• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Has interest peaked?

Blizzard

Top Flake
Bells
With so many players TTing and duping and playing ACNL at fast pace, it appears to me many are already bored. The challenge is gone. Now it seems to just be about how many bells you can trade stuff for. That, in itself, is fun and I've taken part in and benefited from it by obtaining needed items. However, can you think of any game changes that would allow more flexibility?

The secret is to constantly set goals for yourself. I myself am getting bored so I'm trying to get Julian.

Yeah i agree it's becoming boring. That's why I'm gonna reset in the first place.

For myself, it pretty much peaked after a few weeks. It's been rather boring for months now.

I am getting very bored now, all I do is get on and water flowers, talk to villagers, check shops, write a hate letter to Violet then repeat process.
But my goal is to save lots of bells for Diana as she's now the last dreamie I need.

not for me
my main purpose in this game isnt to get bells or anything
i dont really have a goal
i just play the game really
even if 2 years pass, i do hope i will still be playing.

though i do fear this happening to some people. idk i think focusing on bells and rare dlc is a bit stressful and maybe you should slow down. or take a break from the game.

I kinda only bought New Leaf to play in the summer so the wait for RF4/PokemonXY would be shorter. Now that they're almost here (and that SMTIV is a pretty fab game so that took up quite a bit of time), I only play New Leaf to water my flowers, judge people's steetpass houses, and slowly pay off my alt character's house.

There was no challenge in ACNL; everything was just a question of when I would be able to get certain items or hit certain milestones.

After I complete my museum, finish my dream town, and play for a full year, then I'll be able to say whether it's boring or not.
Remember, people are still actively playing the GCN version.

I am getting very bored now, all I do is get on and water flowers, talk to villagers, check shops, write a hate letter to Violet then repeat process.
But my goal is to save lots of bells for Diana as she's now the last dreamie I need.

"Write a hate letter to Violet" LOL
I feel your pain, I too had her in my town at one point in time
As for the question, sometimes I do get bored. It really is the same routine every day. But it is a fun game, and I hope i'll still be playing for a long time

I purposely decided to progress through the game at a glacial pace out of fear that I'd burn out too quickly.
At the moment, my town is underdeveloped, and my house is in shambles. I feel like I still need to put a lot of work into making my town into a state I'm completely satisfied with.

I wanted this to be a game that I could boot up for a few minutes during the day just to kill a little bit of time, and it's pretty much been that way so far.

I'm still interested, partially because I really love the town design aspect, and partially because I haven't traded for every rare item in the game so I still look forward to holidays, lucky police station finds and the like. I think the rush to make as many bells as possible for the least amount of in-game work, and to trade for distant holiday exclusives and rare sets, obtaining them prematurely, is an effective recipe for killing the game. Sure it makes the game more fun for some players, but for the most part, I've seen a lot of pissing and moaning about how there's nothing left to look forward to, mostly from people that have been really, really active on various AC trading boards.

As for players who are losing interest that don't spend time trading online, I don't know what their reasons are. Hopefully some will post.

Last edited:
I am finally to a point where I can now enjoy the game. Before I had been rushing around trying to get as much money so I could items, get PWP built and get my town looking nice while talking to the villagers each and everyday. Now I can enjoy my town and villagers. The most I have TT is just one day back (back to 5:59am for Gracie's fashion checks). So I'm looking forward to the change of seasons and holidays to come.

Touko said:
"Write a hate letter to Violet" LOL
I feel your pain, I too had her in my town at one point in time
As for the question, sometimes I do get bored. It really is the same routine every day. But it is a fun game, and I hope i'll still be playing for a long time

I was in the same boat as well. SOOO~ happy she's gone!! :D Best of luck getting her to leave, Touko.

Anyway, I'm definitely not playing AS intensively, like hours in a single sitting, since it does get a lil boring doing the same routine. I have goals of completing my museum, getting a perfect town, and getting some of the dreamies in my sig. In no rush, so I'll hopefully get there at some point. It does help that I don't have everything right now, or else, I dunno what I'd do if I got everything quickly.

I am finally to a point where I can now enjoy the game. Before I had been rushing around trying to get as much money so I could items, get PWP built and get my town looking nice while talking to the villagers each and everyday. Now I can enjoy my town and villagers. The most I have TT is just one day back (back to 5:59am for Gracie's fashion checks). So I'm looking forward to the change of seasons and holidays to come.

That's how I felt. My Emporium isn't built and I've only done one Gracie check. It's been weeks and I'm seriously considering asking how you TT just to get her out of my way. I've got a museum full of clothes! I don't have every fish or bug or piece of art. I'm taking it day by day but can finally save some bells and just move flowers around and pick a fruit for a villager when it's right in front of them!! :)

That's how I felt. My Emporium isn't built and I've only done one Gracie check. It's been weeks and I'm seriously considering asking how you TT just to get her out of my way. I've got a museum full of clothes! I don't have every fish or bug or piece of art. I'm taking it day by day but can finally save some bells and just move flowers around and pick a fruit for a villager when it's right in front of them!! :)

When Gracie shows up again, pass the fashion check.
Then save & quit.
Start the game up again but have Isabelle change the time to 5:59am of that same day.
You will come out of your house, but let the time go to 6am.
The game will save and you will come out of your house again.
Gracie will be at the Plaza again.
Pass this fashion check.
Rinse & repeat until you have passed all you need.
I do make a point of talking to my villagers before I go back to 5:59am, just to make sure they aren't moving away.

I feel like if a game can't keep interest for then a year, it must be flawed in some way. However, I still enjoy playing, I even feel overwhelmed occasionally with how much there is to do. Maybe with the new generation of fast-paced video game players all these cheats are making the game seem boring. I bet if the GCN version came out this year people would be complaining to xD

I'm still excited to play this game everyday. I try to squeeze in an hour and a half each day, but usually that's not enough to really do all the things I want to do.

But I think it's exactly because I have so little time each day that I still have the same interest in this game as I did when it came out. Both my town and house still need work, and the fossil collection is the only one completed. I also love collecting medals and villager pictures, and I'm having a lot of fun breeding specific kinds of hybrids.

I really don't think I'll get bored of this game anytime soon!

I'm trying to get my alt chars house loans pay off so I can sort out the interior, get the rest of my dreamies, breed lots of hybrids, get natural paths, get the PWPs I want/need.... I won't get bored for a looong time!

I still have a lot of stuff to do, I?m far from finished with my, house, and I have a second characters house too, I still need a lot of the PWPs that I want, I still need a TON of hybrids, and bushes, and just landscaping in general. I wanna get all the badges, which include a lot of achievements :D I almost have all my dreamies ^^
And I?m planning on getting a second copy of the game eventually, and then I want that to be Fairy Tale Themed, my current town are gonna be Zen themed, and I will get the dreamies that I don?t have space for in my current town in that town xD
And probably more stuff along the way :)
I haven?t really TTed much the first few months I did not TT at all, but since then I have TTed a few times to move villagers out (after they already decided to move) for giveaways and trades :)

Last edited:
for me, not yet. i've got a long way to go in terms of collecting furniture sets, decorating my town, finishing my museum, etc.

and i've started up a second town so i hopefully that will keep me interested for a few more months.

Back