Worst video games that you have played?

PokĆ©mon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, which was jarringly childish compared to Explorers of Sky and absolutely crammed with toxic positivity. šŸ˜­ And kind of problematic in some instances, like iirc Gurdurr was a builder who suffered a permanent, debilitating back injury that left him unable to do work like he used to. He became heartbroken and turned to scamming people to get by, until he had a change of heart thanks to the main characters. So like, he found another, similar career that still made him happy, right? Maybe like an architecture designer, or he focuses on running shop while his Timburr assistants do the hard physical labor that he's no longer able to do? NOPE, he just needed to try harder and think positively šŸ™ƒ one change of mindset and he's running around building houses again like nothing ever happened.

This is coming from someone who's painfully idealistic and hates bittersweet outcomes to the point of indecision, but the game's continual rejection of any realistic, pragmatic, or god forbid, slightly cynical thinking in favor of "just think positively!!" (to the point where thinking any other way was literally causing the apocalypse) felt shallow and deeply patronizing. actual worlds away from how heartfelt and moving EoS was
I lost interest in Gates to Infinity after being unable to defeat Gurdurr and Scraggy for over a year and remember that this was still only the very beginning of the game and my character was Axew which didnā€™t have any type disadvantages to either boss and my partner was Pikachu. After l finally defeated them, my enthusiasm was completely gone and I didnā€™t want to play the game anymore.

Back