the fifty or so villagers I had move in a bad spot so I never had to use the reset trick for plot placement, but now I'm getting the opposite luck.

I also made the mistake of deleting the town I created right after the update, which had a layout I loved, for a really silly reason and reset over a hundred times after that and never came across a town I liked as much. The one I have now is alright, but I wish I hadn't deleted my last one.

That's hilarious OP! He's rocking it tbh :p

I make this mistake occasionally: accidentally digging up clovers/bushes/flowers instead of the intended X or stray flower/dandelion puff.

That's hilarious OP! He's rocking it tbh :p

I make this mistake occasionally: accidentally digging up clovers/bushes/flowers instead of the intended X or stray flower/dandelion puff.

I do that too! I had a special tree stump and I wanted to get the fossil/truffle. Ended up shucking the stump and I just stood there, contemplating if I did anything important before. It hurts when you do that.

Back