• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Pokémon Good movesets and natures?

Shinylatias

~A wild Latias appeared!~
Bells
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll
Pumpkin Cupcake
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll
So recently I got quite a few competitive-looking pokemon from someone. I was looking up good natures and movesets but they don't seem to match. I am just starting to join competitive battling so I'm not sure how EVs work.
Could someone tell me if these are the correct natures/movesets for these pokemon?

Gardevoir:
Modest, synchronize
Moves: Phychic
Hypnosis
Focus Blast
Calm mind
31/31/31/31/31/31

Articuno Calm, pressure. Item: leftovers
Roost, Ice beam, Toxic, Protect
31/31/31/31/31/31

Furfrou-
calm, fur coat Item rocky helmet
Sucker punch, charge beam, cotton guard, snarl
31/31/31/31/31/31

accelgor
timid, unburden item: focus sash
spikes
final gambit
encore
bug buzz
31/31/31/31/31/31
Thanks for any help! :)

Last edited:
Try looking up the good movesets online, like "best moveset for accelgor." Usually there is a page that comes up with people arguing which is the best, and alternative abilities and moves for different Pokemon. There might be comments if it's good or bad. And I'm not sure Articuno is allowed in competitive battling, but don't quote me on that.

For starters, I don't see an item on gardevoir. I also wouldn't go with hypnosis. If it's a mega you are after give it gardivorite (whateverthehell it's mega stone name is) and switch hypnosis with hyper voice.

Last edited:
I am probably very late to answer this. But I still want to give my honest opinion about this. Let's see what you did with your party.

Gardevoir:
Modest, synchronize
Moves: Phychic
Hypnosis
Focus Blast
Calm mind
31/31/31/31/31/31

Synchronize is a good ability to use against those who can utilize toxic, thunder wave, etc. And the nature is perfect for a Gardevoir. However, I do agree with Nox. Remove Hypnosis as the chances of that connecting is 60% accuracy. Making it 1 out of 4 turns or so being able to connect a Hypnosis on just 1 pok?mon. MegaGardevoir or not. I recommend you add maybe signal beam for when you battle against another psychic type as bug will be super effective. But the choice of it being a MegaGardevoir or not is still yours.

If it is a double battle Gardevoir that will not megaevolve, I recommend getting it with Telepathy. An ability where using moves such as earthquake and such by your own team-mate in double battle or triple battle, it will not hurt Gardevoir. Example: I have a Tyranitar with Earthquake. Gardevoir's Telepathy will not allow me to hurt my own pok?mon with earthquake.

Articuno Calm, pressure. Item: leftovers
Roost, Ice beam, Toxic, Protect
31/31/31/31/31/31

Articuno is a good Sp. Defense Pok?mon and with leftover it is pretty good. Your choice of moves is pretty well done for a supportive Articuno. i think Articuno is fine the way she is.

Furfrou-
calm, fur coat Item rocky helmet
Sucker punch, charge beam, cotton guard, snarl
31/31/31/31/31/31

A furfrou is quite rarely used. I am impressed you want one in the team as he makes a pretty good bruiser. However, I recommend making his nature to give him a benefit on Sp. Defense while hindering his Sp. Attack and remove charge beam for zen headbutt to counter fighting type pok?mon as that will be his weakness. Iron tail would also help furfrou with a few match up and chances of making the opponent flinch. Everything else is fine.

accelgor
timid, unburden item: focus sash
spikes
final gambit
encore
bug buzz
31/31/31/31/31/31

Accelgor with Unburden is a nice combination as long as you max out his speed. However, I do not believe you want to activate unburden with focus sash because Final Gamblit depends on how much HP you risked in order to make the opposing pok?mon's HP drop. For example: if your Accelgor has 140 and uses Final Gambit, the opposing pok?mon will lose the same amount of HP your Accelgor risked. And Focus Sash will not save you from Final Gambit. I recommend to take off Final Gambit because it is a very gimicky move and difficult to utilize. Keep the Focus Sash as it will make you extremely fast and replace spike and final gambit for maybe protect and energy ball. I say energy ball so you can counter rock type.

Back