• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Freebies here! Help me practice :D

Tensu

Bells
Pink Feather
Red Feather
Blue Feather
Purple Feather
Yellow Feather
Heyo, just got back into making more art! Please critique me, or give me an idea of how much TBT my art is worth. Also I'm taking requests, so if you want just post a ref and tell me if you'd prefer traditional or digital. Also, this is not first come first serve... I'll draw what I'm comfortable with or might choose not to draw yours. Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
You can draw anyone from the link that says Toyhouse in my sig! :D
And cute drawings! >w<
you should draw alphonse from fma too, hes one of the best ♡

You can draw anyone from the link that says Toyhouse in my sig! :D
And cute drawings! >w<
you should draw alphonse from fma too, hes one of the best ♡

Done! I drew Duciel~
Screen Shot 2016-07-18 at 6.06.22 PM.jpg
I'll be working on the rest soon. :D

Last edited:
Your main issue, from what I see, is generally a lack of proportion through the body.
It's most prominent in the arms, waist, shoulders, and neck.

Legs: Are way too short when compared to the arms. Generally the arms and the legs should be about equal in length with the legs being a bit longer. I can see why you made this mistake though with how you drew the waist.

Waist: Is too way too low. With the way you drew the clothing, it appears as though the legs begin around halfway through the skirt (which they do on Envy's character). If you look really closely at it, she has munchkin legs, which look very offputting when you compare it to her upper body.

Shoulders+Neck: The shoulders are a bit too big. Envy is a character who is very physically fit, but she doesn't share a physique with Captain America (Captain Dorito). It's not anything excessive though. The neck is also very very thick. This could be a style choice on your part and that'd be fine, but when I look at myself in the mirror and compare my shoulders to my neck, I see that between my shoulders I can fit 3.5 neck sizes between my shoulders. Envy here can seem to fit 2.5.

Everything else I see is just stuff you'll pick up from general practice and knowledge of the software. If you're not using Paint Tool SAI and would like to shoot me a PM and I'll get you hooked up. If you are, I would recommend looking into the stabilizer setting to make your lines look better overall.

It's also never too early to experiment with shading and highlights. Your art is already at a point where it would improve it's quality and give you much needed practice.

Hope I helped.

Last edited:
Your main issue, from what I see, is generally a lack of proportion through the body.
It's most prominent in the arms, waist, shoulders, and neck.

Legs: Are way too short when compared to the arms. Generally the arms and the legs should be about equal in length with the legs being a bit longer. I can see why you made this mistake though with how you drew the waist.

Waist: Is too way too low. With the way you drew the clothing, it appears as though the legs begin around halfway through the skirt (which they do on Envy's character). If you look really closely at it, she has munchkin legs, which look very offputting when you compare it to her upper body.

Shoulders+Neck: The shoulders are a bit too big. Envy is a character who is very physically fit, but she doesn't share a physique with Captain America (Captain Dorito). It's not anything excessive though. The neck is also very very thick. This could be a style choice on your part and that'd be fine, but when I look at myself in the mirror and compare my shoulders to my neck, I see that between my shoulders I can fit 3.5 neck sizes between my shoulders. Envy here can seem to fit 2.5.

Everything else I see is just stuff you'll pick up from general practice and knowledge of the software. If you're not using Paint Tool SAI and would like to shoot me a PM and I'll get you hooked up. If you are, I would recommend looking into the stabilizer setting to make your lines look better overall.

It's also never too early to experiment with shading and highlights. Your art is already at a point where it would improve it's quality and give you much needed practice.

Hope I helped.

Thank you so much, this really helped a lot!

AC Shawna.jpg
If you are doing villager OCs, would you please try drawing my villager OC of myself. I'm trying to look for some artwork of her (just for fun). You can choose the style. :)

Also, your art is really good, but I think that your digital would look even better if you did some shading. ;)

Could you draw one of mine? It doesn't matter which one x3
And draw it whichever way you want! I'd like it to be a surprise if that's alright!
http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?374727-Tangle-s-Art

I decided to draw Chance. Hope you like it!
Screen Shot 2016-07-18 at 11.02.04 PM.jpg
I tried to do a bit of lighting/shading on this one and I think that made it look pretty neat.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Thanks for drawing my lil angel! >w<
She looks adorable!

Haha no problem! Glad you like it! ^^

Maybe you could draw someone else from my Toyhou.se? .3.
If you see any, just draw them lol
Practice makes perfect :>

Back