• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Have you ever bought a game without looking into it? How was it?

Bought OneShot without knowing what the hell it was about or what you were supposed to do. I just saw reviews saying, "Play blindly, it's really good." I'm a sucker for pixel games and it was on sale so I thought, eh, why not. And I absolutely do not regret the impulse buy. 10/10 solid game, really good game to get into blindly.

That must be… Elden Ring. Not a bad game, but i really need time to really get into it. I still don't found it tho…

around christmas i bought the sims 4 on steam. it also made me download some other program called orgin which is some ea thing, a few days later i returned it because the ui was weird on my computer and i wasn’t into the aesthetic.

I'm a big ""***cozy***"" aesthetics gamer and I'm drawn to games that have beautifully designed environments (for a purpose). This has led to a few quick purchases after stumbling upon their store pages.

Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale (3DS) - I was randomly browsing the eshop for RPGs with nice-looking towns and saw this. I scanned the screenshots and purchased the game without any research beyond that. There wasn't a lot of depth, but it was like playing through someone else's imagination and memories in a classic Japanese town. It was a short adventure, but an enjoyable one.

Doraemon Story of Seasons (Switch/PC/PS4) - similar to Attack of the Friday Monsters, I saw screenshots on the store page - including a cute cow and farming - and that was enough for me. I knew Doraemon was a big show in Japan, but I didn't know anything about it beyond that.

It brought the classic Harvest Moon back to basics (which I loved,) but I didn't resonate with the Doraemon characters or story. The price tag at launch was steep at $65ish + tax CAD, so I do regret buying this one as I only played it for a couple of hours.

Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale (PC) - being able to run a shop in an RPG is an automatic +10 love points for me. I saw you could run a shop on the game's store page and the wallet was out (this is also why I bought Moonlighter).

Recettear turned out to be one of my favorite "not sure what this is all about, but it looks nice" purchases. This game is a perfect blend of dungeon crawling and shopkeeping. I WISH there were a true successor or sequel with more content (they did release Chantelise but let's not even talk about that). A+

Last edited:
The Red Strings Club. The only reason I got it was because I was looking for a game with similar vibes to Va11 Hall-A

I don't think so. Usually I need to know what I'm getting myself into before I buy something. I did however play Mario Strikers this past weekend without ever playing it before and it was a lot of fun. Not exactly the most perfect game but I did enjoy playing it with other people.

The only ones I can remember off the top of my head are Pokken Tournament and Captain Toad for my Wii U but I ended of LOVING BOTH OF THEM! I always do research really, I want to make sure I will not waste money and I will actually play the game for atleast 50 hours.

Pioneers of Olive Town. My sister and I impulse bought it at Walmart last summer. It was full price back then but it was definitely worth it. It isn't perfect but it's the most fun I've had with a farming sim game since Harvest Moon DS! Definitely would recommend! There's lots of stuff to do and animals to buy/raise.

I bought BOTW on a whim last year for a holiday- it’s a really fun game but much, much harder than I expected (I’ve put so much time in and I’m still nowhere near to beating Ganon) and isn’t something I reach for regularly so I don’t know if I made the right call there tbh

i bought fallout new vegas knowing nothing about it in 2015 and its one of my top games of all time. i sincerely only bought it because it was like $8 for the ultimate edition during the steam summer sale, and it was the last $10 i had. im very very happy i tried it.

Back