• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Have you completed your fossil collection?

Not yet. I started off strong by having at least one new fossil each day. Now, I keep getting duplicates. I have a feeling that I need two or three more fossils to complete the fossil museum. Just throwing it out there, but does it feel like we're getting new fossils a bit too quickly? I don't remember being on the verge of getting all fossils in New Leaf within a few months. If anything, it took me at least a year to complete it there.

Yep...and I did it without trading. Although, I did ask my brother to help me find the last fossil I needed...but, I ended up digging it up myself on the same day that he texted me and said that he found it. So...yeah, that was kind of funny.

I finished about 95% of my museum before trading for the last few. Since then I think I’ve dug up all the fossils that would’ve been remaining, but I have no regrets asking for the last hard-to-find ones :) It was so nice to finally be done the exhibit!

i'm missing like 6 or 7 and I still haven't had any luck finding them!! every day Blathers is like "oop we already have these" when I get my fossils assessed :'(

It took a while for the last one, but I did complete it the other day. Now I'm finishing my fossil assessment badge - about 30 to go. Once I do, I'll bury some out of site to stop spawning.

I refuse to trade for museum items, too. I've bought fake art, but the first real has to be bought from Redd. Once that happens, I may buy a real piece to put in my house or around the island.

Yep! I actually like seeing all the villagers roaming around in the fossil room. It's funny when they're silhouette matches up with their animal. I saw one post that have anhka talking about the saber-tooth tiger.
it was a little sad because I think she was saying something about her friend or her mom. This was on when it so I can't exactly remember what it was.

I somehow managed to complete the fossil collection by myself! When I had given my last fossil to Blathers one day, he was like, it's completed! (and I was so confused...didn't realized I had gotten them all already lol)

Yes i've completed mine! There was a point I decided to roam my museum and try to determine which fossils I was missing. I was missing about 5. So I took note then looked for the remaining on here and traded!

I finished mine like 2 months ago by myself! im putting my extras outside my museum for decoration and the last thing I need is a stego torso and i can never find it...

I feel like I should be close, with the amount of fossils that get turned away (haven't found a new one in weeks), but when I looked there were still so many missing. D:

Back