Newbie trying to complete fruit collection

Kellya09

Bells
Sorry if this is on the wrong board!

I’m a mom to 2 kids who play ACNH for about 6 months. We have oranges and peaches and coconuts. We are wanting to complete our fruit collection but it seems we can’t get all the fruit without going online? If we get the online membership, can we randomly visit islands and buy their fruit from the cabinet at their island’s nooks cranny? Or do I need to be invited to an island by a code?

Thanks for the help!!

If you know anyone else with the game, you can visit their island through local play and you don’t need the online membership for that. Otherwise you will need it. You can’t visit random islands though, you will need a code to get to someone. You won’t necessarily have to buy the fruits from Nook’s Cranny - a lot of players by now have all the fruits and would be happy to share with you.

If you know anyone else with the game, you can visit their island through local play and you don’t need the online membership for that. Otherwise you will need it. You can’t visit random islands though, you will need a code to get to someone. You won’t necessarily have to buy the fruits from Nook’s Cranny - a lot of players by now have all the fruits and would be happy to share with you.
Ok so we need a code to be invited. Got it. Thank you!

Wow, I had no idea that you could only get your native and sister fruit from the NMT & Kapp'n Islands.. That really sucks! I hope Nintendo changes that for the next game...
In any case, Kellya09, I am pretty sure Nintendo offers a week trial period of Nintendo Switch Online! (Take that with a grain of salt though, I've always had the online services so I'm unsure if that's changed.) If you do end up getting the trial version, I can get you some fruits as well!

Welcome to the forums! If you do decide to get Nintendo Switch Online so you can complete your collection of fruits, so many people here are more than willing to help! You're very welcome to PM me if you need help/need fruit! 😊

Back